IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

58 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Continuing with homebrews, I played the hidden OG version of Asteroids on the Asteroids Deluxe cart and quite a bit of Pac-Man 40th Anniversary. 

IMG_3903.jpeg

IMG_3908.jpeg

IMG_3899.jpeg

IMG_3901.jpeg

That is a very cool Controller you use for Asteroids🤙

How to trigger the hidden game in Asteroids?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

That is a very cool Controller you use for Asteroids🤙

Thank you. It’s a Starplex Controller. The only way to play Asteroids. 

8 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

How to trigger the hidden game in Asteroids?

If using an original 7800 console, hold down the pause button while starting up the game. 
If using the 2600+, do the following,  

right after the game starts (literally within a few seconds)

Hold both buttons + Right at the same time (hold this for 3 seconds and release)

It will then reset and start the game as though you were holding down the pause button. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

Thank you. It’s a Starplex Controller. The only way to play Asteroids. 

If using an original 7800 console, hold down the pause button while starting up the game. 
If using the 2600+, do the following,  

right after the game starts (literally within a few seconds)

Hold both buttons + Right at the same time (hold this for 3 seconds and release)

It will then reset and start the game as though you were holding down the pause button. 

Many thanks, will try it later today 🤙

• Like 1

Been playing robotron 2084 for the first time...Yeh, I can see why I need a twin-stick controller

The thing is you have two fire buttons: I wish they'd made button A shoot in the direction you're moving... and button B shoot behind you in the opposite direction.

It would've made it a lot more 'single joystick' friendly.

Today I received 7800 Centipede in the mail.  I gave it a quick play during my lunch break.  It plays and looks great!

Picture1.jpg

• Like 5

On 2/20/2024 at 9:01 AM, sramirez2008 said:

Yes! This is the closest to the arcade of any home console version. There are several threads about the game on AtariAge. 

I bought the arcade archive version on Switch for $8. Bet it don't beat that? I enjoy it in TATE mode.

10 hours ago, swiller said:

How does Mean 18 golf hold up? I have been eyeing that one.

I own Mean 18 on the Atari ST and the 7800 version holds up really well compared to the 16-bit versions on the ST and Amiga. The control and graphics are solid and the golfers swing animation is great. The only draw back compared to the computer versions is they have four courses, while the 7800 only has one course (Pebble Beach).  The 7800 version also doesn't have the driving range and the putting grean to practice.  The club house screen where you input your name and select what course you want to play on or just practice is also missing on the 7800 version. The course builder is also absent on the 7800 version.  Overall though, it's a solid 8-bit golf game and a fun 7800 game. 

• Like 2