IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

12 hours ago, Wayler said:

But where is the love for Cornhole? That thing would have been a sure-fire hit and the only thing that was something different from rest of the dreck. 

Actually... would that be feasible as a plug+play? Something akin to a standalone WiiMote.

I'm guessing not, or such a thing would exist on the market already (beyond those awful Wii imitations). I'd imagine for a cornhole game to be worth a shit (ahem), the controller would need to be similar to Wii Motion Plus. The original WiiMote's accelerometers were just fine for simple movements, but anything more complex really needed the gyroscope added in Plus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattPilz said:

In August 2020 he said: "It has always been slated for Winter 2021."

Off topic but I just hate the way marketers use "Winter 20XX". Winter starts at the end of December, so it's either Christmas 2021 or Winter 2022. 😒 Quite often, games are announced to be released on Winter but are in fact available in November which, last time I checked, was still Autumn. I prefer when they use quarters even though, when you think about it, Q1 is basically Winter, Q2 is Spring, Q3 is Summer and Q4 is Autumn anyway. But I guess they can't wrap their little head around that for some reason.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Quite often, games are announced to be released on Winter but are in fact available in November which, last time I checked, was still Autumn.

Well, you know actually, actually, winter is a meteorological state in which the daily temperatures are below 0° (in actual temperature units, 32F for the illogical one) for five consecutive days. 

That means most of the world won't experience real winter. Out here, winter starts anywhere from October to December, sometimes as late as January. 

So for companies like IE to announce something releasing for winter, gives them a whole lot of leeway of when and where that is actually going to happen 🤡

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Wayler said:

Well, you know actually, actually, winter is a meteorological state in which the daily temperatures are below 0° (in actual temperature units, 32F for the illogical one) for five consecutive days. 

That means most of the world won't experience real winter. Out here, winter starts anywhere from October to December, sometimes as late as January. 

So for companies like IE to announce something releasing for winter, gives them a whole lot of leeway of when and where that is actually going to happen 🤡

So I guess I'll just have to wait for the climate change to make it impossible for Winter to happen at all, so marketers won't be able to use that word! 😔

6 hours ago, MattPilz said:

In August 2020 he said: "It has always been slated for Winter 2021." - This was after they had already announced the new launch date of Oct. 10, 2021, so at this stage Tommy implied it'd be a close-to-launch title, given it then had an extra year of development time before the Amico launched.

This was in response to a kotaku article that mistakenly wrote that the game was expected in october 2020.  The comment is to say that it was never scheduled for 2020 that from the beginning it wasn't expected for more than a year after the system releases.  The announced new date for system release was April 2021, but either way the comment is about correcting the article about the original schedule.

Regarding the hiring of people that worked on the original game.  I know that they had some of the original artists on staff.  Nick Bruty who may have been the lead game designer was/is with the third party developer that worked on Amico Astrosmash.  I doubt David Perry, who was the original programmer and is a director/advisor with the company, will be doing much programming; that work likely to be assigned to new people working on other projects at the time.  So the people they've been talking about, would have been involved in game design rather than programming.

8 hours ago, rayik said:

I for one am really looking forward to the Amico coming out.  Can't wait to play Joust, Robotron, Defender and Gauntlet on my Amico.

The Amico controller will make game play so much better than it is on Mame, MiSTER or any console released from PS1 to today.

Of course the original classic versions of licensed retro games were never meant to be on the system.  A reimagined four player Joust sounds like a good idea.  The flying mechanic is similar to Flappy Bird.

Other than Robotron, the Amico controller could be very good for those games.  The original Gauntlet control panel was set up joystick right; an Amico controller can be disc right.  Defender would have to have all flying controls integrated on the disc leaving three actions for fire, smart bomb, and hyperspace for the two shoulders and touchpad.

• Confused 2

This info is from a former Amico engineer that is no longer there. 

———-

“Created electronics architecture for new Amico game console that is tentatively releasing first quarter of 2022. Led console hardware design through initial management “wish-list and scoping through final functional version being released to manufacturing. 
* Selected processor and captured schematics for console, using Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
* Performed layout of multiple console and hand controller circuit boards, using advanced pcb technologies such as via-in-pad, blind and buried vias, controlled impedances, etc.
* Led certification efforts on console and hand controllers with the goal of achieving certification in U.S., EU, and MENA countries. Certification activities included FCC/SIPRE testing, 2.4 and 5 GHZ WiFi and Bluetooth, WEEE and Prop 65 clearance, and others.”

