IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

55 minutes ago, rayik said:

Looks like the Amico hardware controller's motion controls would never work right.

image.thumb.png.3f4938d73ad8793b81ebad3c97055607.png

On 3/29/2024 at 7:26 AM, MrBeefy said:

Anyone else have the feeling the game is this way because their controllers couldn't handle it? 

Man. It's almost like I know things, or they are horribly predictable. The controller was busted amd wouldn't work on Bomb Squad either. It has been shown to struggle on Finnegan, and horrible lag in Dynablasters before.

Now remember the excuse given by Nick Richards if I remember correctly on Frog Tony/TGDs interview was to make Cornhole more fun. It was a necessity because their controllers are inadequate to even properly play their pack in game.

People ignoring evidence that they made a crappy controller be like....

ezgif.com-added-text(3).gif.73a022b5a026d973f272e2e747f66d12.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

I love how Cornhole (the supposed “killer app) has been totally ignored by even the shill cult. I can’t believe how much they BUTCHERED such a simple concept.

Getting motion controls right isn't that simple, but they butchered a lot more than that.

Lavon said it best!

Edited by SegaMasterSystemPunk
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

I love how Cornhole (the supposed “killer app) has been totally ignored by even the shill cult. I can’t believe how much they BUTCHERED such a simple concept.

Yup it should function like darts, but underhanded instead of overhand.

It seemed to me they didn't really know much about Cornhole. Even adding in the wind factor was dumb and not something you worry about like you would in Golf or something.

I knew it was bad when Tommy showed off that demo at the office. Epic fail.

On 4/2/2024 at 3:50 AM, MrBeefy said:

Man. It's almost like I know things, or they are horribly predictable. The controller was busted amd wouldn't work on Bomb Squad either. It has been shown to struggle on Finnegan, and horrible lag in Dynablasters before.

Now remember the excuse given by Nick Richards if I remember correctly on Frog Tony/TGDs interview was to make Cornhole more fun. It was a necessity because their controllers are inadequate to even properly play their pack in game.

People ignoring evidence that they made a crappy controller be like....

ezgif.com-added-text(3).gif.73a022b5a026d973f272e2e747f66d12.gif

He's admitted the controller isn't really fit for it's purpose...but they're still claiming they're going to manufacture and sell these things by Christmas this year?

Why? Who could possibly want them when the guy making the things admits they aren't up to the relatively simple task of throwing a virtual beanbag accurately? The Wii, The Playstation Move, even Kinect had this sort of thing worked out a long time ago. Why go with motion controls at all if they had no idea - or were unwilling due to cost - how to make them work properly?

2 hours ago, dennett316 said:

He's admitted the controller isn't really fit for it's purpose...but they're still claiming they're going to manufacture and sell these things by Christmas this year?

Why? Who could possibly want them when the guy making the things admits they aren't up to the relatively simple task of throwing a virtual beanbag accurately? The Wii, The Playstation Move, even Kinect had this sort of thing worked out a long time ago. Why go with motion controls at all if they had no idea - or were unwilling due to cost - how to make them work properly?

The select few want controllers who still think the console was going to be more than a shovelware console at best.

They are doing it for appearances to drain the coffers, get a little more cash out of the same people who don't have the sense to ask for money back, and to lessen the likelihood they get sued or have more requests.

Remember every pack in game redeemed on Home is that much less of a refund people get.

If you look at their roadmaps and compare you will also notice they push things back like Home on iOS. I fully expect them to push back the controllers when they hit summer.

OR...I would not be surprised if they ran a KS or some crowdfunding campaign for the controllers. That will be their excuse to not make them as it "showed everyone is content with using phones". So instead of it being their crap business practices they can blame the fans for not wanting it enough.

It's one thing to shovel out digital store content, since anyone with minimal investment can get their apps published, and it really doesn't matter whether or not they sell (versus the minimal investment, relatively speaking), but it's something else entirely to manufacture a physical good in a reasonably cost-effective volume. If those don't sell, you're really in trouble. I'm sure they're still sitting on a ton of mostly empty game boxes, not even counting the ones, like mine, that were returned.

And unless they find a way to make the controllers work universally, rather than just with their apps, that presents a similar issue. We can assume that the mobile games, in total, have sold maybe in the low thousands across all SKUs. What percentage of those individuals would even be interested in the controllers, even putting aside the idea that I'm sure many of those purchases were one-offs done simply out of morbid curiosity rather than genuine interest in the games themselves? And who is still going to be playing these games long-term if the controllers do actually come out? They're not exactly deep experiences you want to revisit. So yeah, that's a long-winded way of saying how many controllers, minimum, can they actually manufacture, and how many of those can they actually sell, especially if they won't function as controllers for anything else (not that that would help THAT much, but certainly would make it easier for SOME people to purchase one).

