IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

5 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Yep, people should.

You get the Amico Home games?  If so, your thoughts on them?

No, didn't get any of them. Thanks for asking.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

It's a big if, but if controllers ever get produced it should be possible to make drivers for various operating systems.  That can include settings for the touchpad to emulate a mouse or a third game controller button. If they open the controller api, developers should be able to use the controller and its display screen outside of the amico home app. But I would expect a scenario where a small number of people prepay a relatively high price to get them made.

And I just want to make the distinction between hours and hours of content versus replayability. Some people do play darts or cornhole, for example, over and over throughout their lives. It would be nice for these controllers to be out there for developers to use with local multiplayer games with controller displays.

Another example of misrepresenting what's been said. While there has been some trolling, obviously another reason is simply to add to the discussion. People should be able to comment without the mischaracterisation or any characterisation.

Referring to the Ars Technica 2021 article, while the writer doesn't claim to be a journalist, this was one of the things wrong in the article as there were no preorders or crowd investing until 2020. That announcement as described in the article never happened.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

Another example of misrepresenting what's been said. While there has been some trolling, obviously another reason is simply to add to the discussion. People should be able to comment without the mischaracterisation or any characterisation.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

@lawdawg710 Your last post might break AA's rules. I remember using an innocuous GIF of this man's rival and it was removed. I'm aware it's not political technically, but it's still forbidden here afaik.

Hmmm that is interesting.  I guess I could see if it was something political or some sort of partisan thing.  Thanks for the heads up!!

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Alvarado going over Missile Command. Simple pick up and play for non-gamers....

The sad part is they don't really need these instructions. For instance the right type of missiles is fired whether you aim at a missile or a base, so why explain it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

The sad part is they don't really need these instructions. For instance the right type of missiles is fired whether you aim at a missile or a base, so why explain it?

Because you have to obtain the right missile first. If you just shoot at their city it does nothing. I liked the idea of vs, but the implementation just doesn't look fun.

On 2/1/2024 at 9:51 AM, number6 said:

Another public service announcement/reminder for IE's TM attorney:

Your statement of use or -final- extension to show use in commerce for Jungle Hunt and Bump 'N' Run trademark filings is coming due soon.

You might wish to avoid uspto filing yet more abandonment notices on these TMs which would require you taking more of your time and money filing for TM revival yet again.

This week's edition of the public service announcement/reminder for IE's TM attorney:

Your statement of use or extension to show use in commerce for "Intellivision Amico" is coming due soon.

You might wish to avoid uspto filing yet more abandonment notices on this principal TM which would require you taking more of your time and money filing for TM revival yet again.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Because you have to obtain the right missile first. If you just shoot at their city it does nothing. I liked the idea of vs, but the implementation just doesn't look fun.

Sure, but I still think you can mostly figure out things on your own. Clearly Alvarado doesn't even have trust in his products, which says a lot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Sure, but I still think you can mostly figure out things on your own. Clearly Alvarado doesn't even have trust in his products, which says a lot.

Tommy was the same way. It's why he had issues with anyone having an opinion that wasn't dictated by him. He knew he had nothing, and what little they did have wasn't good. Same way he had to say Switch was bad. He didn't have a convincing argument as to why Amico is good.

There were tons of red flags.

• Like 2

He was also supposed to frame a quote from TS Eliot (or someone like that) I mentioned to put on the wall of their HQ. 🙄

It was hilarious how Tommy really tried hard to rub everyone the right way initially, especially since some members made it unwillingly hard, listing far too many games they wanted to see on Amico, or suggesting very lame, cringe-worthy ideas for games or slogans. 🤦‍♂️ You could actually wonder if they were in fact trolling geniuses in disguise, but I kinda doubt it. He's not an AtariAger but if François was actually a troll for instance (his songs and memes are so bad they're stuff of legend), he would have revealed himself by now. So he's just super dumb. 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

"Like gold to airy thinness beat"

The Amico looks like a place to rest your feet...

...Just imagining what poetry might adorn the HQ Walls...

