IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gpYH5c6-nDU

This is their March 2022 video we were talking about.  The gameplay is towards the end.

Regarding the 2020 Amico Cornhole gameplay footage, while the kids may have been doing some acting, it doesn't mean they weren't playing Amico Cornhole.  And now that we know the first version of the game utilizes additional sensors in phones, it makes sense that the kids were favouring them so they can get higher accuracy in their throw.

Thanks for sharing that. I find the camera cutaway very suspicious and unconvincing, especially since this game was never seen at the so-called public events where outsiders could try it. 

I respect that you feel that video counts as showing off the cornhole game, but I remain skeptical. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Thanks for sharing that. I find the camera cutaway very suspicious and unconvincing, especially since this game was never seen at the so-called public events where outsiders could try it. 

I respect that you feel that video counts as showing off the cornhole game, but I remain skeptical. 

Skeptical...of IE?

(Somehow I am reminded of Atari when they'd show off footage of games (presumably for their new Tacobox) and then have to backtrack and say they were just showing examples of what could be done, or how lots of it was for "illustration purposes only" (or however they phrased it))...

Personally I think Cornhole,  If it were done like a Nintendo Wii game (With Motion Controls) could have been good.  It's the only game that might have been a bit fun in my opinion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

Regarding the 2020 Amico Cornhole gameplay footage, while the kids may have been doing some acting, it doesn't mean they weren't playing Amico Cornhole.  

38 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Accepting that as evidence of anything is like saying "Christopher Reeve and the rest of the cast may have been doing some acting, but that doesn't mean he wasn't really flying back in '78"

• Haha 5

50 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

That person you are talking too also thought a shot of Hans kids from the front with no gameplay in site making a motion with a dark controller was evidence of them using said controllers. Yet in every shot with the cornhole game they were using phones.

That unboxing video may show them playing Cornhole, but it also shows their name is Intellevision too. Also you should slow it down and see the lag in that game. 🤣

This footage also shows they don't have FCC certs. 🤭

Screenshot_20230403_113845_YouTube.thumb.jpg.8d8abbf4e941e9b0f7b2f0c529ad506e.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Accepting that as evidence of anything is like saying "Christopher Reeve and the rest of the cast may have been doing some acting, but that doesn't mean he wasn't really flying back in '78"

I actually think they are showing it. I also think it shows how watered down it is for a motion game. They demonstrated two different throw styles that literally acted the same way.

The instructions show the controller as flat but in that screenshot I showed above shows the controller obviously not flat. Any other decent motion game would give you a much different result.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Anything is possible.  There could be a PC plugged into the TV operated by a guy off camera.

People said they played the new Cornhole at the Boston event.  The new version wouldn't have been ready for the other events.

2 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

If they faked it they did it accurately.  If people have the option of two controllers and one works better than the other they are more likely to use it.  If I were to fake it, I'd show the game controller being used as much as or more than the phone.

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I actually think they are showing it. I also think it shows how watered down it is for a motion game. They demonstrated two different throw styles that literally acted the same way.

The instructions show the controller as flat but in that screenshot I showed above shows the controller obviously not flat. Any other decent motion game would give you a much different result.

It would be easy for the software to tell which way you're holding the controller by just the accelerometer forces alone on the backswing.

Edited by mr_me

Okay everyone, I have done my research on Tommy Tallarico and have now learned about the things he has been up to.

Tommy if you are reading this. You evil man! You evil sinistar man! You want to pick on well meaning gamers and take their money?! Why dont you try you're luck with someone that is more of your weightclass. That's right Tommy, I am going to challenge you to a CS 1.6 match! I AM GOING TO KILL YOU (in CS 1.6)!!!

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Creamhoven said:

Okay everyone, I have done my research on Tommy Tallarico and have now learned about the things he has been up to.

Tommy if you are reading this. You evil man! You evil sinistar man! You want to pick on well meaning gamers and take their money?! Why dont you try you're luck with someone that is more of your weightclass. That's right Tommy, I am going to challenge you to a CS 1.6 match! I AM GOING TO KILL YOU (in CS 1.6)!!!