————

Notice:  “led certification efforts on console and hand controllers with the goal of achieving certification” 

EFFORTS and GOAL

Its 2023 and still no certs. Ridiculous! 

I doubt they passed Proposition 65 too. 

12701542-ECCD-4B7A-B37F-D2A658F4DF77.jpeg

• Thanks 5

24 minutes ago, Rev said:

This info is from a former Amico engineer that is no longer there. 

———-

“Created electronics architecture for new Amico game console that is tentatively releasing first quarter of 2022. Led console hardware design through initial management “wish-list and scoping through final functional version being released to manufacturing. 
* Selected processor and captured schematics for console, using Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
* Performed layout of multiple console and hand controller circuit boards, using advanced pcb technologies such as via-in-pad, blind and buried vias, controlled impedances, etc.
* Led certification efforts on console and hand controllers with the goal of achieving certification in U.S., EU, and MENA countries. Certification activities included FCC/SIPRE testing, 2.4 and 5 GHZ WiFi and Bluetooth, WEEE and Prop 65 clearance, and others.”

————

Notice:  “led certification efforts on console and hand controllers with the goal of achieving certification” 

EFFORTS and GOAL

Its 2023 and still no certs. Ridiculous! 

I doubt they passed Proposition 65 too. 

12701542-ECCD-4B7A-B37F-D2A658F4DF77.jpeg

Silly Rev.  An engineer who worked for them posted on the internet that they passed preliminary FCC certification.  Don't know why you bother looking on the FCC website.   

Accept as true everything posted on the internet about the Amico.  Will save you from actually having to do critical thinking about whether it makes sense, or heaven forbid, have to think about whether or not it is truthful.

Edited by rayik
Fixed spelling error
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

We know it’s dead, they know it’s dead…heck even Mr Me knows it’s dead. Why INTV won’t announce the thing is dead is what truly boggles my mind. This company can’t even get flushed down the toilet with dignity. The Amicos keep swirling around the toilet and refuse to go down.

The Amicos being Phil, DJC & Amico Clown Posse.

Edited by MarioMan88
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

We know it’s dead, they know it’s dead…heck even Mr Me knows it’s dead. Why INTV won’t announce the thing is dead is what truly boggles my mind. This company can’t even get flushed down the toilet with dignity. The Amicos keep swirling around the toilet and refuse to go down.

Always follow the dollar. If they wont announce it is dead, there is a monetary reason. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, MattPilz said:

On April 6, 2020 Tommy told Reddit: "But the first playable and demo of the game will probably be next summer (about a year from now). Although expect some things to be shown every few months until then. :)" But we saw nothing further from Tommy or the 10 original staffers hired by Intellivision to work on EWJ4.

He also said: "Fans of Earthworm Jim are really going to be blown away. Currently on schedule for Christmas/Holiday 2021."

In January 2020 he said, after posting the original EWJ4 animation: "Doing things with our controller and gameplay that can NOT be done on any other platform!  Original EWJ animator and current Art Director of Intellivision Mike Dietz did this. Let me know if you think this is GROOOOOVY! :D

On January 30, 2020, he said: "We're doing EWJ design and graphics as well... but won't really start to get into it full time til after Astrosmash is completed (March or April)."

In August 2020 he said: "It has always been slated for Winter 2021." - This was after they had already announced the new launch date of Oct. 10, 2021, so at this stage Tommy implied it'd be a close-to-launch title, given it then had an extra year of development time before the Amico launched.

On May 31, 2021 he said: "I did talk a little about EWJ... but basically saying that I can't really say much about EWJ just yet because of some really big news coming down in about a month or so." I don't remember what really big news that was, if anything else was announced.

By all indication they were supposed to be well into full-time EWJ4 work by March-April 2020, and repeatedly stated it'd be a Winter 2021 release. They teased new features and updates for it when people asked, but never committed to those vows.

Exactly. Tommy continually lied about progress and working on status. If you look at my old thread and look at the game list those are ones henhad confirmed as being worked on at some point. The "Animal Fighting Game" was the Cat Fighter demo that was only a demo and existed before Amico. They weren't working on anything.

He needed to give the impression that they were working on a ton of games when they weren't. He even bold face lied about including a game as a pack in here because someone said a "touching story". That was a lied and manipulation to get people to purchase the console.

I was going to clip it but found some other funny posts when looking for it.

Screenshot_20230115_082117_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b8577506a1b951952d36985e657207e0.jpg

Did we ever see a fishing game? Nah.

