IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

16 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

No joke. I mean none of it has looked very fun. Watching Mullis, DJC, and them play pretty much killed any thoughts I had that it could still be fun.

Well it's still fun to joke about at least.

Yeah. Tommy once said that showing the games off doesn't do them any favours because people say they look like crappy mobile games. Well... that's one thing he was actually correct about! The gameplay videos shown look so comically boring and lackluster I'm rather disappointed none of the big gaming sites got their hands on any to review.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Yeah. Tommy once said that showing the games off doesn't do them any favours because people say they look like crappy mobile games. Well... that's one thing he was actually correct about! The gameplay videos shown look so comically boring and lackluster I'm rather disappointed none of the big gaming sites got their hands on any to review.

He would try and act like people would hate the graphics. Some did.

However, the biggest fault is none of it was polished. It looked like crap from that side of things. It showed glitches, lag, misspellings, stolen assets, etc.

Their biggest issue is that they don't have an eye for game design. Best I ever got from the wife was something looked okay. Not a looks good that I want to pick up and play. Just okay.

It doesn't help that everything was pretty much just demos and they were hoping someone would get suckered into buying and bailing them out.

1 hour ago, CurlyQ said:

Intellivision Amico Investors Appreciation Day! Step right up and meet John Alvarado, the Chief Technology Officer!

intellivision-amico-investors-appreciation-day-john-alvarado.thumb.gif.ca267637ba97ede6c2950bf605c54173.gif

The guy in grey represents reality. Guy in blue represents Amicolytes hopes and dreams.

power-slap.gif.8b7127a5dd76f8f9a555f609d50b1f54.gif

• Haha 2

The Wii came out almost 20 years ago. How can they not get a motion control game right?

They obviously don't understand the difference between simple and stupid.

image.thumb.png.af570a6740ab09fe26c80de8617bdff0.png

Anyone else have the feeling the game is this way because their controllers couldn't handle it? People scrambling for this should just get a Switch and Clubhouse and call it a day. Darts and Bowling on that are way better and have proper motion controls implemented. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, frankodragon said:

I don't know if this was posted here but it's two years old and still relevant.

This one is 3 years old and before their first launch date. It's just as relevant to.

This one is a classic and reminder of all those people who were going to laugh at everyone when it released and changed the gaming world.

I personally like the part where Tommy T comes in to stop misinformation. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/29/2024 at 1:26 PM, MrBeefy said:

The Wii came out almost 20 years ago. How can they not get a motion control game right?

They obviously don't understand the difference between simple and stupid.

image.thumb.png.af570a6740ab09fe26c80de8617bdff0.png

Anyone else have the feeling the game is this way because their controllers couldn't handle it? People scrambling for this should just get a Switch and Clubhouse and call it a day. Darts and Bowling on that are way better and have proper motion controls implemented. 

Getting motion controls right is probably not that simple.

And they are simpletons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Getting motion controls right is probably not that simple.

And they are simpletons.

Our game is so boring you should do exercises in between.

20240330_202927.thumb.jpg.727af5ed7a1b1cfb94d6ee196ed8ef88.jpg

There is going to be ten people out there with horrible tastes in games with good glutes.

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Our game is so boring you should do exercises in between.

20240330_202927.thumb.jpg.727af5ed7a1b1cfb94d6ee196ed8ef88.jpg

There is going to be ten people out there with horrible tastes in games with good glutes.

Given the average age of the Amico fanbase, there will probably be some very bad backs too.

Well if it was a well made game and intuitive, it wouldn't be confusing.

Screenshot_20240401_121735_Discord.thumb.jpg.9a84a868109645e6c689910d555397c3.jpg

On this special day for fool's, someone should try and direct ole Wild Bill to some decently made games at affordable prices.

CG51 Darts > Cornhole

I want to say I can't believe they could mess up a stupidly simple game like cornhole. However, they have continually shown they are just that dumb.

• Haha 3

Just now, SteveTheColecoDude said:

You're gonna have to get grandma a physics textbook before giving her an Amico controller.

The users have dated themselves with the granny toss being the seemingly preferred method of toss. Lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, frankodragon said:

It's worse.  The instruction manual for Cornhole is freakin' hardcover book which costs an extra $29.99.

cornhole_instruction_book.thumb.jpg.8ca045bf0fd820ef2061ec533d8c4c45.jpg

ezgif.com-added-text.gif.e28a99f28d908b276793d09a64f02a1d.gif

Hey Wild Bill might even be noticing their impotence in getting things right.

image.thumb.png.6843f45c9dddb8ebec3eb02a00df9a1b.png

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, frankodragon said:

It's worse.  The instruction manual for Cornhole is freakin' hardcover book which costs an extra $29.99.

cornhole_instruction_book.thumb.jpg.8ca045bf0fd820ef2061ec533d8c4c45.jpg

I know we all miss the era of games coming with printed manuals, but that's probably going a bit far.

• Like 1