Nice try, Tommy. 🤫😉

• Haha 5

Amico at Midwest Gaming Classic. 😉

Just returned from a weekend at MGC 2023. A few random conversations about Amico sprung up unexpectedly by exhibitors and guests. John Riggs was part of a panel on "Gaming Trends" and started off by joking "It's the year of Amico!" which garnered laughs from the audience. I recall John had a reasonable hand in promoting it over the years, most of his Amico videos are now deleted but he still has the physical media one up. I chatted with a guy from Guys Games and Beer podcast who had Ouya, VCS and other flop releases on display and got into talking about vaporware consoles including Coleco Chameleon and Amico. He didn't believe Amico was inherently a scam but it was a case of too big of an idea with not enough experience from Tommy. I agree mostly with that mindset, but as Intellivision's finances got more destitute so did the claims and promises that wound up getting closer to that idea of a scam. Claiming they had patents they did not, claiming they had 100,000 presales they did not, selling $150 boxes for games with no actual games or any sign of the console itself and then claiming they were fast selling out when they weren't... That really doesn't feel like an honest tactic, it feels like a bid for more money at any cost. My impression in general was that most people really have not heard of Amico at all, or those that are aware of it (including most of the audience that laughed in the event) learned of it through the hbomberguy video, not through any original promotion from Intellivision. Brett Weiss was also selling books but I didn't get a chance to chat with him, my understanding is he has rescinded his support for Amico.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MattPilz said:

Amico at Midwest Gaming Classic. 😉

Just returned from a weekend at MGC 2023. A few random conversations about Amico sprung up unexpectedly by exhibitors and guests. John Riggs was part of a panel on "Gaming Trends" and started off by joking "It's the year of Amico!" which garnered laughs from the audience. I recall John had a reasonable hand in promoting it over the years, most of his Amico videos are now deleted but he still has the physical media one up. I chatted with a guy from Guys Games and Beer podcast who had Ouya, VCS and other flop releases on display and got into talking about vaporware consoles including Coleco Chameleon and Amico. He didn't believe Amico was inherently a scam but it was a case of too big of an idea with not enough experience from Tommy. I agree mostly with that mindset, but as Intellivision's finances got more destitute so did the claims and promises that wound up getting closer to that idea of a scam. Claiming they had patents they did not, claiming they had 100,000 presales they did not, selling $150 boxes for games with no actual games or any sign of the console itself and then claiming they were fast selling out when they weren't... That really doesn't feel like an honest tactic, it feels like a bid for more money at any cost. My impression in general was that most people really have not heard of Amico at all, or those that are aware of it (including most of the audience that laughed in the event) learned of it through the hbomberguy video, not through any original promotion from Intellivision. Brett Weiss was also selling books but I didn't get a chance to chat with him, my understanding is he has rescinded his support for Amico.

Author Brett Author Weiss the Author won't sell any books by sticking with the sinking/sunk ship. I bet it sounded good to him when it was hot as the anti-Pat console.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MattPilz said:

...I chatted with a guy from Guys Games and Beer podcast who had Ouya, VCS and other flop releases on display and got into talking about vaporware consoles including Coleco Chameleon and Amico. He didn't believe Amico was inherently a scam but it was a case of too big of an idea with not enough experience from Tommy. I agree mostly with that mindset, but as Intellivision's finances got more destitute so did the claims and promises that wound up getting closer to that idea of a scam. Claiming they had patents they did not, claiming they had 100,000 presales they did not, selling $150 boxes for games with no actual games or any sign of the console itself and then claiming they were fast selling out when they weren't...

It was pointed out in the Startengine comments that patents should be described as pending.  The company responded admitting the mistake and that the page should be corrected.  It wasn't updated, the page was ultimately removed entirely. 

With the 100 thousand they usually include retailer/distributor purchase orders, the fine print said retailer/distributor purchase orders and allocation requests.  Do we know how many purchase orders and allocation requests they got from retailers and distributors?

On 4/3/2023 at 3:36 AM, mr_me said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gpYH5c6-nDU

This is their March 2022 video we were talking about.  The gameplay is towards the end.

Regarding the 2020 Amico Cornhole gameplay footage, while the kids may have been doing some acting, it doesn't mean they weren't playing Amico Cornhole.  And now that we know the first version of the game utilizes additional sensors in phones, it makes sense that the kids were favouring them so they can get higher accuracy in their throw.

Wait, THAT’S the video you’ve been referencing? The insane “unboxing” video that has been proven to be a scammy piece of garbage? The one that, after watching, links to “Amico Unboxing Deception?” You’ve got to be joking.

There is like 20 seconds of Cornhole footage there which never shows anyone actually setting up a shot, even though John says “We’re going to show you how it works” in that same video- right before in fact. Yes that footage is faked! Why is his controller off when he throws the bag? Why doesn’t he actually show what he literally just says he would? Because he’s a lying scumbag.

To use that video of proof of anything is like using fan fiction to argue about Star Trek.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

It was pointed out in the Startengine comments that patents should be described as pending.  The company responded admitting the mistake and that the page should be corrected.  It wasn't updated, the page was ultimately removed entirely. 

With the 100 thousand they usually include retailer/distributor purchase orders, the fine print said retailer/distributor purchase orders and allocation requests.  Do we know how many purchase orders and allocation requests they got from retailers and distributors?

The ratio of retail purchase orders to consumer preorders is about as relevant, today, as the ratio of Stanley Nickels to Schrute Bucks. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Wait, THAT’S the video you’ve been referencing? The insane “unboxing” video that has been proven to be a scammy piece of garbage? The one that, after watching, links to “Amico Unboxing Deception?” You’ve got to be joking.

There is like 20 seconds of Cornhole footage there which never shows anyone actually setting up a shot, even though John says “We’re going to show you how it works” in that same video- right before in fact. Yes that footage is faked! Why is his controller off when he throws the bag? Why doesn’t he actually show what he literally just says he would? Because he’s a lying scumbag.

To use that video of proof of anything is like using fan fiction to argue about Star Trek.

Yeah it basically just showed a static screen that explained how it should work.

That's why I pointed out the difference in how the controller was being held. It is literally acting like a button push.

If you notice they even have an icon showing where the power will be on the toss...

On a different note, who loved the banjo music in EWJ? I did. Tommy did really good with that....

IMG_5505.thumb.jpg.b8842f6b0932a6488d902ed59b6b2378.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

They used that exact same patent language in their Fundable campaign a year prior. StartEngine required careful review of the ad by Intellivision representatives to attest that all details were factually accurate before publishing. Listing two "patents" that didn't exist for two different fundraising approaches feels like more than just a subtle oversight.

Fundable:

image.thumb.png.7eff5d3863a8fc045bff5b028ae20d76.png

StartEngine:

image.thumb.png.881cca2c6534cf4a8c2676edeb9d87e1.png

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

I see no fine print on the Republic campaign, but the opening lines: "Over $25,000,000 in purchase and pre-orders. Over 100,000 units pre-sold to fans and retailers"

We know that wasn't true and it was deceptive to group them in that way, when only 5% of that figure could actually be considered pre-orders, and those pre-orders were less than half the actual purchase amount as $100 deposits so technically not even pre-orders.

No money would had been exchanged for any of their mentioned purchase orders or retail allocations. We also know Intellivision sent a press release out to media claiming 10,000 pre-orders when that was nearly twice the actual figure noted in SEC filings. To anaswer your question, we do not know how many purchase orders and allocation requests they received because the only source for those figures is Tommy himself and his remarks have been well established as embellishment.

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love the Parade song in Cool Spot that Tommy did. Totally not from Monopoly Dos game....

I think if this continues to happen, we will find that Tommy did very little music and just stood off the back of others who were more talented than him.

Standing on the shoulders of Mike Kennedy for Amico might have been a bad choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattPilz said:

They used that exact same patent language in their Fundable campaign a year prior. StartEngine required careful review of the ad by Intellivision representatives to attest that all details were factually accurate before publishing. Listing two "patents" that didn't exist for two different fundraising approaches feels like more than just a subtle oversight.

Fundable:

image.thumb.png.7eff5d3863a8fc045bff5b028ae20d76.png

StartEngine:

image.thumb.png.881cca2c6534cf4a8c2676edeb9d87e1.png

I see no fine print on the Republic campaign, but the opening lines: "Over $25,000,000 in purchase and pre-orders. Over 100,000 units pre-sold to fans and retailers"

We know that wasn't true and it was deceptive to group them in that way, when only 5% of that figure could actually be considered pre-orders, and those pre-orders were less than half the actual purchase amount as $100 deposits so technically not even pre-orders.

No money would had been exchanged for any of their mentioned purchase orders or retail allocations. We also know Intellivision sent a press release out to media claiming 10,000 pre-orders when that was nearly twice the actual figure noted in SEC filings. To anaswer your question, we do not know how many purchase orders and allocation requests they received because the only source for those figures is Tommy himself and his remarks have been well established as embellishment.

Fundable was the first time they were honest about OS, backend, and pack in games not being done despite it "totally being ready for 10/10/2020".

People tried to explain that those things were totally done, and those numbers on Fundable meant nothing.

Beep boop

• Like 1