IGNORED

7800 Piggyback Expansion Module comes to life!

Curt Vendel

So time is tight, but trying to pull this all together - just saw a sneak preview of one of the new enhancement games and after I picked my jaw up - WOW I think everyone is gonna be VERY VERY happy, its a must need game for the 7800!

Curt

Oh man, what a tease! :lol:

Any information on what the new bank switching modes will look like?

There is some technical information in the other expansion module thread. However its quite old. Technical documentation will be released along with working code examples and demos towards the end of the project.

Okay, just drove back from North East CT. this morning...

Finished giving the sample plastic a simple satin coat, I need to clean it up a bit tomorrow, some fine sanding and cloth wipe it down to get more of the shine off of it and then place a temporary breadboard into it and ports, screw it together firmly so its ready for showing at CGE next week...

post-23-128007459878_thumb.jpg

post-23-128007461175_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Finished giving the sample plastic a simple satin coat, I need to clean it up a bit tomorrow, some fine sanding and cloth wipe it down to get more of the shine off of it and then place a temporary breadboard into it and ports, screw it together firmly so its ready for showing at CGE next week...

WOW! That looks great! That has to be one of the best add-ons I have ever seen. It matches so well that it looks as if it should have been there the whole time. Looks like I need to dust off my 7800. :D

Edited by pboland

That is because I went off of a set of drawings I bought from Tom Palecki - an Atari Industrial Engineer who designed what was going to initially be a computer add-on moudle for the 7800 back in April 1984 , so I put that into Solidworks and had an SLA made in ABS from the .stl files generated from Solidworks...

I'm trying to stay true to form in the design. I'm going to make a case design for Opcode for his expansion module for the Colecovision that will also stay true to the original look and feel as well.

WOW! That looks great! That has to be one of the best add-ons I have ever seen. It matches so well that it looks as if it should have been there the whole time. Looks like I need to dust off my 7800. :D

Edited by Curt Vendel

When will they announce a list of games for the expansion, I hope they do some arcade games like Tempest and some side scrollers/platformers/action/adventure.Would love to see a side scrolling shooter like contra on the system and also maybe a shooter like R-type. That would be awesome. Can not wait for it to come out. Hopefully it is more around Christmas as that is when I will have the money. It will be nice to see what the system can do with the parts Atari Had probably originally planed for it before Jack took-over. Like the Pokey chip, though I really do not think they would have put the arcade sound chip in the system. Good job so far.