IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

@sramirez2008

Is that your first VECTREX?

Man I remember getting mine in 1982 or '83!  I was so stoked!  We were on vacation and I bought it in California (at G.A.M.E.S.) for Half Price!  ($99 Special that day!).  I didn't even know I wanted one, but they had one on display and it blew me away! ...and as my mom used to tell the story,  I no longer cared if the motel had a pool, I just wanted a plug in!  We'd get there or to a relative's house,  and I'd grab my Vectrex and plug it in as soon as I got in the door!

FWIW,  I had,  well still have an old Vectrex multi-cart where you have a pack of "jumpers" you connect in certain order (think dip switches) to access the various games.  But then a few years back Masschamber sold me the Sean Kelly 3.0!  It rules!

• Like 3

In all the Christmas excitement I forgot I had back ordered a PlayStation MemCard Pro. It came in Friday. It doesn't automatically interact with my PSIO yet but I'm hoping for a firmware update at some point. It works manually though. I put a 32GB SD card in since I couldn't find anything in the house smaller. I won't ever have to worry about memory cards again.

IMG_2943.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

@sramirez2008

Is that your first VECTREX?

Man I remember getting mine in 1982 or '83!  I was so stoked!  We were on vacation and I bought it in California (at G.A.M.E.S.) for Half Price!  ($99 Special that day!).  I didn't even know I wanted one, but they had one on display and it blew me away! ...and as my mom used to tell the story,  I no longer cared if the motel had a pool, I just wanted a plug in!  We'd get there or to a relative's house,  and I'd grab my Vectrex and plug it in as soon as I got in the door!

FWIW,  I had,  well still have an old Vectrex multi-cart where you have a pack of "jumpers" you connect in certain order (think dip switches) to access the various games.  But then a few years back Masschamber sold me the Sean Kelly 3.0!  It rules!

Believe it or not, mine came from a Mom and Pop store here, in my tiny town, "thrift store" type thing.

Was just on display, for some reason, they wouldn't sell it to a few friends that asked-my Wife became friends with the Mom and Pop on other terms, casually mentioned it-

This was mebbe 5 years ago, cost 75$

:)

I actually recommend the Vec Multi, by Richard Hutchinson myself, but I'm not sure on their current availability.

He's "findable" tho, with minimal stalking skills.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

In all the Christmas excitement I forgot I had back ordered a PlayStation MemCard Pro. It came in Friday. It doesn't automatically interact with my PSIO yet but I'm hoping for a firmware update at some point. It works manually though. I put a 32GB SD card in since I couldn't find anything in the house smaller. I won't ever have to worry about memory cards again.

IMG_2943.jpg

I am hoping for that automatic interaction with the PSIO as well, but I am not holding my breath.

• Like 2

I bought a couple NOS POGs to give away as Christmas presents, but we caught COVID and got trapped in a blizzard, so they're still sitting in the box (after me and the girlfriend helped ourselves to our share).

318887588_5959312560765826_8865541542105
The game definitely deserves a comeback, it's still fun as heck...but the company that currently owns the trademark is just using it to sell NFTs =|

Edited by Asaki
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sramirez2008 said:

Pretty cool👍 How does it feel? It's supposed to have a bit more weight than a standard NES pad due to the sound circuitry. I really like the look of it.

I like it. It's slightly bigger than a standard nes controller and the Famicom shape is more comfortable. The multi speed turbo is nice and the left/right audio feature is pretty interesting. 

• Like 2

Oops, I accidentally bought more POG =|

...and there's another set coming in the mail >_< eBay's new feature where sellers can make you an offer just for looking at their listing is pretty dangerous.

323910888_562294615911106_39986571101428

On 1/12/2023 at 9:34 AM, 4300 said:

20230112_093203.thumb.jpg.c0717a4ce408a84c77ad5e090d1291ba.jpg

I saw that at a thrift once, but half of it was missing, and the book from the Black Sabbath Black Box set (plus DVD) was inside. I have no idea why I didn't grab the book and buy it, really kicking myself over that one...went back later and it was gone. The book and DVD is the only reason to even have The Black Box.

• Like 1