IGNORED

Atari 2600+ Beta Update 1.1 REV2

Ben from Plaion

Okay so I’ve updated 

scramble still says loading have failed no matter what I do 

Astro blaster the fire button does nothing and activision games are still hit and miss no matter what 

1 hour ago, Kal said:

Dungeon stalker loads to demo mode only 

I can’t start the game itself 

This one works for me. Did you go down to the "start game" item in the menu first? It doesn't just start with a button press from the default menu position. 

1 hour ago, Kal said:

Okay so I’ve updated 

Astro blaster the fire button does nothing and activision games are still hit and miss no matter what 

1 hour ago, Kal said:

Dungeon stalker loads to demo mode only 

I can’t start the game itself 

All 7800 games (PAL) worked fine for me on debug loads🤔

Hope I will be able to retest them on Rev2 soon.

Edited by DEANJIMMY

2 hours ago, Kal said:

Okay so I’ve updated 

From what I can tell, for the 2600+ the AstroBlast game only seems to work with a Paddle controller (well, that's how it works for me).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

If you successfully updated the Christmas build and you are using the same PC there should be no need to install Driver Assist again, the RKDevTool should see the machine when its connected and show 'Found one Maskrom device'

But anyway, if you are having difficulty then uninstall the driver in device manager and re-install driver assist, remember your 2600+ must be plugged into your PC with TV Type in Color and whilst powering on hold GAME RESET.

Try it again and see how you get on

Ok, I tried all that, no luck. I deleted the previous firmware update from my PC and installed the new one. Followed the instructions and it will not find my Unknown Device. I tried three different cables, including the one I used last time. I will just wait for the next one. 

11 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Perhaps. @Albert can you confirm whether there were any differences (boards etc.) between the original and current later runs of Beef Drop and Froggie? -Thanks.

I can put Beef Drop to bed.  I got ready to record some video of what was happening, and apparently seven times is a charm because, slap me around and call me Susie, it worked this time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jnagy13 said:

Ok, I tried all that, no luck. I deleted the previous firmware update from my PC and installed the new one. Followed the instructions and it will not find my Unknown Device. I tried three different cables, including the one I used last time. I will just wait for the next one. 

Try different USB ports 2.0 and 3.0

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RevEng said:

This one works for me. Did you go down to the "start game" item in the menu first? It doesn't just start with a button press from the default menu position. 

I didn’t- I’ll try that tonight thanks

9 hours ago, jnagy13 said:

This video is a good guide to update.

Actual process starts at 2:38

Edited by Ben from Plaion
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, jnagy13 said:

On device manager it may come up as evercade, if you have updated an evercade on your PC. I had to right click on the evercade driver and choose update driver. It's fine now displays as rockchip device. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Much appreciated. I am sure it is user error on my part. I will tinker with it when I have time and patience. Thanks so much for your assistance. 

Oh, wow! The update now made my copy of Stargate (PAL) work as well! 👍

Seems like there must be different PAL Versions around. Some people reported it working under previous versions, but mine never did run before!

I am a happy camper now!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I got it to work! I can now play Robot Tank!!! Awesome! I will check on other games that did not work for me previously when I can. THanks again for the assistance and direction. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Just out of interest what did you do differently to get it to work?

To be blunt, I pulled my head out of my a$$. I kept trying to do everything over, and deleting everything. All I needed to do was download the new firmware to the folder I had the old one it, and skip the step to find the device and simply go to the last step to update with the new firmware and it worked. Once I turned the unit back on, the new update version was there.  I could not play Robot Tank prior to the update, now I can. 

• Like 1

I just updated my 2600+ and started testing! Thanks for the help in this thread. I had to use my secondary PC as my primary would not recognize the 2600+ as a device for the second part of the update. The Dumper worked fine but after that nothing worked, even after changing USB ports. But all is good now and Circus Convoy works! :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kal said:

I finally got scramble to work after lots of taking the cartridge out and putting it back in shenanigans

probably needs to be cleaned get a can of deoxit and shoot a small stream of it into the cartridge and take a qtip and swish it around in there if you dont have deoxit use isopropyl and a qtip

• Like 1