IGNORED

Are People Crazy on Ebay???

DavidMil

27 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Madness!!

£100+ postage AND £830 odd import fees AS WELL!! :-o

I'm stunned anything sells on ebay with the fee and postage alone..

The price and those are just insane..

If someone does buy it, I really hope they get their moneys worth of using out of it..They might have to live to the age of 300 to get that!

• Like 1

I'm stunned, I found a bargain on ebay (not Atari, a 1541 MKII drive for the C64), nice price, really helpful seller and split in to 3 payments which helps hugely..

Oh, and no rip off postage for delivery..

It all must be a dream, I might wake up in the shower next to Patrick Duffy (that will be awkward)... Need to have seen Dallas back in the 80's to get the joke...

• Haha 2

I have more recently been buying cartridges.  I try to wait for a good price.  

Anyway, I recently picked up River Raid, I had been tracking that cartridge for ages...usually goes for $23-$25 range, I found one for $5+$5 shipping. so $10.

Bought that without hesitation.   It arrives, it is not for Atari 8-bit at all.   It was the colecovision version.   Doh...same label as the Atari 8-bit, but in hand, definitely too large.

well even the colecovision version is OK at that price if working, but who knows if it works, I don't own a colecovision at the moment.  I guess I do need to buy one, how else to test this cartridge....

I have always wanted a rare XE Star Raiders 2 cartridge. On eBay the loose cartridge was going for $75 (no box). This past weekend, while casually browsing in a retro game store here in NYC, I saw a sealed boxed XE Star Raiders 2 cart for $30. Suffice to say, I jumped on that in like .2 seconds flat.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mutterminder said:

Who is going to pay this?  Bounty Bob strikes back is good, but not that good.

Invest but a fraction of that in an SDrive-Max or AVG and then download all the games you want to play for free. In this day and age I don't see the fixation with using individual game carts. Besides what I already mentioned, there is also the SIDE3, Ultimate, and UNO carts, all of which accept an SD card which can hold thousands of games.

• Like 2

With all these ridiculously priced listings I think all that is happening here is they are popping a very very.... veerrry high asking price and seeing what offers roll in to test the water. Chances are even getting an offer of even a quarter of this is probably what the seller is hopefull of. I've seen these jaguar CD units go for a grand on average. One listing was for a Jag console, jaguar CD and lots of games and that was £1300.

This for one sealed jag CD and 3 games is hilarious if the seller really thinks they'll get it. I suspect they aren't ever expecting to get near this though. 

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

Would be better to go through the Japanese auction sites and use a 3rd party buyer, the price direct from buyers in Japan is much lower than ebay etc and normally the gear is in great condition.

As for 9.999.90....LOL.... 1. wtf is with the .90, wasn't the 9,999 not enough?   1.I think he or she is off their meds or on too much and trippin balls..  3. Wants cash or money Xfer...Yeah, I'll just bring 10K in hard cash around to a random address or just wire you the money...

I'd only go there with Arnie in Terminator mode, with a phased Plama rifle in the 90W range.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deffroe said:

Thought I'd check ebay.com to see if there is a case available for my non-eci 65XE when up pops this.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363144251339   so tempting but ahhhhh its an ECI model for $1300, shame its the wrong type 😁

Yes, those machines feature in a couple of threads on here...Silly prices..

On 11/12/2022 at 1:24 PM, Mclaneinc said:

Yes, those machines feature in a couple of threads on here...Silly prices..

We should start a separate thread just for son.of.sun.  That guy generates more prices that are ridiculous even by eBay standards than just about anyone else.