IGNORED

Anyone care to check something for me. . . .

1 hour ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Man, just imagine, if some of you guys spent as much time and energy as you do trolling my threads and actually put that into making something for SNES yourselves, even just posting some more interesting SNES topics in here if literally nothing else, how much you could achieve ...

I literally updated my Saturn FMV tools to allow for ADX Audio in Cinepak while this discussion was going on:

• Like 4

Just now, bent_pin said:

That's impressive, is that rendered on a saturn or some manner of video played on a saturn?

It's video playback. Basically the tool previously only worked for ADX audio when you were swapping audio from an existing video file that used ADX audio. I was able to figure out recently how the muxing worked for ADX audio though so now any Cinepak video can be encoded with ADX audio and played back on the Saturn provided the ADX playback libraries are available. Currently the only way we can do that is by injecting the files into games that used ADX Audio Cinepak. So in that video I encoded a Vocaloid concert video into Cinepak with ADX Audio and replaced the opening for Sakura Wars 2 with it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Meh... Kirk won't be impressed until you can do a faux version in Game Maker

How about this then. He loves to go on about clever and novel uses for different graphical modes, so here's a nice thing you can actually do with Saturn's interlaced resolution modes. I took a 16:9 Eurobeat meme I found on the internets and encoded it to Cinepak at 320x224 (4:3). I then use the Saturn's 320x448i Resolution to allow me to apply a 1.5x scale to the video thus restoring it to it's proper 16:9 aspect ratio. This lets you get the benefit of the correct aspect ratio while also having a higher vertical resolution for the video. The attached file should play on a real Saturn or Saturn emulator of your choice.

Raw Output:

RawOutput.png.1a716bf467532258a7f484f8e1beb8e0.png

Corrected for 4:3:

CorrectedAspect.thumb.png.d6126949a44bbc2c57c60d578f42d585.png

HotWheels.zip

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Man, just imagine, if some of you guys spent as much time and energy as you do trolling my threads and actually put that into making something for SNES yourselves, even just posting some more interesting SNES topics in here if literally nothing else, how much you could achieve ...

Much like you keep suggesting I should go actually program something for SNES directly myself, I think you could do something a lot more worthy with your precious time than make me the centre of your universe for however many hours per day.

Of course, that does not apply to the likes of TrekkiesUnite118 (hardcore Genesis fanboy troll) and Turoxray (hardcore PC Engine fanboy troll) for example, since, if you still haven't clicked yet, they have never even remotely had any intention of contributing anything positive to the SNES community, be it development related or otherwise. And if stalking me is how they choose to waste their days, so be it. I guess it makes them feel more relevant, and by extension maybe they think that means the systems they love suddenly are too. More power to them.

But some of you other guys are wasting precious hours, days, weeks of your life trolling my threads, when you could actually be more genuinely fulfilled and happy just celebrating whatever it is you love as much as I love SNES.

It's your choice though. Free will and all. :)

Nice… I was wondering how long before the “Man, you losers don’t have anything better to do than follow me”. Just throw in some homophobia and a “moms basement” comment and you’re all set up to be every troll we’ve had in the past 20 years.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Nice… I was wondering how long before the “Man, you losers don’t have anything better to do than follow me”. Just throw in some homophobia and a “moms basement” comment and you’re all set up to be every troll we’ve had in the past 20 years.

The fact Kirk thinks he is the "Centre of our universe" says a lot more about Kirk than any of us calling him out. 😛No Kirk, we are just happy to take a moment of precious time out of our day to call it as we see it, for the joy and satisfaction of calling out your bullshit and clearly it is getting to you to respond like that. We are quite fulfilled and happy to do it as well Kirk and let's be honest, without us your threads would be dead and you know it. Keep kidding yourself though because you're not fooling us. 😉

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

The fact Kirk thinks he is the "Centre of our universe" says a lot more about Kirk than any of us calling him out. 😛No Kirk, we are just happy to take a moment of precious time out of our day to call it as we see it, for the joy and satisfaction of calling out your bullshit and clearly it is getting to you to respond like that. We are quite fulfilled and happy to do it as well Kirk and let's be honest, without us your threads would be dead and you know it. Keep kidding yourself though because you're not fooling us. 😉

Yup, he's hardly impacting my day, spent it with my kid, starting with some horse(her) riding, followed by some food, netflix, and switch time -- yup I'm suffering, we all are surely because all our lives revolve around the kirkocentric world view.

54 minutes ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Is it 8K unique views?

I debated for a bit, did that deserve the sad face or the laughter.  Sad you were given that much attention just laughing at the fact these are the responses you have now with nowhere else to go when talking about stuff over your pay grade.

51 minutes ago, TrekkiesUnite118 said:

I wonder how much activity and interest a Saturn section could get...

Well I mean, would you mind:

- Gaslighting the shit out of us?
- Using Gamemaker to re-render Saturn games to no longer use quads because PS1 is inferior?

- Steal something turbo there made because f the PCE it's a threat with 2D gaming involved?

