IGNORED

Anyone care to check something for me. . . .

@OldSchoolRetroGamer

Don't worry!  I'll still ignore ya!  😆

Users I have set to Ignore: Rob,  Corby, most Canadians, Spriggy, Old school people esp. retro gamers, People who don't like beer, New Yorkerz, Droll SNEZZers, Peeps who crash buffets (well only Eastern European Buffets), Led Zeppelin fans, people who say would OF,...

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

21 hours ago, Biff Burgertime said:

Actually, one of his threads getting locked might get him to fuck off. You'd think with all the stories we've heard about SNESdev, he'd have been banned from there, right?

(the forum - not the Discord where he was banned for threatening suicide and comparing himself to Near because people suggested he learn to program the SNES...).

He wasn't banned! Those guys are the most patient people I've ever seen, it's unbelievable. After many months of bullshit, they simply placed some restrictions on his account... and we all know how well Kirk reacts when someone tells him what to do...

image.thumb.png.d23de7cb4b62fb219282240cafc029fb.png

Except he created an alt account there (SNES AYE): 

image.thumb.png.c51fd8f153e4b76ad7c19698450cd4c3.png

Edited by turboxray
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

I'd love to see a SNESified version of it.

You mean 4 objects on screen with slow down? Because that's what you would have gotten back in the day. No need to SNESify a PCE game. SuperGrafx-ify it, since that would offer more than the SNES could.

I mean, totally off on a tangent from the main topic really, but still interesting to think about.

And by "interesting", you mean your attempt at "troll is as troll as does" hahaha.

...:)

smiley nose face guy mask hiding pain meme template : r ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

@OldSchoolRetroGamer

Don't worry!  I'll still ignore ya!  😆

Users I have set to Ignore: Rob,  Corby, most Canadians, Spriggy, Old school people esp. retro gamers, People who don't like beer, New Yorkerz, Droll SNEZZers, Peeps who crash buffets (well only Eastern European Buffets), Led Zeppelin fans, people who say would OF,...

Well, you're off to a bad start! 🤣

Also, 

The Breakfast Club John Bender GIF

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Mittens0407 said:

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/11/gears-of-rage-brings-mode-7-like-scaling-to-sega-genesis-mega-drive

Just saw this article posted a few hours ago, and what a surprise! Kirk slagging off the devs in the comments section:

Screenshot_20231116-101208.thumb.png.99fdcf165e812715f99349ca7f7115f1.png

I think the irony fairy had a stroke from reading that comment of Kirks...

Edited by TrekkiesUnite118
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mittens0407 said:

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/11/gears-of-rage-brings-mode-7-like-scaling-to-sega-genesis-mega-drive

Just saw this article posted a few hours ago, and what a surprise! Kirk slagging off the devs in the comments section:

Screenshot_20231116-101208.thumb.png.99fdcf165e812715f99349ca7f7115f1.png

My god, Kirk behaves like such a child......🙄

Will Ferrell Loser GIF

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 10:43 AM, turboxray said:

You mean 4 objects on screen with slow down? Because that's what you would have gotten back in the day. No need to SNESify a PCE game. SuperGrafx-ify it, since that would offer more than the SNES could.

And by "interesting", you mean your attempt at "troll is as troll as does" hahaha.

smiley nose face guy mask hiding pain meme template : r ...

You're still going to bring up the whole "SNES can't handle more than 4 sprites onscreen" nonsense?  I've already debunked that myth a billion times.

Edited by Aaendi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aaendi said:

You're still going to bring up the whole "SNES can't handle more than 4 sprites onscreen" nonsense?  I've already debunked that myth a billion times.

I've known you since you bragged about coming up with a "brand-new" compression scheme all by yourself (i.e. RLE), as DragonBoy. I know you've been so obsessed with this for the past 13 years, but if you take a step back for a minute (and maybe realized who you're actually quoting here).. you'd probably understand that was a "slant" against some of the SNES developers back in the day, not the hardware. Come on, now. It was literally the experience we got back in the day on the SNES. So my mark isn't that far off hahah.

