IGNORED

THE BIG CHRISTMAS 2600+ GIVEAWAY COMPETITION!

Ben from Plaion

For the 2600+, I'd love to see Atari SA's take on Frenzy (Berzerk's arcade sequel and a property that's now under Atari SA ownership).

For the 7800, I won't stray far away from the theme of my 2600 pick. I'd love to see you secure the PacManPlus developed homebrew port of Berzerk & Frenzy and give it an officially sanctioned Atari release.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For Atari 2600 DARK CAVERN -  You guys did secure some M-Network titles unless I'm misremembering.  DARK CAVERN is my Favorite game ever on 2600!  Very hard to improve upon,  but...I imagine a version where the color palette shifts every time you kill 4 robots or something,  just to keep it interesting...Maybe a few voice enhancements to add to the menace...That would be Amazing!

Atari 7800 - Tough call because there's so many choices.   Probably not broadly popular but I personally would like to see licensed, "Official" releases of things like Astro Blaster or Armor Attack II,  or (more popular) anything Pac-Man...Baby Pac-Man or Super Pac-Man, too.   For homebrews there is so many Amazing games...My list would probably fill the page!  (heh)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If Donkey Kong can be licensed, then one of the great 2600 remakes already mentioned earlier, plus for the 7800 release Donkey Kong Remix, which is a greatly expanded version of the original Donkey Kong.  I would even volunteer to do the coding for the 7800 version, which I already have a good start on.  See my avatar. :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Dbug said:

- If it's a 2600 game, then let's go for E.T.+ the symbol of the crumbling US video game market, republished as an Enhanced version with all the bug fixes and improvement made by the guy who made a deep dive on how the game worked

I also first thought of E.T.

E.T. would be a great idea for the publicity alone.  If I recall correctly, Spielberg was very positive about the game at the time, so obtaining the rights to re-release may not be that difficult if approached correctly.  The unfortunate bugs that made it too difficult and the timing ruined the chances for it to be properly appreciated.

For the 7800, any of the good ports would be worthwhile if the rights can be had.  (Basically the stuff that had to be removed from the store here.)

• Like 5

A new version of ET where you have to run around a New Mexico landfill site, falling into pits hoping to find ET cartridges that Atari buried in the 80's while avoiding retro game collectors who will steal your carts to put them on ebay, and the mayor who wants to stop you stealing New Mexico's property and will drag you to City Hall. If you run out of energy, Howard Scott Warshaw will run onscreen and revive you. When you have all three carts, you need to find the special icon to hail an Uber to take you to the National Videogame Museum to put them on display.

Or Montezuma's Revenge. That would be sweet and it hardly appears for resale over here. 

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, PowerDubs said:

...and a modern Jack Black commercial to go along with it's re-release!

That would be awesome.  Actually, maybe not needed at this point, but would be cool just to see an ad buy for the 2600+.  Seeing an Atari commercial in 2023 would be amazing, and way better than yet another obnoxious dancing/singing crappy pharmaceutical ad.

Since I'm jumping in again, another suggestion.  There's an amazing BurgerTime clone homebrew (Chaotic Grill) I'd love to see complete and on a cart.  Puts the M-Network to shame.

• Like 1

All you need to do to enter is post in this thread answering one question.... Tell me what game you'd like to see released by Atari in the future for the 2600+, an old re-issue, a homebrew, an enhanced re-issue, a brand new game, a downport, whatever.

Would love to see an enhanced version of Circus.  More than anything, though, the most exciting path forward is encouraging and growing entirely new titles! I'm partial to ones which lend well to score-chasing 🙂.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

That is a fun game.  It's on the Atari 50 collection.  Having it released on a cart would be great.

Specifically, it was an unreleased game by Ed Logg (Asteroids, Centipede, Gauntlet, and basically 1/2 of Atari's classic arcade library) which is why I think it would be cool to see.

Buuuuuut I'm also kind of a fanboy for him, so it's a very biased nomination. Lol. Also part of why I said I, Robot and Tempest: I love those games AND Dave Theurer's work in general. They're both my fave devs from Atari/Atari Games.

And yeah, the game itself is a fun shooter/maze game hybrid. Kind of like a more fleshed out version of Nightstalker/Dark Caverns.

• Like 2

One of my all time favourite on the Lynx has been Lemmings. The screen resolution is just 160x102 pixels and it uses 2 buttons plus pause. A 7800 version with a new Furnace Tracker soundtrack to play the Amiga version would be great! The Lynx has a simple joypad to control the cursor movement. The great thing about Lemmings control is that the cursor area is a fairly big box. So you don't need to have pixel perfect movements.

And then the amazing Rikki & Vikki that really shines as a 2 player game.

• Like 3