IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Okay, I bought this puppy (or technically it was free):

rb-sga-004__58469.1590155400.png?c=2

6-button Genesis-style USB controller, plus R and L buttons. Might be nice, hoping it'll be useful for BigPEmu. I just gotta zip-tie an Atari Video Touch Pad to it B)
Would be extra nice if it's not X-Input, but the website doesn't say...

Also bought an AC adapter and composite video cable for the Genesis 2, so I can keep that permanently hooked up to the Sega CD.

And a charger for my GBA SP/DS phat, because my old one is getting old (sounds like it has some bad caps), and I CANNOT figure out where the heck it went...

I didn't realize you can only use one promo code at a time, though ¬_¬

Edited by Asaki
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Asaki said:

6-button Genesis-style USB controller, plus R and L buttons. Might be nice, hoping it'll be useful for BigPEmu. I just gotta zip-tie an Atari Video Touch Pad to it B)
Would be extra nice if it's not X-Input, but the website doesn't say...

I bought an identical one a few weeks ago, thinking that it would work well with BigPEmu.

I found that the D-pad (at least on mine) was just a tad sloppy.  After trying it out with several games, I went back to using an iBuffalo USB SNES-knockoff.

8 minutes ago, ls650 said:

I found that the D-pad (at least on mine) was just a tad sloppy.

Well dang, hopefully you just got a bad one or something.

I have their Saturn controller, and their N64 Hori ripoff, and those both work fine for me (although I would argue that the Hori pad maybe should've copied the original a little less closely).

• Like 1

Took $100 out of my bonus and grabbed a used GTX 1660 TI. It's the same card I use in my primary gaming PC and now I can have the same great performance in a budget build I just finished with what was left in the spare parts bin.

8th Gen i7, 16GB DDR4, GTX 970 (now the 1660 TI), 240GB M.2, 480GB SSD data drive.

1660ti.png

• Like 2

On 2/15/2023 at 4:12 PM, ls650 said:

I bought an identical one a few weeks ago, thinking that it would work well with BigPEmu.

I found that the D-pad (at least on mine) was just a tad sloppy.  After trying it out with several games, I went back to using an iBuffalo USB SNES-knockoff.

Got mine yesterday, tried it last night, I didn't notice anything weird about the d-pad.
Felt pretty smooth, and even passed the Street Fighter II test. I usually test d-pads out to see how easily I can do Ryu's moves, and this one passed easily.
Dreamcast does not pass :(

On 2/17/2023 at 6:49 PM, ClassicGMR said:

Took $100 out of my bonus and grabbed a used GTX 1660 TI. It's the same card I use in my primary gaming PC and now I can have the same great performance in a budget build I just finished with what was left in the spare parts bin.

Time to SLI those puppies B) I'm sure they'll fit in any case just fine!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So a while back I went into a local pawn shop called City National Pawn.  It had been a while,  but I was surprised they called me loudly by name, said it had been too long, asked how I was doing etc.  and so on...I was impressed because even though I'd talked to them in the past,  I didn't know they even knew my name,  and here they were treating me like some local celebrity!

At the end of it I only wanted 2 cheapo games that didn't even have real cases..,

They said,  For you?  $2!   Total!

(Oughta be worth that ;)

20230223_223354.thumb.jpg.5bab163fa3d1a1ff65fcb6318774baf8.jpg

20230223_223442.thumb.jpg.7ad22fa5a629e5924765d371d0d74c83.jpg

• Like 3

I finally got a copy of The Voice for the Odyssey 2 system in its original  (pretty good looking) box with the styrofoam inserts and manual for $140.

Yeah, a little expensive but worth it to me because that is the last original O2 item I needed.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, dwh said:

I finally got a copy of The Voice for the Odyssey 2 system in its original  (pretty good looking) box with the styrofoam inserts and manual for $140.

Yeah, a little expensive but worth it to me because that is the last original O2 item I needed.

The voice is a pretty fun little module.  Complete boxed is certainly a little tougher to find these days. 

• Like 3

Paid for this today.  Probably the game I'm most excited for on the Phoenix. 

ghost_beauty_shot.thumb.jpg.d2264ed04aafe817c50ff68fc8cfd948.jpg

...although come to think of it, I got a bunch of milage out of Cabbage Patch Kids Adventures in the Park, purchased last week.  Why?  Well if anyone else here is a single dad in their mid 40's, it's a very approachable game to someone of the opposite sex as a retro gaming evening event suggestion, if they happen to be the same age range. So yeah... That game has hidden value in that respect. If you are in a similar sitch as me, you're welcome.

As far as Ghost...  Well, I love me some Metroidvania. Cant wait for this thing to arrive and get my grove on.

• Like 2

Just got a copy of a Gameline in the box, and just used Yahoo mail which is the great-grandchild of the Gameline,AOL,yahoo, tech history tree wise.

Also got a copy of Sears Superman text label version. Do not expect to ever get the picture label version unless I want to spend $1500+....

And got a blue Game Books folder.

Got Odyssey 2 Jack & the Beanstalk from 2600 connection...always great to deal with Tim D, and Chris Reads many O2 games.

Ordered two items from 8-bit classics. One game works if held in place in the cart slot; one game did not work at all. Bummer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Finally got myself a CIB Power Lords! Paid a little more than I would’ve liked but I’m really happy with its condition.F09DF64C-B4B2-4DBB-9848-C618E462BBCE.thumb.jpeg.144fa4cfc261d1f3dd20f0a0f5efe39a.jpeg

I have a mint CIB Voice Module coming in the mail as well, so that’s the last of the major roadblocks for the US CIB O2 set.

Was this the one on ebay?  That one was in pretty nice condition and the price wasn’t awful. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Was this the one on ebay?  That one was in pretty nice condition and the price wasn’t awful. 

The $165 one? I wish. I paid much more than that (though sadly still about market price for 2023, maybe slightly higher), only a week before in a private deal. This arrived the day after that one went up. You win some you lose some I guess. This one is in really nice shape, though which I'm pleased with.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

The $165 one? I wish. I paid much more than that (though sadly still about market price for 2023, maybe slightly higher), only a week before in a private deal. This arrived the day after that one went up. You win some you lose some I guess. This one is in really nice shape, though which I'm pleased with.

Congrats!  It’s a tough one to find.  

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 2:14 PM, sramirez2008 said:

A pair of Quickshot I controllers. I tested them with Battlezone TC earlier today and they are working really well.  Next I look forward to trying them with Stramash Zone. Just waiting on my Vextrex cable extensions to arrive. 🙂

A.jpg

Battleszone TC.jpg

I imagine that’s gonna be pretty awsome on the Vectrex!! Enjoy!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Madwindoman said:

I imagine that’s gonna be pretty awsome on the Vectrex!! Enjoy!!

Exactly! I'm waiting on my Vectrex extension cables, so I can easily connect these controllers as well as, the Atari Driving controller and AtariVox to my Vectrex.  

• Like 2