IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

On 11/29/2022 at 3:31 AM, ClassicGMR said:

Well I got it last night and even if she's not mighty - or even flex worthy - she's good enough for me! :D

I'll keep the Harmony for other stuff but, honestly, I can't remember the last time I tried a homebrew. I should look into that! (Also my 2600 6-switch has a bad power jack so that started this whole Retron77 thing.)

Well,  I don't know if your big or little sexy (Dammnit Ray!) is flex worthy or spongeworthy or...Mercy sakes alive!  I lost my train of thought,...Not that there was much to derail...Maybe something about cleaning off your console with a sponge or something to do with FlexSeal...It might have been hilarious,  I don't know.

• Haha 1

Wife wanted to hit Salvation Army today for Christmas ornaments and a few clothes. 

I was shocked to find a black Wii with GC ports in the case. 75% off blue tags today so $10!

Haven’t tested it yet but a great candidate to mod and put in the game room. 

C6C391A0-1C12-47B3-B82B-7BCD4E88230E.jpeg

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 6

Volkswagen Jetta 2019 1.4 TSI. 

Due to the present shortage and delay in production lines, all auto dealers in my neck of the wood are short on stock with no delivery of new car before May 2023…. 3rd quarter of ‘23 for hybrid and mid ‘24 for full EV. So I’ve decided to buy my rental. The good thing is since I’m still in the last 90 days of my lease, the car comes with a full warranty coverage as if I bought it new (4 years 80k km over the 60k it has presently). it also reduce my monthly payment by about $90.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 3:44 AM, 4300 said:

$17 goodwill auctions haul. Mostly crap, but the Coleco was worth grabbing. 

20221205_153608.jpg

On 12/6/2022 at 10:40 AM, ClassicGMR said:

Wife wanted to hit Salvation Army today for Christmas ornaments and a few clothes. 

I was shocked to find a black Wii with GC ports in the case. 75% off blue tags today so $10!

Haven’t tested it yet but a great candidate to mod and put in the game room. 

C6C391A0-1C12-47B3-B82B-7BCD4E88230E.jpeg

You guys are getting some INSANE deals!!!

great-job-good-job.gif   timanderic-wink.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I went to a pawn shop the other day with a friend of mine.   And even though it wasn't what I was there for,  I couldn't help but notice (for the First time I can recall) they had some boxed Atari games!  I only picked a few I wanted,  leaving out stuff like Outlaw, Bridge, and Blackjack, plus others I can't recall that were also on the shelves. 

I made a deal and got each of these (And 1 XBOX game) for $6! ... Spent $38.16 Total W/Tax for what's pictured.

20221207_001856.thumb.jpg.c43abbd6197851a7c1045466e9f86d4c.jpg

After heating up and carefully removing the pawn shop price stickers (Don't they know that can wreck the value?? haha),  I looked at the old "historical" if you will, price tags.  On the back of Pitfall! was a Coast to Coast Hardware price tag of $29.99.  I've only heard of Coast to Coast from other AtariAgers.  From what I gather, despite the name, that was mostly a midwestern chain (which went bankrupt in 1990 and is now part of True Value).  So that one wasn't local.  The Fireworld cart, however, displays what I call a classic "Crash" tag.  It has a Kay Bee Toys tag with $27.99 crossed out and $1.99 written over it in red ink.  This could have been from our local Kay Bee Toys in the mall. That store was called 3 Wishes, then Circus World, then Kay Bee, although I might have one of the names out of order...I definitely have some ColecoVision games with Circus World tags that were sold dirt cheap during the Crash. 

PS I just looked through some of my old games from BITD (NES, SNES, etc.) to see if I could figure out what that store was called before they went out of business, but to no avail.  None of them have tags from there.  I'm thinking it went out of business as a Kay Bee.

On a gruesome side note:  I vaguely knew this girl (Kary McKinney) who worked at said Kay Bee store. Anyway, she'd sell me video games and we'd talk about what was out for NES or Game Boy etc.  Then one day, while she was working at the store (July 1992), a very angry former husband and stalker (Larry Voss) came into the store and shot her multiple times, right in front of horrified customers, killing her instantly.  He then committed suicide...(Maybe in the parking lot?  I don't recall)...Sorry to mention it, but it's hard to think of that store without thinking of the incident.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This week’s spending allowance went to a Gigabyte GT 1030 low profile card. Found it used for just over $30. Works nicely with my 4th Gen i5 Lenovo SSF case.  I can now add it to my entertainment center in the game room.

I haven’t tested it fully yet but it should be able to do up to PS2 emulation with tweaking. Plus it’s still a fairly snappy PC so streaming is a definite yes. It’s also the only DVD player in the house not counting our Blu-ray player. Not necessarily a game thing per se but I’d call it a win. 😊

• Like 2

I technically pre-ordered these about 2 months ago, but they came today!

IMG_20221212_212123982.thumb.jpg.621add560c73628ef9a87b68a378446b.jpg

4 brand new N64 wireless controllers! 

(Limited edition too -snazzy! Sometimes I live it up.)

Now the kids and I can get our Mario Party/Kart on without anyone getting stuck with an undesirable controller. Haha!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CaptainBreakout said:

Now the kids and I can get our Mario Party/Kart on without anyone getting stuck with an undesirable controller. Haha!

Just don't play Mario Party 1 with good controllers! 😭

I have a Hyperkin Admiral which is almost the exact same shell and I absolutely love the feel of these controllers vs the original 3-point controller. So much easier to use. The originals now just feel awkward whenever I try and hold one. Excellent purchase. :)

EDIT: Ooh I love that yours also comes with USB connectors! I don't have that with mine but now I want it. :)

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 2

It’s been a busy time of year decorating for the holidays so I haven’t posted much of anything I’ve bought for a while now.  Once things calm down, I’ll post the nicer items.   In the meantime, I have to post one of better pickups Ive been lucky on lately.  

79DED6BB-4620-4E44-9FC8-5A390D183169.thumb.jpeg.7ef2e95249cec2ff6c782662234e5703.jpeg

Edited by Atari_Bill
  • Like 3

Decided I needed some GREEN Hyperkin GN6s.  Problem is they are more sold out than the black ones, of course.  I had a cheap price on eBay, but of course they only had black...Nope!  I already have black ones.  So,  on eBay instead of $9.95,  you'll pay $13.95 each for Green.  Eventually I found them on a website called Shop.com for $10.95 each,  and free shipping for orders over $25,  so to get there I added an S-Video Cable for PS1 (Maybe I need it, who remembers?)...

Then, ...Well, I know what some people might be thinking.  Do you really need a Mandalorian action figure at your age?  Yes.  Yes I do.

For those curious, I found The Mandalorian action figure for $5 at The Dollar Tree!  And they have other characters too.  I have a feeling those will go pretty quick.

But... now the collector in me wants to keep it unopened, and the other person inside me wants to take it out and put it next to Boba Fett and Vader on my guitar amp...

Anyway here's a pic from my phone which is virtually incapable of displaying the cool shade of Green on these controllers:

20221214_000201.thumb.jpg.d5f5d7f14e697a5f7c25e37f27f6bb65.jpg

• Like 3