• Like 5

On 4/1/2024 at 9:48 PM, rayik said:

What a mess cornhole is.

Posted on discord

Looks like the Amico hardware controller's motion controls would never work right.  The motion sensor "tends to drift after a couple of seconds."

image.thumb.png.3f4938d73ad8793b81ebad3c97055607.png

Here he's explaining to a user that's comparing the game to one using VR equipment, how VR uses optical sensors to track aim and angle in the throw and why this game does not. Accuracy errors are inherent with systems using only an accelerometer and gyroscope to calculate its position through space, which is how the first version of Amico cornhole attempted to do it. It does not apply to the second version, which is similar to motion control games on other systems that also use on-screen graphics to establish aim and throw angles.

4 hours ago, dennett316 said:

Why? 

Well, you know how so many stories have these characters who gain too much knowledge/insight/wisdom and it drives them mad?  Kind of the same thing here... all those billions of years (give or take a few) of experience they were bragging about was more than one mortal team can handle, so it drove them incompetent. 

Edited by Razzie.P
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

It's one thing to shovel out digital store content, since anyone with minimal investment can get their apps published, and it really doesn't matter whether or not they sell (versus the minimal investment, relatively speaking), but it's something else entirely to manufacture a physical good in a reasonably cost-effective volume. If those don't sell, you're really in trouble. I'm sure they're still sitting on a ton of mostly empty game boxes, not even counting the ones, like mine, that were returned.

And unless they find a way to make the controllers work universally, rather than just with their apps, that presents a similar issue. We can assume that the mobile games, in total, have sold maybe in the low thousands across all SKUs. What percentage of those individuals would even be interested in the controllers, even putting aside the idea that I'm sure many of those purchases were one-offs done simply out of morbid curiosity rather than genuine interest in the games themselves? And who is still going to be playing these games long-term if the controllers do actually come out? They're not exactly deep experiences you want to revisit. So yeah, that's a long-winded way of saying how many controllers, minimum, can they actually manufacture, and how many of those can they actually sell, especially if they won't function as controllers for anything else (not that that would help THAT much, but certainly would make it easier for SOME people to purchase one).

There are dozens interested.

Er well um maybe according to Cornhole download just a dozen interested in controllers.

13 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Well, you know how so many stories have these characters who gain too much knowledge/insight/wisdom and it drives them mad?  Kind of the same thing here... all those billions of years (give or take a few) of experience they were bragging about was more than one mortal team can handle, so it drove them incompetent. 

I can't wait for Back Talk Party and how Tommy and Co. will finally be successful and grab all those 3.2 billion customers, proving all those wrong who totally underestimated him.

Sad thing is really people overestimated their ability. 😅

23 hours ago, mr_me said:

Here he's explaining to a user that's comparing the game to one using VR equipment, how VR uses optical sensors to track aim and angle in the throw and why this game does not. Accuracy errors are inherent with systems using only an accelerometer and gyroscope to calculate its position through space, which is how the first version of Amico cornhole attempted to do it. It does not apply to the second version, which is similar to motion control games on other systems that also use on-screen graphics to establish aim and throw angles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 4/5/2024 at 7:18 AM, mr_me said:

I’m glad you’ve been released from TT’s stasis chamber. What you’ve said above means nothing. Compare  Wii bowling from 15 years ago and this- one is terrible in every way, and one is not.  Even John’s explanation is nonsense as these games are supposed to be “simple”- even for grandma (which by the way is a sexist and misogynistic trope that these scumbags love to roll out), and yet even the die hards have been complaining about the controls.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

I’m glad you’ve been released from TT’s stasis chamber. What you’ve said above means nothing. Compare  Wii bowling from 15 years ago and this- one is terrible in every way, and one is not.  Even John’s explanation is nonsense as these games are supposed to be “simple”- even for grandma (which by the way is a sexist and misogynistic trope that these scumbags love to roll out), and yet even the die hards have been complaining about the controls.

Clubhouse Games on Switch gets done with darts. Your aim, angle, and power of shot all done with motion.

No aiming using a joystick, or joystick replacement screen.

Oh and it has Bowling like the Wii Bowling.

And it's an affordable title.

That also has card games, board games, and a non-stolent assets tank game.

And a puzzle game.

Really just buy a Switch amd CG51 and you have a more impressive Amico that is not only cheaper, but more polished, capable, exists, and not ran by a bunch of innept idiots.

• Like 3