IGNORED

Are People Crazy on Ebay???

DavidMil

2 hours ago, deffroe said:

£150 for a bit of cardboard anyone???

Bit of Cardboard

We should all be proud, knowing even a plain vanilla-looking cardboard box can reach great heights of value when stamped with the mighty Atari 800 XL name.

Didn't someone on here have a 1200 XL with a cardboard case? I'm pretty sure Atari cardboard is going to be the next big thing. 3D printing, bahhh... cardboard with Atari words printed on it!

Yeah, prices are nutty. I'm watching a couple now just crazy.
Oddly though.. years ago I had this weird urge to buy every copy of 'Maniac Mansion' a computer store was doing a $5.00 closeout on, in the 90s.

I bought one, thinking why the heck am I getting this impulse to buy all of them??

Now.. opened, used copies of it I have seen go for over $500.00 on eBay. Sealed copies are rare in the extreme and have seen them over $2K!!!!
Man, talk about kicking yourself. If I had 10 sealed copies, that's a downpayment on a house, LOL!

I still have one copy, but I think I'll pass it on to one of my kids.

Wasn't sure why it was worth so much until I looked into it.
It was the first Lucasarts games - that's one.
But mostly, it was the very first game to use an 'engine' with content layered on it. Like the standard now. So it makes it a piece of history in that regard.

I also ran into an Imsai8080 at a Thrift Store in the late 90s for $20. I had to agree with the wife, I had too much computer junk already.
Wish I wouldn't have listened to her or myself!

I must admit too - it would take a good bit of cash to pry my Atari1200XL out of my hands, lol.

On 9/5/2023 at 8:37 PM, Overange said:

I do think eBay is a bit broken sometimes.

I also scan other Retro Listings and for Amiga Buy it now this just appeared 😕 

image.thumb.png.72d95d0ca1792938dc0caf460766140b.png

Can't help but the "obsolete" lady is hilarious. That Amiga power brick can't be very rare though. I heard they are quite prone to malfunctioning, so a working one must be even rarer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bent_pin said:

The rest of that user's stuff is priced off-the-wall too.

Nope, I found these items, so you're WRONG! :D

UB40 I Can't Help Falling In Love With You 1993 UK 3-track 12" vinyl single B
£0.99

The Muppet Christmas Carol (VHS/SUR, 2001)
£0.99

Magazine Princess Diana
£5.00

2 hours ago, bent_pin said:

Still expensive but at least it's got some value added with a decent collection of games.

Have to admit, I don't know how much a 7800 is worth, once I got my 800 I stopped using consoles.

I thought the price was probably ok due to the amount of cart's, looking a Ebay here it seems 2600

games go on average for between £3 and £6 each depending on how many are bundled.

I try to pay $0.75-$4 per game unless it's really special, $10-$30 for a 2600, $30-$60 for a 5200, $16-$60 for a 7800.

I'd pay no more than $185 for the lot you listed including the shipping, and I would think I didn't get the greatest deal of I did.

I have a 400 but I need to get an 800.