IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

look at how these auctions turned out! 🤩 Have any of you taken one of the 2 games?

Screenshot_20230522_101425_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230522_101409_eBay.jpg

I tried to make an offer too, but I didn't think they would come that high in price! Can anyone tell me more about these cassette productions?

Edited by Serafini Lapo
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 5:35 AM, Serafini Lapo said:

look at how these auctions turned out! 🤩 Have any of you taken one of the 2 games?

Screenshot_20230522_101425_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230522_101409_eBay.jpg

I tried to make an offer too, but I didn't think they would come that high in price! Can anyone tell me more about these cassette productions?

I wanted to wait till I got them and tested them to say anything, but I grabbed these.  I was also hoping they wouldn't go for that much!  But I have never seen either game, or anything from that game company before, so I decided to go for it.

I've only had time to confirm that both games work.  Crystal Sweep is a fun little strategy type game that lacks a 1-player option but is a fairly clever puzzler with some elements of Snake and Othello going on.  Dragon Combat is one of those attempts at a TI BASIC platformer, which is only gonna ever be so good, but it seems like a pretty clever execution of the concept.  I'll upload both later if they're not already in the Gamebase or elsewhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Nice set of DBTs you got there!

Thank you!

I've been collecting them probably since high school.  I finally got ahold of the Stargazer I/II/III combo cart (I traded another DBT game, Dragonflyer, for it.)  I have most of the John Phillips carts that I had his source code for (I'm the one responsible for getting that out into the community long time ago), and Stargazer I/II/III completes it.  (It's a 32K CRU based cart with a PAL for bank switching, like SuperSpace or TI Workshop.)  

I have another drawer of carts with more DBT carts above that drawer, but nowadays, most of my usage is via the FinalGROM, so I rarely take them out.

• Like 2

Good morning everyone, these are my last Ti purchases on Ebay. For almost a year I had bought the Texas recorder, but without owning any tapes..😔 I finally found these and I think I will enjoy them. Has anyone tried the basic course? I hope to find some interesting things in the other 2 tapes🤞🏻 I'm dying to type "Old cs1"..😁

Screenshot_20230603_115730_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.d613f57161aa3afffbfb73764596c250.jpg

• Like 7

image.thumb.png.3c92e41fa92682b834dd7f52d5567b0f.png

Look at this beauty.

Texas Instruments MC 390 P

The seller spent time testing and characterizing this camera!  (for lack of a manual). 

Here's another one in box.

Bell Labs researchers, Willard Boyle and George Smith, invented charge-coupled devices, or CCD, in 1969.  The idea is an array of cells, which charge up from incident photons. Then the device operates as a shift register.  Stored charges are read out one by one, as they are shifted toward one end. (Parallel in, serial out.) 

Curiously, they initially called it "Charge 'Bubble' Devices" because it operated like magnetic bubble memory.  Bubble memory was a non-volatile magnetic RAM,  operating as a serial-in, serial out shift register.  Not so great as a memory, perfect as a camera sensor.

After licensing the CCD invention from Bell, TI built up a profitable and fascinating business.   (More profitable than bubble memory!)

• Like 3

On 5/17/2023 at 9:54 PM, OLD CS1 said:

AI is stupid.

Spent 2 weeks arguing with the ESPN (actually, the Canadian variant, TSN) AI customer service.

Now you would think that when you use AI for customer service, that you would monitor the conversation and kick in with a human rep when things go south, but no they let me cancel my account rather than assist me.

Wouldn't have pissed me off so much if it didn't keep writing to me about my issues watching hockey, when I was asking about trouble accessing Lacrosse games (congratulation Buffalo Bandits!!).

AI isn't only stupid, it's being implemented by everyone to help ignore customers. And I'm really beginning to miss stupid people.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, PeBo said:

AI isn't only stupid, it's being implemented by everyone to help ignore customers. And I'm really beginning to miss stupid people.

This.  One of our local Walmarts is almost entirely self check-out.  I did some reading and crunched some numbers, and found that it is costing Walmart more to develop and run these self check-out registers than to have people on registers.  Walmart is spending a considerable amount of money to develop AI for these registers -- which is actually pretty good --  with the end result not being anything about customer service, but for a marketable product or service.  They want to license the AI, sell it as a service, or sell the AI registers as a product.  They do not care about customer service.  Get your shit, swipe it across the table, pay us, and get the hell out of our store so customer number 38912 can swipe their stuff, pay us, and get the hell out of the way of customer 38916.  What I think about that is a topic for longer discussion.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Get your shit, swipe it across the table, pay us, and get the hell out of our store so customer number 38912 can swipe their stuff, pay us, and get the hell out of the way of customer 38916. 

Alas, customer 38912 skipped "pay us" and walked out with 400 dollars worth of Cheetos. Looks like the store manager won't meet sales goals this week.

28 minutes ago, JB said:

Alas, customer 38912 skipped "pay us" and walked out with 400 dollars worth of Cheetos. Looks like the store manager won't meet sales goals this week.

But, customer 38913 paid $401.79 for a bag of Cheetos. The manager was praised for breaking even that day.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Duewester said:

But, customer 38913 paid $401.79 for a bag of Cheetos. The manager was praised for breaking even that day.

That's why you need to actually look at the screen to make sure no spurious crap is mixed in there. . .I've had to call a manager to the register several times to get something that had nothing to do with my purchase removed--or updated to reflect what the posted price was because the machines on the back end weren't tied to the machines that maintained the current sale pricing data.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2023 at 8:12 AM, Switch1995 said:

I’m looking to purchase a Statistics cartridge w/ manual and a Securities Analysis cartridge w/ manual.  If anyone is interested to sell, please PM me with offer.  Thanks!

Bumping this post.  I was able to purchase a Securities Analysis cart w/ manual.  If anyone has a Statistics cart collecting dust and wants to sell, please PM me.  Thanks!

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.it/itm/275894957332?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=a22nDHuoT8e&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=dAl035cGRym&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I understand everything.. but not 2000€ for a PEB!! Folly.. It's an advertisement here in Italy.. so I imagine that if some of you, who maybe live in California or Texas, how much shipping costs could come I know it will remain unsold..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

I bought some books from this seller. Now I see they have a lot of 4A floppies including TI COUNT ,  business  management software. $33.  

Is TI COUNT archived somewhere? (Or is Moore Business Systems copyright still enforced?)

I think the TI Count software is on the CYC, and possibly on WHT. I may even have an original set of the disks around here somewhere. . .

• Like 1