IGNORED

Crazy Climber & Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Pitfall Harry

I use only paint, and can see many things good. But the second text I can't read. Is me to small. Maybe something is get lost as I save the map as BMP?

And I have no idea about anything I find.

Key, Numbers, Binary Code, Screenframes, Poems, and Text. I find it, but can't do anything with it.

That contest is to hard for me I think. I am happy, that I found the first riddle. But that all harder then anything.

But it was and is a very funny contest at all. Now I see how much you can read in the map, what noone see at the first time.

I may have found a very odd "box" code, but damned if I know what it means. I also found some more "numeric" codes maybe, and I may have overlooked part of another due to bad eyes and/or little contrast in the image...

But I'm still a bit stumped at the moment...

quote:

Originally posted by Russ Perry Jr:

I may have found a very odd "box" code, but damned if I know what it means. I also found some more "numeric" codes maybe, and I may have overlooked part of another due to bad eyes and/or little contrast in the image...

Does your box code look like this?

code:

XXXXXXXXXX XXX...

X OO OX X O

XXXXXXXXXX XXX...

Contrast was the key to 8 hidden things I found

One is the contest text, and then there should be 3 questions and probably some hints to find the questions.

That is NOT the box code I refer to, though I found that one before anything else (that's why the 1-4 & 6) references above.

Okay, so far, I've found what appears to be a question in Braille, though it doesn't quite make sense. I've found the boxes you speak of, and am assuming that it's Morse Code (barring that, ASCII), but I can't get the contrast such that I can read it. I did find the text with the URLs/details. I found this "box code" but have no clue how to decipher it, though it reminds me -- a little -- of a code I knew when I was a young'n. No sign of "crypt" or a key or any hints so far.

I can not read it either but i know there is some words. the code can not be braille since braille is based on a 6 dot box and not on dot and dash, that is mores but like i said i could not come up with anything in morse so it must be something else.

That's the thing; the Braille I found doesn't sound right...

What I thought was Morse Code I'm now thinking isn't; not sure it's ASCII either. So looks like I might be stumped again there.

No clue on the box code...

No clue about the treetops...

quote:

Originally posted by Russ Perry Jr:

Okay, so far, I've found what appears to be a question in Braille, though it doesn't quite make sense.

I have deciphered that too, and thought my English was the problem. Good to hear that you can not understand it too.

I've found the boxes you speak of, and am assuming that it's Morse Code (barring that, ASCII), but I can't get the contrast such that I can read it.

Have you tried editing the palette?

No sign of "crypt" or a key or any hints so far.[/QB]

The "crypt" is (was?) hidden somewhere else. The tip I gave above should help with the key too.

quote:

Originally posted by twit:

Resorting this poem

is easy to do

Roses are red

Violets are blue

Yup, that's what I got too. But how do you have to resort the poem?

Might be easier for native English speakers.

quote:

The 7 frame Pitfall Harry animated gif says
GREYINK,
possibly refering to that strange set of grey 2 and 3 digit numbers.

I think that is a general hint, because most things where hidden by grey colors.

quote:

I figured I'd help out a bit, since I know there's no way I can figure it all out alone.

Exactly what I thought too.

quote:

Originally posted by Iguana:

I still do not see those x+o boxes you are posting on this page??? where are they? i see everything else.

Check the frames again, or if you found any boxes, check the palette entries of the pixels they are made of.

BTW: Can somebody tell me the exact word behind BRAILLE and before A?

[ 05-15-2002: Message edited by: Thomas Jentzsch ]

I will have to conceed complete defeat at this point... I have no idea where alot of this stuff is.. (I have quite a bit.. but it doesnt add up..)

But I am REAL curious on what the solution is.. and how this is all worked out.. so i may still play with it here..

quote:

Originally posted by Iguana:

Where does it say braille? I just retranslated the braille and it still does not make sence. i have 7 of the words but the l shaped word i have a problem with???

There are only 7 words written in Braille. You mean L shaped right? That's turner for me.

And the font for the sentence with Braille is the largest (but most unreadable) font of all.

I'm stumped. I use a program to look at close objects and animation frames and I still can't find anything. Can Pitfall Harry give us a clue to think of next or something. Plus, above the manual looking picture of Pitfall Harry swinging on the vine on the Pitfall map page, there seems to be some x's and t's.

I don't know if someone already found it. But here what I found at this moment.

The Harry Pitfall.gif in the maproom has a G on his T-Shirt.

OK, now I have found the post about this. This is an animated gif. I have not see it, because only the letter changes. I have no programm to watch gif's in every move. So I have try to make screenshots, but then I have only one color in the T-Shirt.

I have look on other Pitfalls (micropitfall.gif and BigHarry.gif) and found nothing.

[ 05-15-2002: Message edited by: MattyXB ]

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

I don't know if someone already found it. But here what I found at this moment.

The Harry Pitfall.gif in the maproom has a
G
on his T-Shirt.

I have look on other Pitfalls (micropitfall.gif and BigHarry.gif) and found nothing.

That's the first letter of GREYINK as somebody mentioned before.