Screenshot_20230115_082150_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a074a1222a1003607690c864fa6d2f9f.jpg

It was only popular with old retro. Which was why it barely got above 5000 orders. Such bad takes from almost everyone in that thread. 

Screenshot_20230115_082234_Chrome.thumb.jpg.21b284360633bf2ac2ba0eac0c5d39bf.jpgScreenshot_20230115_082258_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cf88ab3c3bf873de76a332870890e429.jpg

Tommy talking about how the focus was retro gamers. You don't waste your time on retro if the real goal wasn't retro. The 3.1 billion was just BS to make them sound big.

Screenshot_20230115_082431_Chrome.thumb.jpg.79a2ec0929921130fd85d987b4f60e13.jpg

Bad takes galore. The diehard fans are so bitter they have a show named after Amico and they ban you if you talk about Amico. They ban you if you ask about refunds on the FB group. So many heads up their butts. Or maybe it was Tommy's butt and that's why he wasn't able to give two shits?

Screenshot_20230115_082743_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cde8838b07dde52e747895840a65e2c8.jpg

@Rev did you ever compile that list? I'm ready to see a list with 623 questions answered with Wouldn't that be something?

Screenshot_20230115_083005_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c1b382d786984a4eb0dc366568ce6113.jpg

Screenshot_20230115_083017_Chrome.thumb.jpg.988964dbf1de08511b8046ab9cdc32dd.jpgScreenshot_20230115_083028_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f710263dc9d612095dcf4882c4f6e2c6.jpg

1. They were lucky and barely got above 5000 when targeting 3.2 billion. I'm going to round up to help them out and say they reached 0.0002% of their market.

2. True only old Intv fans were into it and why you only sold 5000.

3. Where are the games again? This was suppose to have 35 launch titles. And games ready for 2020, 2021, and 2022.

4. None of the licenses they touted I would say are big but that could be subjective. I will point out they have yet to release one licensed game so they have yet to prove they have them.

5. I was in target, and wal-mart yesterday and it wasn't on the shelf with the other footbaths.

It is like Tommy is wrong about everything. Then Tommy projects and says everyone with reasonable thought it wrong.

Goalposts moved would be all their launch dates. I mean they continually moved goal posts, and could even furnish an office without messing that up. 

🤣 No one but the company and loudmouth who took money while making claims has to prove anything. The only thing he proved is there are reasonable people with reasonable concerns because he was full of it. He did prove that there are people who even after all his lies are exposed still like huffing his farts and celebrating the totally achieved FCC certs. 🤣 The levels of delusion and projection around this console is hilarious.

Random poll: who here interested in Amico actively game with there families right now? I do 🙋‍♂️

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Off topic but I just hate the way marketers use "Winter 20XX". Winter starts at the end of December, so it's either Christmas 2021 or Winter 2022. 😒 Quite often, games are announced to be released on Winter but are in fact available in November which, last time I checked, was still Autumn. I prefer when they use quarters even though, when you think about it, Q1 is basically Winter, Q2 is Spring, Q3 is Summer and Q4 is Autumn anyway. But I guess they can't wrap their little head around that for some reason.

The year XXXX is for the Amico release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rayik said:

Silly Rev.  An engineer who worked for them posted on the internet that they passed preliminary FCC certification.  Don't know why you bother looking on the FCC website.   

Accept as true everything posted on the internet about the Amico.  Will save you from actually having to do critical thinking about whether it makes sense, or heaven forbid, have to think about whether or not it is truthful.

Thinking is a sin against the mighty leader Tallarico and the Amico. Tommy's farts hold the truth so don't think and huff those fumes.

Fact checking just means you are a hater and don't truly believe. That means you want to destroy everything. You want to destroy family gaming as theu are providing it.

Deep breaths, now thats a good boy. Now go and be a child exploiter and approve of using Beefy kid's pics while defending the non existent FCC like a good little Tommy boy.

It is ironic that the kid friendly console diehards want to exploit people's kids they don't like. I'm sure the irony is lost on people like mrme since they aprove of the exploitation. 

1 hour ago, MarioMan88 said:

Does he? If he did he would approve of child exploitation or ask Rev WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!? or be like WHY ARE YOU RIDICULING THEM!? ITS NOT LIKE THEY HAVENT DONT ANYTHING TO DESERVE THAT! WAHHH.

