IGNORED

Anyone care to check something for me. . . .

You do realize Kirk that growing as a person doesn't involve actual weight or height increase in this context? Usually there occurs an organic progression from toddler reactions like wanting everything all at once or turning into a floor amoeba when your demands are not met. Acknowledging other opinions, learning from mistakes or not being a fucking idiot are some of the things that are included in this growth. 

Though I'm sad to point out that no one has yet made an easy-to-use development tool coupled with an indexed guide for dummies for this. So allow me not to cross my fingers regarding your personal journey. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jeffythedragonslayer said:

If I get enough requests I may make a tutorial on setting up a dev environment.

I'll save you the effort...

1. Install msys2: https://www.msys2.org/

Make sure you either have or also get the gcc and make packages in msys2. If you're on Linux you can skip this step.

2. Clone or download this repo: https://github.com/Optiroc/libSFX

3. In msys2, navigate to the folder where the repo is, type make

4. Navigate to one of the examples in libsfx, type make - this is how you build a ROM.

That's all there is to it. Really it's one of the simplest dev environments I've ever had to set up. I thought about setting up a Docker container for the people out here saying they don't like setting up dev environments, but honesty I think setting up Docker is harder than installing libsfx.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

What the fuck lol

This is literally how my own dev environment is set up, so I really don't see how you get off telling me I'm not "genuinely trying to help". How this works between normal, civilized people is, you try to follow my instructions, and if you get stuck or confused, you politely ask for help, and then I follow that up with a response to help you figure it out.

I, the dude who has personally walked probably a dozen people through these steps, many of whom were children, don't need you, the Game Maker console warrior who has no intention of using any of the currently existent dev tools anyway, telling me what's helpful.

Also it's funny you talk about respect, you lost mine eons ago and keep finding new lows to stoop to regardless. I figured you might have second thoughts about your original reply that you decided to edit out, so I've attached it here as a screenshot for all to enjoy.

Screenshot_20231118-064930_Browser.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

14 minutes ago, KulorXL said:

What the fuck lol

This is literally how my own dev environment is set up, so I really don't see how you get off telling me I'm not "genuinely trying to help". How this works between normal, civilized people is, you try to follow my instructions, and if you get stuck or confused, you politely ask for help, and then I follow that up with a response to help you figure it out.

I, the dude who has personally walked probably a dozen people through these steps, many of whom were children, don't need you, the Game Maker console warrior who has no intention of using any of the currently existent dev tools anyway, telling me what's helpful.

Also it's funny you talk about respect, you lost mine eons ago and keep finding new lows to stoop to regardless. I figured you might have second thoughts about your original reply that you decided to edit out, so I've attached it here as a screenshot for all to enjoy.

What’s insane is that in steps 1 and 2, if you click the links, they layout the next steps perfectly. I am not a programmer but the process laid out seems pretty clear and straightforward.

What’s the problem, @Kirk_Johnston?

Edited by Austin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KulorXL said:

What the fuck lol

I figured you might have second thoughts about your original reply that you decided to edit out, so I've attached it here as a screenshot for all to enjoy.

Allow me to simplify Kirk's original post to something everyone can clearly understand...........

cry baby GIF

2 hours ago, Austin said:

What’s the problem, @Kirk_Johnston?

Correct, Kirk IS the problem. 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow @KulorXL good on you saving that for posterity, what a slimy pos pulling that stunt then editing it out.  Just like what was it, snes dev was it, his editing rights should be removed if that's how he's going to act, everyone should be able to enjoy it so the evidence can't be buried.

But to be fair, as awful as he is, he did bring you here and it has been genuinely good.  I think if you possibly could block out his mental image, the rest has been a solid stay here with people who don't act like enraged toddlers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

KirkMeltdown.thumb.png.48cb5c87fb5ecfb2a11e89353eab8440.png

Gonna reply to the original post here. You claim these instructions are only useful to programmers and not useful to non-programmers. Well didn't you claim earlier that when you worked at Rockstar you had to write C code for the level scripting stuff? Wouldn't that make you a programmer then? Shouldn't you be able to follow these instructions then?

Which is it? Are you lying now about not being a programmer or were you lying when discussing your resume and writing C code for Rockstar?

• Like 2

If the editing rights can't be modified for an individual user on this forum software, we need a bot-user that instantly replies and quotes Kirk after every of his posts. The Chronicler of Kirk would be my name suggestion for it. And if it was up to me, I'd have another bot that just replied "F### off", named A Friendly Reminder. 

Well look at you Kirk, you do inspire some of us to find solutions to problems after all! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wayler said:

If the editing rights can't be modified for an individual user on this forum software, we need a bot-user that instantly replies and quotes Kirk after every of his posts. The Chronicler of Kirk would be my name suggestion for it. And if it was up to me, I'd have another bot that just replied "F### off", named A Friendly Reminder. 

Well look at you Kirk, you do inspire some of us to find solutions to problems after all! 

You guys would laugh even harder, if you could see what I can, which is pages of editing for just this post.  Every iteration. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

5 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

You guys would laugh even harder, if you could see what I can, which is pages of editing for just this post.  Every iteration. 🤣

Actually, that's pretty impressive.  He was able to edit pages of text down to a nice "not with it."  Some editors would kill for that kind of concision.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Oh I know first hand what you're getting at having been in your position before with people this special.  It almost makes me wonder if that's a good reason this continues still as it's a free private comedy routine.