IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

11 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

So is that a secret game?

Yes, Fairy Fire is a secret game that has been available on VS for a long time. They just added it to the EXP today with the update.

And it appears there's another secret game added today to both EXP and VS, but nobody online has figured out what it is or how to unlock it yet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, madman said:

Well then don't watch the above video and keep trying on your own. Problem solved. 

I watched the beginning of the video where he reveals the code but, unless he explains it later, I would have been more interested in where he found that code. I like finding codes in boxes of other games, newsletters, live events... But nobody can find out you have to press the menu button ten times to unlock a (crappy) game for instance.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I watched the beginning of the video where he reveals the code but, unless he explains it later, I would have been more interested in where he found that code. I like finding codes in boxes of other games, newsletters, live events... But nobody can find out you have to press the menu button ten times to unlock a (crappy) game for instance.

Look at Evercade's social media posts from yesterday (the 26th) and you'll see the code.

One of my recent purchases...

20231023_000006.jpg.22c5b5132fba426d59e3c2c49b9725c5.jpg

Glad to get the black one,...Cool screen!  Crap audio,  At least I have a cable for headphone jacks to instantly send audio to bigger boombox (PC) Speakers...

PS Got a couple of duplicate carts there.  Anybody need Technos Arcade 1 or Data East Arcade 1?   I was thinking $30 for Both,  If you want to pitch in for shipping,  that would be cool.  PM me.   (PPS:  I'd rather sell both, but may sell separate).

• Like 3

Now this is weird, but good news. Even though Full Void was supposed to be delayed to November 14th, Amazon France kept on displaying an October 31th release... I waited to see if it would be marked as "in stock" that day and it happened, so I ordered it but expected it would get delayed eventually. With the holiday nothing changed for a while, but I just got a shipping notice, so I'll get it tomorrow probably! It's nice because I'll be able to review it for my website this month and not the next one (there's a monthly review around the 15th of each month).

• Like 2

Just got my Super Pocket. As I suspected, I might play on it a lot more than on my EXP in the future...

Since I have small hands and don't care about connecting it to a TV, the EXP doesn't offer much more (while it's more than twice as expensive). Super Pocket's screen is actually not that much smaller when you take into account it's 4:3. The only caveat imho are the shoulder buttons that are very uncomfortable, but tbh I don't have many games that use them. Same for TATE mode, since I'm not a big shmup fan. Also I prefer the sliding power button of the Super Pocket.

• Like 3

I think the Super Pocket is going to become my normal travel device and my "completing games with save states" device. And I like Taito a lot more than Capcom so it will be awesome to have 18 amazing games everywhere I go. The EXP and VS will still have a place for score challenges, tate mode, and widescreen modern games. I'm really excited to get mine!

• Like 3

Oh, one more thing about the Super Pocket that surprised me (I hadn't noticed it in pictures from reviews). Since it's supposed to be a plug and play system that a lot of people will play as is, there's a dummy cart in it. Which is nice I guess, but I suspect finding a place for it when playing an Evercade cart will become some kind of recurring "problem" for me. 😅

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Oh, one more thing about the Super Pocket that surprised me (I hadn't noticed it in pictures from reviews). Since it's supposed to be a plug and play system that a lot of people will play as is, there's a dummy cart in it. Which is nice I guess, but I suspect finding a place for it when playing an Evercade cart will become some kind of recurring "problem" for me. 😅

Seems fairly obvious to me.

taito SP back.jpeg

• Like 1