So many are deluded and think there is still a chance for success. If they manage to release anything they will have moved yet another goalposts and proclaim success. They will ignore that this was suppose to be as big as the Wii and not DOA. Launch is not the end but the start. If launch is the end then all you did was blow up on the launchpad.

ezgif.com-gif-maker_2.gif.29764602499d29cde4ff240daa9bdfe2.gif

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, rayik said:

But its the same engineer. 🤔

• Haha 3

The label “hater” was ridiculous for that former employee to keep calling anyone that had concerns or questions. Constantly correcting the “misinformation” (your opinion or a stated fact).  

I still hope and want the Intellivision Amico to be released, and will purchase several units. Yep! I buy all Intellivision consoles, even the Amico Leap Pad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Rev said:

The label “hater” was ridiculous for that former employee to keep calling anyone that had concerns or questions. Constantly correcting the “misinformation” (your opinion or a stated fact).  

I still hope and want the Intellivision Amico to be released, and will purchase several units. Yep! I buy all Intellivision consoles, even the Amico Leap Pad. 

They don't have the Leap Pad trademark. Their product will be called Launch Pad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Recycled said:

Maybe "riding the tiger?"

ride a tiger

To become or find oneself responsible for something risky, precarious, or unsafe to abandon; to do something that is safer to continue than it is to quit.

That's what Tommy meant about getting Balboa up this bitch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Screenshot_20230115_082234_Chrome.thumb.jpg.21b284360633bf2ac2ba0eac0c5d39bf.jpgScreenshot_20230115_082258_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cf88ab3c3bf873de76a332870890e429.jpg

Think about what TT said.  A game demo for a phone / tablet using touch screen controls is not aimed at casuals or non gamers.  What???  Did TT even think through what he says.

Amazing folks just accepted that BS.  

Edited by rayik
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Buffalo Biff Burgertime said:

Actually... would that be feasible as a plug+play? Something akin to a standalone WiiMote.

I'm guessing not, or such a thing would exist on the market already (beyond those awful Wii imitations). I'd imagine for a cornhole game to be worth a shit (ahem), the controller would need to be similar to Wii Motion Plus. The original WiiMote's accelerometers were just fine for simple movements, but anything more complex really needed the gyroscope added in Plus.

The way the Wii controllers work is

The Nunchuck can handle 1:1 motion on a single axis but is extremely limited in any other context

The original Wii Remote can handle 1:1 motion on 2 axis, plus it has the IR pointer

The Wii Motion Plus/Wii Remote Plus enables 1:1 motion on all three axis at once, plus the pointer

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

They don't have the Leap Pad trademark. Their product will be called Launch Pad.

To be a bit more complete and current, they have no registered trademarks except the ones they began with - Intellivision, Running Man, and combined Intellivision and Running Man.

After abandoning 2 of their other marks, they now are over a month late in filing extension for a 3rd. When uspto gets current on status, I'll let you know.

Given that to date IE just files delays (extensions of time), one can conclude they are not ready to show "use in commerce" on anything. For those who don't understand that, "use" must be demonstrated and accepted by uspto as part of the trademark registration process. Simple as that.

For those who wish to color this as a good thing, you could argue that less trademark filings means less legal time and expense. After all, cutting expenses was one of the goals mentioned.

However, as I mentioned in a different forum, they did have to hire another firm to handle the new corporation in Delaware, amongst other duties for which they were employed. Ergo I do not think they have saved money overall, given the costs of some of their activities are easily researched.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

it's because of those low flow california toilets!  you have to keep flushing and flushing and hope it goes down eventually.

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

This was great. It’s also a reminder that there are lots of folks who should be ashamed of themselves. It’s funny- it’s been three months and I’m still waiting on someone to defend TT’s Hall of Fame claims. It’s like he was Santos pre-Santos.

In the Amico Forever stream (33:55 mark) after the hbomberguy video, DJC defended the awards and Hall of Fame lies by saying "Do we really care?" and "It's really getting so nitpicky". Totally ignoring or not realizing the fact that Tommy lying about such pointless things is a very bad sign for everything else he has ever said.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

In the Amico Forever stream (33:55 mark) after the hbomberguy video, DJC defended the awards and Hall of Fame lies by saying "Do we really care?" and "It's really getting so nitpicky". Totally ignoring or not realizing the fact that Tommy lying about such pointless things is a very bad sign for everything else he has ever said.

Yeah it’s super modern denial tactics: “TT never lies!” (Lie is proven) “Who cares about lies like that?”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

I still don't understand how someone can have their head so deep in the sand as DJC.  These people really don't see how much their behavior is cult like. 

• Like 6