IGNORED

Who wants to help build the elusive PAL rarity list then?

Spirantho

My Custers has a "P" on the label too and I bought it in Australia so I'm pretty sure its PAL. I've only tested it on my "games only" TV which is conveniently multi-format! I'll set up a 2600 in the lounge over Christmas and test it out on my PAL only TV.

As raymond pointed out, i also have a Burning Desire thats been tested and is PAL. I'll post pictures over Christmas. Marco knows a lot more about these games. He stated that they appear more frequently in OZ. However I have seen E-bay auctions in Eurpoe for PAL Mystique games and I remember one for a shrinkwrapped Mystique game that also came in the original cardboard outer box (i.e. the box that holds the 6 game boxes). So my feeling is that there is a stash of these floating around in a warehouse in Europe somewhere and these games will eventually turn out to not be that rare (much the same as Ikari and Motorodeo in NTSC).

The only other auction i've seen was for a shrinkwrapped Playaround double-ender (but that was maybe 6 months ago). I have not seen any other adult titles on eBay. I agree with you that there are probably more, since my copy came shrinkwrapped, but i wonder how many are out there. My guess is not many since they are still very hard to find...

The shrinkwrapped game I saw was a single ender - Beat 'em and Eat'em. So that makes 3 different games that have been found shinkwrapped. I also believe Marco has each of these shrinkwrapped, but he can confirm this himself. I agree that these are "unbelievably rare" at the moment, but i have no doubt that a whole stash of these will be found in the future, like Motorodeo, but of course this is just my gut feel.

Since Marco found all of these in Australia, i think that is the only place where PAL Mystique games were released. I am not aware of any of those being available in Europe but please correct me if i'm wrong :)

Also i contacted the seller of that Custer's Revenge and he says it comes from his personal collection that he was selling and that it was his only copy...

Bachelorette Party

Burning Desire

Cathouse Blues

Gigolo

Jungle Fever

from Mystique?

I thought these were PlayAround only.

8)

986589[/snapback]

No, the single enders are all Mystique. the double enders are Playaround. There's some info on the Mystique/Playaround connection on the NTSC rarity guide. Apparently the company started as Mystique and the games were released as single enders first and then later the company became Playaround (or Mystique sold the rights to Playaround) and Playaround released the games as double enders.

The sealed Beat-em i saw on e-bay was in europe. As it was about 9 months ago i cant remember which country it was in, but it was sold with the outer box. therefore, there must be more of these floating around in Europe. If they were only sold in Austrlaia, then they are likely to be very rare as the market in Austrlaia is quite small (population 15m in the 1980s) and these would not have sold in large quantities.

The sealed Beat-em i saw on e-bay was in europe. As it was about 9 months ago i cant remember which country it was in, but it was sold with the outer box.  therefore, there must be more of these floating around in Europe.

986861[/snapback]

But it is very likely that those copies were imported from Australia by collectors. AFAIK these haven't been released Europe...

No, the single enders are all Mystique. the double enders are Playaround.  There's some info on the Mystique/Playaround connection on the NTSC rarity guide. Apparently the company started as Mystique and the games were released as single enders first and then later the company became Playaround (or Mystique sold the rights to Playaround) and Playaround released the games as double enders.

The sealed Beat-em i saw on e-bay was in europe. As it was about 9 months ago i cant remember which country it was in, but it was sold with the outer box.  therefore, there must be more of these floating around in Europe.  If they were only sold in Austrlaia, then they are likely to be very rare as the market in Austrlaia is quite small (population 15m in the 1980s) and these would not have sold in large quantities.

I learn every day.

Thanks for the info.

Could this mean that there are also more NTSC Mystique single-enders, besides Bachelor Party, Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em and Custer's Revenge?

8)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so ive unfortunately vanished off the planet for a while now. How are we all going with this list? Do we have an official site yet? I know i should read through the entire thread but i feel pretty dodgy. Anyway, an updated list would be good, just in case i have more to ad.

Bachelorette Party

Burning Desire

Cathouse Blues

Gigolo

Jungle Fever

from Mystique?

I thought these were PlayAround only.

8)

986589[/snapback]

No, the single enders are all Mystique. the double enders are Playaround. There's some info on the Mystique/Playaround connection on the NTSC rarity guide. Apparently the company started as Mystique and the games were released as single enders first and then later the company became Playaround (or Mystique sold the rights to Playaround) and Playaround released the games as double enders.

The sealed Beat-em i saw on e-bay was in europe. As it was about 9 months ago i cant remember which country it was in, but it was sold with the outer box. therefore, there must be more of these floating around in Europe. If they were only sold in Austrlaia, then they are likely to be very rare as the market in Austrlaia is quite small (population 15m in the 1980s) and these would not have sold in large quantities.

986861[/snapback]

The Beat-em you are refering to was sold from Berlin, Germany end of may 2005 (same seller Yok got his custer revenge from, I guess).

post-6976-1136844150_thumb.jpg

Edited by staberinde

Hi guys, hope you all had a great Christmas/New year!

Re our discussion on the Playaround games, just to complicate things, my Custer's revenge (which has a "P" on the main label and end label) just like raymond's rolls on my PAL only TV!! It seems strange given the NTSC versions that are abundant in the US do not have the "P" on the labels. Clearly mine was intended to contain a PAL game but had an NTSC version erroneously installed. The label does not appear to have been tampered with and from memory, the colours don't look to be out .... I have e-mailed the seller to see where they got the cart and i'll let you guys know.

I'll also post pics of the burning desire cart soon.

Cheers

Costas

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, what's this:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ATARI-2600-Modul-Titel-...1QQcmdZViewItem

A 32-in-1 cart WITH an endlabel? Could it be home made?

1002995[/snapback]

Think its homemade. Have seen another one recently selling a 32 in 1 with a separate end label to be attached to the card. Looked pretty much homemade.

By the way, who of you guys is editing the database, there are still some entries missing  and some scans to be added I could help with??

997086[/snapback]

Just post your info here and it will be added it to the database.

997412[/snapback]

Let's start with

Commavid:

Cosmic swarm

German Title: Angriff der Termiten

Goliath text:

Astrowar

Space Tunnel

Goliath/T-Handle

Spider Kong

Goliath/Hot Shot?

Pac Kong

• 2 weeks later...
Since Marco found all of these in Australia, i think that is the only place where PAL Mystique games were released. I am not aware of any of those being available in Europe but please correct me if i'm wrong :)

Also i contacted the seller of that Custer's Revenge and he says it comes from his personal collection that he was selling and that it was his only copy...

986559[/snapback]

Hi it's a long time ago since my last post here:but i can help wiht this:

When i was a kid i remember to have seen all single enders and double enders in my usual video games store...and as you may know France is secam country and pal is ok on our television!

I remember because my mother was laughing the first time she saw these games in this shop and she told me that it was not for me or for later!

I think the distributor in France for these games (including also xman) was RCA or a company called MCC based in Monaco (who distribute supercharger and commavid games also).

I hope it could help i remember all these details because i went to this store one or twice a week and the guys gave me a lot of stickers and stuffs!