IGNORED

Crazy Climber & Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Pitfall Harry

Good detective work gang! I *knew* the "scorpion's tail* had something to do with it, but I couldn't figure out which scorpion Harry was referring to. (Since recondite means "obscure", I was *certain* that it was the scorpion on the 1st Tutankham map. Silly me.)

Here's what Thomas got for us:

quote:

going right: ZEFUWNT2WINTHPRIZE

going left: THFRAMESUMSCRTNI

Toss the "ZE to the end (it's one big letter-loop) and you get:

FUWNT2WINTHPRIZETHFRAMESUMSCRTNIZE

-or-

"If you want to win the prize, the frames you (must/may) scrutinize."

So, who can freeze and examine the frames from other animated gifs on the site? (Especially the ones on the front page.)

Harry, I love the "Hidden Contests" in GAMES magazine, so thanks for this fun challenge!

Matty, first you said you found it and posted a long message that appeared to be the "You won" message. Then you editted it and said you found it, but removed the info you found. Now your message says you can't say anything. What gives? If you won, great! Just let us know how you did it! No need to get secretive all of a sudden.

I have not won, but I am one step in front of you. Sorry, can't tell more in the moment. But its all on the Pitfall Map Site from Pitfall Harry with the scorpion.

I wish I can say more, but I can't sorry @ all. Just search on this site:

Pitfall Game Map and Solution

I have found it with the text:

See if you want to win the prize

The Frames You Must See Are Tiny

That all I have need. So I think someone will find it too.

quote:

Originally posted by scooterb23:

I've been scouring everything on that site for 3 days now...and I've not seen anything past the letters in the scorpion's tail, the crypt clue Thomas was talking about, and the word clue in that other map. I'd love to know where all these 1-4 with 6s and "easy clues" and eveything else you people are talking about are coming from.

Me too. I'm still searching for tiny frames. The rest of the contest sounds very interesting, but if I don't find them, I have no chance.

Anybody who wants to give me a clue this time?

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Jentzsch:

Me too. I'm still searching for tiny frames. The rest of the contest sounds very interesting, but if I don't find them, I have no chance.

Anybody who wants to give me a clue this time?

Search more for a very Tiny Frame. Thats all I can tell. Maybe its so tiny that you must watch it bigger.

I hope that help maybe.

PS: I have found no 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s and 6s. But I found many other interesting things.

[ 05-15-2002: Message edited by: MattyXB ]

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

Search more for a very Tiny Frame. Thats all I can tell. Maybe its so tiny that you must watch it bigger.

I hope that help maybe.

On this Pitfall Map page, really???

I have

- zoomed that page 1000%, nothing!

- searched the HTML code, no browser frames or hidden images inside, nothing!

- anaylized the GIFs (Harry's GIF has 7 identical frames, weird), nothing!

- looked into the binary data of all Images, nothing!

I have absolutely NO idea what I might have missed. I'm getting

quote:

Originally posted by twit:

And according to some clues it is "...is easy to do"

"Roses are red, Violets are blue" my butt.

Wow, I have think at the first time that these are letters. Now I have see it too.

PS: On the other picture are too something what looks like letters? But they are smaller.

Ok, I found the "tiny frames" on the map page; but I also found "things" in quite a few other spots on the same page, but with my monitor's limitations, I can't make them out. I have a very good graphics program but with a crappy monitor, it makes it very difficult.

quote:

I'm working on it.

I try it since days. The other have I found out today with the roses and violets. But after more try I think the other means nothing. I see most something like Oo !! X. Or is this too a text???

Can't read it in the moment, maybe you must solve this riddle by an other way.

I did save it. I have a great graphics program called Visio Technical, but the monitor was made in the year of the first flood and because of that, it's not too clear. Even the normal size map isn't that crisp and clear. I had no problem finding the hidden stuff last night on my home computer. So, I came up with the following: the government buys crap and that's what I get for trying to solve mysteries at work instead of working.

quote:

BTW: Anybody found a way to use the key?

Wow, I think I was the only one, who find the key. But I don't know what to do with that too.

And I have think too about the "morse code" or maybe "binary code". I have try to make numbers for that. I think more, that this is binary code. Morse code has only maximale 3 things, but sometimes there are more I think. I think it is Binary Code like

1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128.

PS: Someone else found too the numbers with the big "?" ? I think they have something to do with the screens, but found nothing yet. Only that the screens sometimes are diffrent.

I think I have deciphered the second text, but it doesn't make much sense to me. My English isn't good enough, I think I should team up with some native speaker. Any volunteers? (I'm not very interested in the prizes)

It's a short poem about the nature of "points".

Hint: Why do you think the text is horizontally split?