IGNORED

Who wants to help build the elusive PAL rarity list then?

Spirantho

I see you have the Qb Xmas special cart listed as a 9 for PAL. Any idea how many of the ones made (it was about 180 odd wasn't it?!) were in PAL then for it to warrant this rating?

To be honest I have no idea how to rate it - but it's going to be bloomin' hard to get hold of if you haven't already.

I just like having another '9'. :)

I've updated the rarity list a little. :)

We now have a button which lists all the carts which don't have pictures! Ain't that useful?

941723[/snapback]

Nice feature, thanks! Only the sorting by name seems to have some slight difficulties. Are there carts in the DB with leading spaces perhaps?

Geert

Why is there a Spectravideo & a Spectravision listed? All the carts have Spectravideo on them. How do you know which is which if they all say Spectravideo on cart?

These games exist with Spectravision and Spectravideo label:

The Challenge of.... Nexar

China Syndrome

Cross Force

Gangster Alley

Planet Patrol

All the others exist only with Spectravideo label.

8)

Why is there a Spectravideo & a Spectravision listed? All the carts have Spectravideo on them. How do you know which is which if they all say Spectravideo on cart?

China Syndrome

Cross Force

Gangster Alley

Planet Patrol

All the others exist only with Spectravideo label.

8)

942756[/snapback]

I only clicked on a couple of them, Bumper Bash & Cross Force are both listed as Spectravision, but the cart scans say Spectravideo I see now all the others were correct.

The Challenge of.... Nexar is only listed as Spectravideo

Tape Worm is listed & pictured under both.

Mangia is also listed under Spectravision but no picture exists yet. I wonder if this really does exist? All copies I have seen have been of the Spectravideo label.

I only clicked on a couple of them, Bumper Bash & Cross Force are both listed as Spectravision, but the cart scans say Spectravideo I see now all the others were correct.

Hey, you're right! Can someone upload proper pictures, please? I've flagged those entries as not having pictures for now, but if someone has them...

Mangia is also listed under Spectravision but no picture exists yet. I wonder if this really does exist? All copies I have seen have been of the Spectravideo label.

You'd best ask Raymond about that...

Interesting point though:

Master Builder and Cross Fire are called Super-Baumeister and Kreuzfeuer in German. It seems they exist labeled that only with Spectravision. However, I have in front of me both of those titles CIB, Spectravideo - except despite the box having the German names, both the carts have English labels!

So they presumably exist with German label, German box in Spectravision flavour, and English label, German box with Spectravideo.

Useless bit of information, but interesting nonetheless....

942790[/snapback]

Unfortunately i can't check since my carts in are in storage really, really far away. But according to the info, DeV0 seems to own both a Spectravideo and Spectravision Mangia :)

Cheers,

Raymond

China Syndrome

Cross Force

Gangster Alley

Planet Patrol

Sorry, I forgot to mention Tape Worm.

Unfortunately i can't check since my carts in are in storage really, really far away. But according to the info, DeV0 seems to own both a Spectravideo and Spectravision Mangia :)

I don't think a Spectravision Mangia' (or Bumper Bash) exists.

But please proof me wrong and show me a scan.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Nice feature, thanks! Only the sorting by name seems to have some slight difficulties. Are there carts in the DB with leading spaces perhaps?

Hmm... can you be a little more specific? An example?

942764[/snapback]

Sure:

I log in to the main maintenance screen, the listbox next to button "Carts missing a label ?" has "name" selected. I hit the button, half expecting a list of carts sorted by name. The first 5 items are:

- Boxing

- Yars' Revenge

- Vanguard

- Adventures on GX-12

- Armor Ambush

in that order..

Now either:

1. my browser handles the JavaScript form incorrectly, or messes up the POST or GET form variables

2. or the sortation is not correct

3. or I have to play Alpha Beam with Ernie some more ;)

The sortation on rarity is off also, missed that yesterday.

Geert

Sure:

I log in to the main maintenance screen, the listbox next to button "Carts missing a label ?" has "name" selected. I hit the button, half expecting a list of carts sorted by name. The first 5 items are:

- Boxing

- Yars' Revenge

- Vanguard

- Adventures on GX-12

- Armor Ambush

in that order..

/quote]

Ah... you - er... - spotted my hidden flaw. Just making sure you were paying attention. Gold Star.

I missed out a %s in the SELECT string. Oops. Fixed now.

Hey, you're right! Can someone upload proper pictures, please? I've flagged those entries as not having pictures for now, but if someone has them...

Interesting point though:

Master Builder and Cross Fire are called Super-Baumeister and Kreuzfeuer in German. It seems they exist labeled that only with Spectravision. However, I have in front of me both of those titles CIB, Spectravideo - except despite the box having the German names, both the carts have English labels!

So they presumably exist with German label, German box in Spectravision flavour, and English label, German box with Spectravideo.

Useless bit of information, but interesting nonetheless....

942790[/snapback]

Out of curiosity Spirantho, how common are those german boxes?

Out of curiosity Spirantho, how common are those german boxes?

A good question....

I don't really know but I don't see them very often. Maybe someone in Germany can enlighten us!

Should you be interested they're gold in colour, not silver... so they're quite distinctive.

Here are all known Quelle distributed Spectravision - Spectravideo games:

Kreuzfeuer (AKA Cross Force) (413.223 9):

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...VERSION_ID=8574

Gangster Ruine (AKA Gangster Alley) (412.783 3):

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...VERSION_ID=8575

Piraten Schiff (AKA Gas Hog) (413.723 8 ):

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...VERSION_ID=8573

Super Baumeister (AKA Master Builder) (413.582 8 ):

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...VERSION_ID=8117

Planeten Patrouilie (AKA Planet Patrol) (412.851 8 ):

post-6203-1129026607_thumb.jpg

Spirantho,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that there are German labeled Spectravision - Spectravideo carts?

AFAIK these German boxes only contained English labeled carts.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Does the German boxes actually say Spectravision anywhere on them? I'm wondering why they are not just listed under Spectravideo if all the carts inside them say Spectravideo?

There was a boxed Piraten Schiff on ebay a few weeks back also. I didn't even realize the box was gold though, I thought it was still a silver.

• 3 weeks later...
Added my auctions to Ebay.  I am not sure if you have have these variations yet in your database.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8229868644

For the benefit of those reading this in a few months time or more when eBay will have deleted the auctions (Hi! Future me! Hope things are just peachy! :) ), the two auctions he's listed are Subterranea and Galaxy Defender.

The Subterranea is the usual label it only exists PAL with a white label AFAIK (and it's the version I own to be sure!). As for the other, it's mentioned in another thread somewhere, but yes it is quite scarce!

Ta for the heads-up and well done on such a subtle plug for your auctions. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A thought on Spectra-thingy carts....

Someone mentioned over in the '2600 forum a Bumper Bash and I looked on the guide and saw it was a 7 - which it definitely isn't!

I've taken it down to 5 as it comes up a heck of a lot (particularly in Australia) and Mangia was a 9 (which it no way is) so I've taken that down to 8, though I think it should be a 7.

So, what are people's opinions? What rarity should we give to these two carts? I'd be happiest with 5 and 7, but I could cope with 8. Definitely not 9 though.

Remember, a rarity 8 should be as rare as an NTSC Guardian or something, and Mangia comes up quite frequently down under.