If not, I think it would just fizzle out because you probably lack the narcissistic tendencies to pull it off, sorry.  I guess you'll have to stick with just being damn good at making stuff like you've shown off so far work as well as it does.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TrekkiesUnite118 said:

I wonder how much activity and interest a Saturn section could get...

I could see a Saturn section doing pretty well. I wouldn't be surprised to find a lot of Atari fans enjoying the more arcade-focused library of the Saturn compared to the other 32-bit machines, and Saturn homebrew is in a pretty interesting place right now with a lot of development going on. N64 is picking up as well, but it doesn't have quite the same underdog-factor as the Saturn.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WavyGravy said:

I could see a Saturn section doing pretty well. I wouldn't be surprised to find a lot of Atari fans enjoying the more arcade-focused library of the Saturn compared to the other 32-bit machines, and Saturn homebrew is in a pretty interesting place right now with a lot of development going on. N64 is picking up as well, but it doesn't have quite the same underdog-factor as the Saturn.

It would be pretty funny if a Saturn section ended up getting more legitimate activity and discussion going on than the trainwreck Kirk has turned the SNES section into.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2023 at 1:33 AM, TrekkiesUnite118 said:

It was and it wasn't. Other than Virtua Racing there really wasn't a ton of mainstream 3D stuff on it. But the main point I'm getting at is that for Kirk the Genesis, and to a lesser extent the PC-Engine, aren't allowed to be better than the SNES at anything. Any new homebrew that shows off some advantage or cool trick those systems can pull off but the SNES might not be able to you can see him in the comments starting wars and throwing tantrums about it.

These threads and demos he keeps making aren't about actually making a cool game or helping the SNES homebrew community. They're simply about trying to prove that "The SNES is the bestest at every thing and no amount of stinky Genesis and PC-Engine homebrew can prove otherwise!". Which if he was actually making real SNES demos that would be one thing and we'd have more respect for him. He'd still be a petty child, but he'd at least have some skills and credit to back up his stuff. But that's not the case. His demos are game maker mock ups that are constantly being questioned on whether they could actually work on a real SNES.

He's nothing more than a 40+ year old manchild throwing a tantrum on the playground because another kid made him feel insecure about his favorite toy.

Whilst not exactly a ton of mainstream polygon 3D titles on the system, the likes of the following spring to mind... 

Blockout

Hard Drivin'
F-22 interceptor
LHX Attack Chopper
Abrams Battle Tank
F1 World Championship
ResQ (unreleased) 
Kawasaki Superbike Challenge/Kawasaki Superbikes
Red Zone
Star Cruiser 
Lawnmower Man
Corporation
F-117 Nightstorm 
Another World 
Steel Talons 
F-15 Strike 
Race Drivin'

Probably a few more i am forgetting, but the point is, development teams did at least put effort into doing 3D on the system, using some clever coding, seem to remember the 68000 and Z80 being used in tandem in some cases.. 

Frame rates weren't anything great, but fact is the people behind these made things happen, put games in the hands of consumers. 

They didn't haunt social media sites, throw hissy fits, act like absolute tools and blame others of trolling or stalking them (an excuse  a certain other feeble minded individual well known on here falls back on when his appalling behaviour is exposed).. 

They delivered. 

Not mock up nonsense, not speculation, even the unfinished stuff was running in real hardware. 

That's why people have sought them out to ask how results were achieved, Kirk by comparison wanders in the wilderness, but refuses to leave this site, as for now, he has a captive audience. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lostdragon said:

Whilst not exactly a ton of mainstream polygon 3D titles on the system, the likes of the following spring to mind... 

Blockout

Hard Drivin'
F-22 interceptor
LHX Attack Chopper
Abrams Battle Tank
F1 World Championship
ResQ (unreleased) 
Kawasaki Superbike Challenge/Kawasaki Superbikes
Red Zone
Star Cruiser 
Lawnmower Man
Corporation
F-117 Nightstorm 
Another World 
Steel Talons 
F-15 Strike 
Race Drivin'

Probably a few more i am forgetting, but the point is, development teams did at least put effort into doing 3D on the system, using some clever coding, seem to remember the 68000 and Z80 being used in tandem in some cases.. 

Frame rates weren't anything great, but fact is the people behind these made things happen, put games in the hands of consumers. 

They didn't haunt social media sites, throw hissy fits, act like absolute tools and blame others of trolling or stalking them (an excuse  a certain other feeble minded individual well known on here falls back on when his appalling behaviour is exposed).. 

They delivered. 

Not mock up nonsense, not speculation, even the unfinished stuff was running in real hardware. 

That's why people have sought them out to ask how results were achieved, Kirk by comparison wanders in the wilderness, but refuses to leave this site, as for now, he has a captive audience. 

And I continue to be inspired by Kirk.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Can Kirk be banned already? It's obvious he doesn't want to use this forum as a place for discussion. If he wants a safe space where he can dump all of his vids and block out any and all criticism he has his blog. He contributes nothing of value to this site outside of pages of migraine inducing nonsense.

38 minutes ago, jeffythedragonslayer said:

And I continue to be inspired by Kirk.

And I continue to be utterly confused at why. Have you been hypnotized by his paint-by-numbers lion avatar?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1