IGNORED

Who wants to help build the elusive PAL rarity list then?

Spirantho

• 1 month later...
Found maybe something interesting yesterday.

A red label MARIO BROS. in an Activision-case. The cart does not look to be homemade or a repro. Have anyone seen this before :?

post-2885-1145028612_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1145028648_thumb.jpg

Happy Easter! to all ATARI-collectors, even if they collect NTSC games :D

Maybe it's me, but isn't this the same one as we have in the PAL DB :?

http://axtelius.se/palimages/194.jpg

Yep, you are right. It is the same one, which is listed in the PAL-Database. I have not seen it.

But in all my years collectiong ATARI-stuff, this was the first ATARI-cart in such case.

This is a "normal" ATARI Mario Bros. red label:

post-2885-1145385943_thumb.jpg

Aha, yes I see. That one certainly looks familiar ;)

Maybe this one needs to be added as a variation (help me out pro's!)

Wouldn't know a thing about the rarity, but since it's already listed and you have a copy, I guess a 10 is off ;)

Thoughts anyone??

• 3 weeks later...
That cart is the HES release of Mario, I have a copy and thought it was a pirate. It seems harder to get then the regular cart

I have one too :)

I'd wager that it was a pirate. seems odd that HES would only sell 1 Atari game.

Unless there are others I don't know of :ponder:

Makes sense to me, actually.

Atari didn't distribute the games themselves in the southern hemisphere, so it's quite likely they didn't make them either. And if that's the case it's quite likely HES, or whoever, would use whatever carts they had left if they had spare.

Compare them to the Monaco releases in NZ - they were clearly printed by Monaco, not Atari. Not a great stretch of imagination to think the carts were made by the distributors too then.

I find it very unlikely they're pirates.... but of course I could be wrong. :)

But do you know for sure HES weren't distributing Atari and Activision games at the same time? They'd still be using official Atari labels, quite likely, but using their own cart cases.

So not a HES release, but a HES made/distributed Atari release, I think.

But do you know for sure HES weren't distributing Atari and Activision games at the same time? They'd still be using official Atari labels, quite likely, but using their own cart cases.

So not a HES release, but a HES made/distributed Atari release, I think.

Interesting thought.

I honestly don't know, Spirantho.

Are there other cases like this (an Activision label on an Atari cart)?

8)

8)

There are cases of Activision lables on Atari carts.

I had a Pitfall in an Atari cart.

eprom on the board

(and if anyone says its uber rare I'll kill myself 'cause I ripped the lable off to open it)

But this is the only Atari on activision I'v seen. Anyone game to open one ;)

eprom on the board

(and if anyone says its uber rare I'll kill myself 'cause I ripped the lable off to open it)

Certainly backs up my theory, I reckon.... :)

8)

eprom on the board

But this is the only Atari on activision I'v seen. Anyone game to open one ;)

Thousands of Atari carts run through my hands.... and please believe me, it was the first ATART cart in an ACTIVISION-cover. So it must be very rare :D

Just received a Funvision square cart today of Space War. I will test it and post pics soon. I remember someone posting a picture of a Funvision square cart before. Does anyone recall the name of the game?

Here is the photo from the e-bay auction:

post-7232-1148281093_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dino

• 2 weeks later...
Yes its PAL. Also there is a small "P" on endlabel, but you hardly cant see it cause of my worse picture

The Funvision cart is "space war" and is really just Vulture Attack. the end label is exactly the same font as the "time warp" label on the Funvision cart in the PAL database (i.e. orange writing on a black label).

I've never seen this particular funvision label in the square cart and not called "space war". There may be a whole lot of funvision carts out there under a variety of names. The only one in the PAL database last time I looked with the orange on black label was the time warp cart and thats on a T handled cart.

@ Romhunter:

The game endlabel on my cartridge says " Home run" and not "Home rum" and its white, not red and has the "*P" as does Rudi's. It is a frogger pirate, as Rudi said.

@ Rudi:

My deepest apologies for not getting back to you yet. I'll get photos to you in the next couple of days.

The Funvision cart is "space war" and is really just Vulture Attack. the end label is exactly the same font as the "time warp" label on the Funvision cart in the PAL database (i.e. orange writing on a black label).

I've never seen this particular funvision label in the square cart and not called "space war". There may be a whole lot of funvision carts out there under a variety of names. The only one in the PAL database last time I looked with the orange on black label was the time warp cart and thats on a T handled cart.

Could you scan it for me, please?

I'm very curious.

BTW: this kind of sticker is also on the back of this Funvision box:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...VERSION_ID=8093

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter