IGNORED

THE BIG CHRISTMAS 2600+ GIVEAWAY COMPETITION!

Ben from Plaion

19 minutes ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

My contribution, because it's a little bit scarce, would like to see a re-release of 7800 Centipede.  Probably a couple other games in that boat, but this one should be easy.  And some nice color labels this time.

Kills me to see the penny pinching when it came to cartridge manufacture, I mean really changing colour labels to black and white was such a crappy move, shame on that person!

Edited by Ben from Plaion
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, kamakazi said:

One game I think the 2600 could handle is Qix.  The original 2600 never got Qix and I’ve wondered if the machine could handle it.

If for the 7800 portion of the 2600+ a version of Gradius or Life Force would be cool to see.

Edited by Big Player
  • Like 1

Given I keep talking about it and/or ways to do it on the hardware, Tempest on the 2600. That or Black Widow, possibly with a Smash TV NES style dual controller option.

And maybe for the 7800, and idc how weird/compromised it is... some facsimile of I, Robot.

A 2600 version was pitched, so clearly there was/is SOME idea as to how to do it. Maybe isometric? IDK. Just assuming that would be easier than sprite scaling. I just wanna see what an ATTEMPT would even look like, lol.

Also, a weird idea/suggestion for a Demake (as a fighting game nerd, which doesn't come up much talking about Atari) would be a "port" of Fight for Life to the 7800 in a similar way to the Genesis VF2 port.

And I say "port" both because it would be 2D... and because as a fighting game fan I can say that game would need to basically be mechanically overhauled to hell and back. So, a basically just a new 2D fighting game that used the character, lol. Just reaching for first party fighting game. assuming there's no homebrew.

If Jang Pung 3 and VF:A could do it on the master system...

Edited by Warboss Gegguz

3 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Another game that would be neat to see is Battlezone enhanced.  But I don't think it's owned by Atari anymore.

Rebellion owns battlezone now, but they DO still own Red Baron. Which is basically just Battezone, but planes instead of tanks.

In fact that would arguably work even better with the 2600's controller, since that just had a flight stick and a fire button vs. Battlezone's twin-tread controls. And it's not like the 2600 doesn't have several flight sims.

• Like 2

Since someone already said Major Havok, Let me just round out the vector-port request and say Quantum.

Which would arguably be pretty easy since it's just a line and dots.

Also, didn't occur to me until now, but Maze Invaders could be possible on the 7800...

Edit: Promise that's the last one, lol. Again, I have a lot of ideas and not a lot of programming skill, so this sort of question is right up my alley, lol.

Edited by Warboss Gegguz

I think that a 7800 10-1 multicart(dipswitches) for those that might not be able to find 7800 games in their area.  Cool to see if a homebrew or two could be offered on the multicart.   Also might be helpful if the community could choose the games to offered on the cart from a list.  If my name gets drawn, feel free to choose someone else for any of the prizes.   Just wanted to give my imput.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Some ideas off the top of my head...

• Frenzy (7800 homebrew)
  • Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest (7800 homebrew)
  • Kangaroo 7800 (new)

• New Trackball Controller to use with:
  • Missile Command 2600 Enhanced
  • Missile Command 7800 (new)
  • Crystal Castles 7800 (new)
  • Millipede 7800 (new)

• New Driving Controller to use with:
  • Indy 500 Enhanced 2600
  • Sprint Master Enhanced 2600
  • Super Sprint 7800 (new)

• Like 5

You know what, an enhanced version f Space Inverders would be the perfect anniversary item for the 2600 Plus.

Just improve the graphics/colors a bit, add more play modes, improve the movement of alians, and we would have a GREAT game. Becuase the Atari 2600 port actually has the best game modes of them all, it just needs some refinement.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, protomank said:

You know what, an enhanced version f Space Inverders would be the perfect anniversary item for the 2600 Plus.

Just improve the graphics/colors a bit, add more play modes, improve the movement of alians, and we would have a GREAT game. Becuase the Atari 2600 port actually has the best game modes of them all, it just needs some refinement.

That would be a bit hard since they'd have to get Taito (aka Square Enix) on board, but there is a project from 05 called Space Invaders Deluxe that makes it much closer to the Arcade original.

But yeah, reissues of 3rd-party titles is a bit hard given the licensing  contracts expired over 40 years ago.

Edited by Warboss Gegguz
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, swlovinist said:

I think that a 7800 10-1 multicart(dipswitches) for those that might not be able to find 7800 games in their area.  Cool to see if a homebrew or two could be offered on the multicart.   Also might be helpful if the community could choose the games to offered on the cart from a list.  If my name gets drawn, feel free to choose someone else for any of the prizes.   Just wanted to give my imput.  

Imagine if I pulled your name out for the top prize...people would throw internet tomatoes at us!

• Haha 5

A Multicart with with Trakball Games like Centipede 7800 or Missile Command 2600,

Any game the license wouldn't be a problem, together with a new trakball.

The games must support the TB mode to give the right feeling... "The first time, you can play these games like in the old arcades at home".

As manufacturing of the hardware would cost something, the games (TB hacks) have to exist already and the license need to be affordable.

Cart only or hardware only as an option🤙

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Imagine if I pulled your name out for the top prize...people would throw internet tomatoes at us!

honestly, owning one already 4-6 would be cooler for me. Especially with Berzerk being one of my fave games.

Also, I'm just having fun sharing my stupid ideas for ambitious/Punching Weight-esque projects. Not every day I have someone ASK me.

Normally I just tell them regardless during my chaotic ramblings 🤓