Oh it wasn't poetry, sorry, it was a quote about constraints often driving creativity. I always found it true but I looked online to see if someone famous said it, and I found that quote.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

He was also supposed to frame a quote from TS Eliot (or someone like that) I mentioned to put on the wall of their HQ. 🙄

It was hilarious how Tommy really tried hard to rub everyone the right way initially, especially since some members made it unwillingly hard, listing far too many games they wanted to see on Amico, or suggesting very lame, cringe-worthy ideas for games or slogans. 🤦‍♂️ You could actually wonder if they were in fact trolling geniuses in disguise, but I kinda doubt it. He's not an AtariAger but if François was actually a troll for instance (his songs and memes are so bad they're stuff of legend), he would have revealed himself by now. So he's just super dumb. 🙂

Poe's Law. At this point it's really hard to see if someone is that deluded or acting dumb to just troll. It's really easy to act dumb. Like...

"Hey who's ready for Finnigan Fox 2?!" I know Finnigan Fox is going to be great on Amico and I have my fingers crossed they announce a sequel this year! This year is going to be the year of Amico!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I was thinking  ruminating,...Introspecting on this whole Amico saga (Debacle if you prefer...I know I do).  And I thought maybe it's time to give it to the robots.  Yup!   Gotta see what AI has to say!  So they figure (well,  with my help I guess)...That it could be boiled down and analyzed as a single PC screen shot, ... featuring 3 Folders labeled HATER DUNGEON,  TOMMY KEEPS REFUNDS, and POETRY (yeah,...I used a little Creative License, heh ...Struck me as funny)...

So here's what they came up with...And,   fortunately, it becomes more unhinged the further ya go! ...

TT.jpg.11273b9b89c22ec91565ce7f48df9776.jpg 

TTt.jpg.f840a4fc0bfbb34300b18056f424732f.jpg 

TT1.jpg.1cd8bf075c8c6767c101e11edb23930b.jpg 

TTu.jpg.e6a0a1942828b3a3092e3973b7f167ea.jpg

Edited by GoldLeader
Whoaaaa! For any doubters,...2nd pic. Is that John Alvarado's face inside the pyramid?? ha!
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

So I was thinking  ruminating,...Introspecting on this whole Amico saga (Debacle if you prefer...I know I do).  And I thought maybe it's time to give it to the robots.  Yup!   Gotta see what AI has to say!  So they figure (well,  with my help I guess)...That it could be boiled down and analyzed as a single PC screen shot, ... featuring 3 Folders labeled HATER DUNGEON,  TOMMY KEEPS REFUNDS, and POETRY (yeah,...I used a little Creative License, heh ...Struck me as funny)...

So here's what they came up with...And,   fortunately, it becomes more unhinged the further ya go! ...

TT.jpg.11273b9b89c22ec91565ce7f48df9776.jpg 

TTt.jpg.f840a4fc0bfbb34300b18056f424732f.jpg 

TT1.jpg.1cd8bf075c8c6767c101e11edb23930b.jpg 

TTu.jpg.e6a0a1942828b3a3092e3973b7f167ea.jpg

There once was a Intellivision employee named John.

Who would drain the refunds all day long.

All of the games on Amico Home he'd unpack,

And they were so shitty it was to Founder's a kick in the sack.

• Haha 2

So just to remind everyone. They said they were totally ready for 10/10/2020, and it was just parts that caused them to delay.....

JNWtjFN.thumb.png.4b668dea460912cbad774d8f8bb8a26e.png

They never had their pack in games done. 🤣

Maybe the idiots will now believe the Fundable percentages? The only thing they had completed was board design and shell design. Nothing else was ready.

Now I will give them partial credit on the missing parts. The big missing part they needed was a competent team who knew what they were doing and could deliver a competent product.

See I'm fair. 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

So just to remind everyone. They said they were totally ready for 10/10/2020, and it was just parts that caused them to delay.....

JNWtjFN.thumb.png.4b668dea460912cbad774d8f8bb8a26e.png

They never had their pack in games done. 🤣

Maybe the idiots will now believe the Fundable percentages? The only thing they had completed was board design and shell design. Nothing else was ready.

Now I will give them partial credit on the missing parts. The big missing part they needed was a competent team who knew what they were doing and could deliver a competent product.

See I'm fair. 😅

I’m hoping somebody would ask “the testers” how come they never noticed this. It proves that not even those folks are playing these games.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

I’m hoping somebody would ask “the testers” how come they never noticed this. It proves that not even those folks are playing these games.

My guess is the gameplay is so shitty that it's a blessing the AI-controlled players are weak, so that you can at least have a chance to win.

• Haha 3