But if you want to get technical with your comparisons here, you're clearly not a profession developer. I've seen snippets of your code. Unless you've miraculously changed, your stuff lacked design, modularization, etc - your stuff is full of literals and hardcoded things instead of standard/professional design (even lacking labels, using direct addresses). You write code like a rom hacker with no background in software engineering, and you've also been working on these same demos for like 10 years. That is NOT representative of a professional development environment or development cycle back in the day. I never once called you out on it, though, because your goal wasn't to be a professional software developer.. it's this obsession of pushing the SNES. And that's fine. Completely fine! But understand there's a difference between pushing the system without care or any sane coding standards, and actually developing code/engine/etc. There's a pretty big difference between hardcoding some literals or fixed code because you have years to spend tweaking it... and actually writing code/design (functions/data structures) that are strongly decoupled and allow pivoting of design during development. That stuff adds overhead, is slower in execution, etc - but with the trade-off that it's more flexible in design and refactoring/reuse (which was way more important to a development company and team back in the day... and still is today!). That's a side that rarely, even in the homebrew scene, that ever gets talked about. When talking about performance, etc - that context is important but is rarely in the discussion. And not once have I've ever seen you acknowledge this. Your focus has always been, performance in the context of "how can I push the system to extremes", and never what performance means in the context and perspective of professional software development BITD. 

Edited by turboxray
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, turboxray said:

I've known you since you bragged about coming up with a "brand-new" compression scheme all by yourself (i.e. RLE), as DragonBoy. I know you've been so obsessed with this for the past 13 years, but if you take a step back for a minute (and maybe realized who you're actually quoting here).. you'd probably understand that was a "slant" against some of the SNES developers back in the day, not the hardware. Come on, now. It was literally the experience we got back in the day on the SNES. So my mark isn't that far off hahah.

But if you want to get technical with your comparisons here, you're clearly not a profession developer. I've seen snippets of your code. Unless you've miraculously changed, your stuff lacked design, modularization, etc - your stuff is full of literals and hardcoded things instead of standard/professional design (even lacking labels, using direct addresses). You write code like a rom hacker with no background in software engineering, and you've also been working on these same demos for like 10 years. That is NOT representative of a professional development environment or development cycle back in the day. I never once called you out on it, though, because your goal wasn't to be a professional software developer.. it's this obsession of pushing the SNES. And that's fine. Completely fine! But understand there's a difference between pushing the system without care or any sane coding standards, and actually developing code/engine/etc. There's a pretty big difference between hardcoding some literals or fixed code because you have years to spend tweaking it... and actually writing code/design (functions/data structures) that are strongly decoupled and allow pivoting of design during development. That stuff adds overhead, is slower in execution, etc - but with the trade-off that it's more flexible in design and refactoring/reuse (which was way more important to a development company and team back in the day... and still is today!). That's a side that rarely, even in the homebrew scene, that ever gets talked about. When talking about performance, etc - that context is important but is rarely in the discussion. And not once have I've ever seen you acknowledge this. Your focus has always been, performance in the context of "how can I push the system to extremes", and never what performance means in the context and perspective of professional software development BITD. 

Okay, okay, okay.  A lot of my ASM code is sloppy and unorganized, and my homebrew game should've been finished a long time ago.  I get it.

2 hours ago, Aaendi said:

I assumed that was referencing how Super Adventure Island 1 and 2 are outperformed by the average NES game (especially Hudson's Adventure Island).

If Hudson had entrusted the same people who made those to port NAI it would have turned out worse than Dracula XX.

1 hour ago, Aaendi said:

Okay, okay, okay.  A lot of my ASM code is sloppy and unorganized, and my homebrew game should've been finished a long time ago.  I get it.

I'll tell you this, Aaendi, what you have created and are showing for SNES in this SNES sub-forum is a million miles better than anything I've seen from Turboxray on SNES in here thus far, which is literally nothing other than trolling and a lot of negative talk about SNES and a bunch of focus on PC Engine for some reason. And, remember this, real gamers don't get particularly obsessed with what's going on under the hood, but rather what they can actually see and play with their own eyes. There are plenty of great games with less than perfectly written but highly ambitious code holding them up, and plenty of crap games with nigh-perfect code shining in the darkness. And your game and what you are doing on SNES is beyond legit, especially for someone who I think is creating it all themselves. That's what the real SNES fans in this SNES sub-forum should be appreciating, encouraging and celebrating, rather than what we see from some people in here basically trying to diminish and/or personally attacking people who are actually trying to celebrate and support the SNES. So, from me at least, you get major kudos. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to seeing more. :)

Edited by Kirk_Johnston