IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

5 minutes ago, mr_me said:

No, that was several of their engineers that talked about fcc radiated emissions compliance.

Oh,  Maybe it IS coming out then?   I mean they'll have compliance...And lessee,  If I remember correctly,  This thing is on the launchpad,...Jus needs a wee bit o' fuel! 

Come'on peeps,  if everybody pitches in for some gas money..

This thing'll be "launching" in no time!

Or maybe Tommy can get out and push.

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

Oh,  Maybe it IS coming out then?   I mean they'll have compliance...And lessee,  If I remember correctly,  This thing is on the launchpad,...Jus needs a wee bit o' fuel! 

Come'on peeps,  if everybody pitches in for some gas money..

This thing'll be "launching" in no time!

Or maybe Tommy can get out and push.

More like the rocket needs a bunch more chairs stacked on top of each other. We stack enough the rocket might reach space! 

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.807ff021aeb24cdf794739bcd120e679.gif

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, mr_me said:

The remaining FCC intentional radiator compliance (wifi and bluetooth power levels) can be addressed with firmware/software.

neat.  you can get rid of spurs on the RF output by tweaking some software? first I heard about that.  generally you need filters or an antenna redo to fix that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, kevtris said:

neat.  you can get rid of spurs on the RF output by tweaking some software? first I heard about that.  generally you need filters or an antenna redo to fix that. 

I don't know about the Amico, but with next-gen radios all being software-defined radios... could you not tweak these things with software? Just curious. I'm a software engineer, but not a signals guy...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

It’s interesting that in the past two weeks, 2 of the 3 “testers”/public faces of Amico have used or threatened to use violence against critics of Amico. Family Values, what?

I know Creep challenged Pat to a boxing match or something. What/who was the other one?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kevtris said:

An IE employee told me that the FCC gives them a gold star sticker for trying. This can be used in lieu of getting official certification. Stop acting like you know what you are talking about. You are a jealous untalented gatekeeping. You haven't released as much hardware as Tommy has.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, kevtris said:

Hardware revisions as required, addressed during fcc radiated emissions compliance.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Creep didn't just challenge Pat to a boxing match, he said he'd spit in his face. And bizarrely asked him if he'd ever felt the inside of a woman (or a man).

Such a family friendly group of people.

That's like going on a racist tirade. The average person doesn't have something like that in them locked and loaded and ready to go when they get worked up. It's gross and weird.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, kevtris said:

Not at the scale Amico is working at, Kev! You just don’t understand what a big deal Tommy and Amico are. /s

Of all the stupid things uttered by @Tommy Tallarico on here, that really took the Olympic gold medal and I wish it weren’t buried. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, mr_me said:

No, that was several of their engineers that talked about fcc radiated emissions compliance.

Several of their employees said a great many things that turned out not to be true, even at the time they were saying it. Many of the other statements were predictions that never came true. 

A company doesn’t get to be a little bit FCC certified any more than a person can be just a little bit pregnant. 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

I don't know about the Amico, but with next-gen radios all being software-defined radios... could you not tweak these things with software? Just curious. I'm a software engineer, but not a signals guy...

generally not on these kinds of radio since they application specific.  There are filters you can buy and install in line with the antenna to filter the spurs and harmonics out and this is a decent way to go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

That's like going on a racist tirade. The average person doesn't have something like that in them locked and loaded and ready to go when they get worked up. It's gross and weird.

In spite of everything, I’m still surprised that IE hasn’t told him to retract and apologize. He’s a “tester” for the company, a public spokesman, and he’s out there talking about “the inside of a woman”, calling critics the R word, threatening violence… it’s crazy that no one has asked him to chill out.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Several of their employees said a great many things that turned out not to be true, even at the time they were saying it. Many of the other statements were predictions that never came true. 

A company doesn’t get to be a little bit FCC certified any more than a person can be just a little bit pregnant. 

Okay, any of them engineers?  Now regarding your claim, I simply asked for more information.  I figured you might have heard something from one of those employees.

The fcc has two parts to compliance for devices like this.  One part is unintentional radiators i.e. radiated emissions, and the second part is intentional radiators e.g. wifi/bluetooth.  Some devices only require the first part, others like the Amico require both.  It's certainly possible to achieve compliance with the first part and hold off on the second.  And there are more labs that can do the first part of fcc compliance than the second.

8 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

What's the reward for something like that?  Creep wins = Amico is awesome and coming out.    Pat wins = it's crap and never happening?

In regards to Amico, no matter who wins, it still ends up with Amico being an iffy idea at best, with horrible and scammy execution.

7 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Creep didn't just challenge Pat to a boxing match, he said he'd spit in his face. And bizarrely asked him if he'd ever felt the inside of a woman (or a man).

Such a family friendly group of people.

That has been an issue for a long time. The people Tommy used, didn't match the demographic that they were "targeting". Part of the problem is that no one else would have the idea of Amico.

The biggest Youtubers who latched on it were probably more excited about it being the anti-Pat console. The Mom 2.0 crowd sure weren't interested.

2 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

In spite of everything, I’m still surprised that IE hasn’t told him to retract and apologize. He’s a “tester” for the company, a public spokesman, and he’s out there talking about “the inside of a woman”, calling critics the R word, threatening violence… it’s crazy that no one has asked him to chill out.

They won't they encouraged it amd approve of their behavior. The only time I've heard anything to the contrary was during the Cyrus drunken rant. I heard they were maybe trying to get him a message to stop. But I'm a garbage human being so I might have been given bad information on that one. 🤣 Nah Tommy through PMs here encouraged people to attack and use their real life names instead of handles and such. He did so with the YT crew too. They were even trying to figure out personal information from TonyTGD like his looks and ex wife and such. Basically trying to dig up dirt to make him shut up.

They still buy into the hater talk. In reality they just needed to shut up and get to work and release the product.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, frankodragon said:

The way Tommy's going on with his "I composed the soundtrack to Astroblast" or "I composed music for Sonic and the Black Knight," he's going to keep continuing on a downward spiral with his delusions thinking he composed for every video game. 

tommy_cheetahmen.thumb.jpg.d852dce207b5fce65d3dd03357b1f7cc.jpg

It only happens because people to allow him to get away with it. There are some weird people who I think imprinted on him when he came around here and elsewhere. They just love and believe anything he and his company said. Also THEY HAVE IT COMING if he and others attack haters!!! This is probably why they don't speak out about his stealing other people's credit. They had it coming and they love Tommy.

Like use this reddit fan for example. 

Screenshot_20231128_173803_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e69f0f3c8b7b8e99e200ac527d70222c.jpg

I'm sure even our resident mr_me agrees with this sentiment. It's why he won't ever say the company or Tommy did wrong. THEY WERE ASKING FOR IT! Just like him accusing his band of committing a crime he committed was, them asking for it! 

🤔

tumblr_e33cd3893f27a44d7bb2a30bc384c8e8_df9a1001_1280.thumb.jpg.c081068845685ce13b2790393b656373.jpg

Also a sensible video from No Swear Gamer.

I love the -1 comparison.

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Lord Thag said:

I've been away for a few months. Nice to the Amico dumpster fire is still burning, lighting our way in these dark times.

winter is coming GIF

Has anyone looked up all the trademarks they had listed in their last update? If you made a drinking game out of every TM they listed, you would be blasted.

• Haha 1