IGNORED

THE BIG CHRISTMAS 2600+ GIVEAWAY COMPETITION!

Ben from Plaion

1. 7800 Desert Falcon cart with a full strategy guide.

2. Talk to the GCC guys and find out if they have a finished version of 7800 Millipede or not or anything else that might have remained unfinished / unreleased (if you need the contact info, I have it) 

3. 7800 Time Crisis Homebrew

4. All the 7800 "Dragon" homebrews

5. New 7800 versions of Time Pilot and Bosconian
6. Find some to finish Rescue On Fracalus for the 7800
7. Add 5200 / Atari 8-Bit (since you dump the carts anyway, games could be delivered on an Atari sized style cart, right?) 

• Like 4

@Dbug and other people proposed the release of a fixed edition of ET.

You can find 2013 fixed version with explanations here: http://www.neocomputer.org/projects/et/

That version introduced a little bug, fixed in 2018: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/207249-fixing-et-the-extra-terrestrial/?do=findComment&comment=4164467

I am glad many people liked my Pac-Man 8K proposal, I hope Atari licence isn't expired yet! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Atari 7800 - Reissue Commando and Ikari Warriors. Publish Asteroids Deluxe, Time Salvo  and Space Duel home brews
Atari 2600 - License and release the Supercharger games on larger carts and or special carts. The IP was owned by Epyx. Also, Galagon. Mappy and Scramble home brews
Atari 8bit - re-release the entire XEGS line and add Synapse library games such as Zeppelin and Fort Apocalypse

Atari ST - Re-rerelease the entire 520ST Super Pack of games of games 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, fultonbot said:

1. 7800 Desert Falcon cart with a full strategy guide.

2. Talk to the GCC guys and find out if they have a finished version of 7800 Millipede or not or anything else that might have remained unfinished / unreleased (if you need the contact info, I have it) 

3. 7800 Time Crisis Homebrew

4. All the 7800 "Dragon" homebrews

5. New 7800 versions of Time Pilot and Bosconian
6. Find some to finish Rescue On Fracalus for the 7800
7. Add 5200 / Atari 8-Bit (since you dump the carts anyway, games could be delivered on an Atari sized style cart, right?) 

Yes, 7800 games!!!

1 hour ago, Philsan said:

I am glad many people liked my Pac-Man 8K proposal, I hope Atari licence isn't expired yet! 🙂

It expired, like, 30 years ago at the LATEST.

In cases like that, I just wanna see the 2600+ support homebrew and harmony carts more.

You could get a custom repro, but commercial sales of Namco, Sega, SNK, or Midway/Williams games is gonna be way more cost than potential ROI... assuming they actually agree to anything.

IMO the best option in those cases (if they do go through with it) would be to just make legally distinct games with the same gameplay as the "proper" ones. 

21 minutes ago, Warboss Gegguz said:

It expired, like, 30 years ago at the LATEST.

IMO the best option in those cases (if they do go through with it) would be to just make legally distinct games with the same gameplay as the "proper" ones. 

I propose the following: Pinch-Manos! where your goal is to navigate the disembodied hand around and squeeze every evenly-spaced grape distributed in the non-infringing maze.

The subtitle "The Hand of Grapes" is completely optional but encouraged.

pinch-manos.thumb.jpg.11196c62f337eb2179d9749cba73fe02.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Emehr said:

I propose the following: Pinch-Manos! where your goal is to navigate the disembodied hand around and squeeze every evenly-spaced grape distributed in the non-infringing maze.

Beautiful

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Emehr said:

I think that was a movie.  Manos: The Hands of Grapes

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

With Mr Run and Jump a new game was made for modern platforms and the 2600, with them having a crossover, level and gameplay wise. This I thought was very cool.

I would like to see a series of both original IP and remakes released on modern platforms and the 2600 in the same way. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Emehr said:

I'm tempted to send you a DM to make this a reality!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emehr said:

Could we not subtitle it The Wrath of Grapes? @Ben from Plaion

1 hour ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I'm tempted to send you a DM to make this a reality!

:D I would welcome that if you decide to! I actually wrote more to the pitch after I posted and added an aggressor. Gotta have an aggressor! Or four of them :ponder:

pinch-manosaggressor.thumb.jpg.00cb5390a601402a001d263df786593d.jpg

• Like 1

I’d like to see a multi cart with all the swordquest games and restart the contest or start over. I believe it was ended due to financial difficulties at Atari, but it would be great to see it through.

if they’re going to make pitfall 2 work on the 2600+, make it have the extra level like the 5200 had.

An enhanced version of xenophobe for the 7800 would be cool. Also tempest for the 7800.

If they could get access to the titles and multi cart with the Activision titles.

Some other random thoughts, gas, hog, tapper, spacemaster x7, the Earth dies screaming, turmoil, Ghostbusters two that you can actually finish.

There’s other games like wall ball that may be a lot of people haven’t played, but it’s pretty good.

But I would really like to see a cartridge that you could load a single rom on it and it would play in the 2600+. For now it could be a 26 or 7800 rom, but it would be great. If eventually it could play 5200 titles as well.

• Like 2

My Favorite 2600 game is Space Invaders.  I would love to see a re-release maybe with a few extra features/enhancements but still stay faithful to the original version.  This cartridge was my childhood and I'd love to see it get the attention it deserves for it's place in Video Game History.

• Like 4

My favorite game for the Atari 2600 is Defender. Maybe a Defender 3 game that is compatible with the 7800 would be really cool. It could have you defending planets with different scenery, different looking inhabitants and different alien invaders. Could call it Defender of The Galaxy or something like that. Maybe you could use the level select switch/button to pick which planet you wanted to defend rather than having to travel to each planet in order. If the graphics were kept fairly simple, but detailed enough that you could tell each planet alien and ship apart, it would be super cool!  

• Like 6

I would love to see Homebrew games running on the 2600+. Mostly for the 7800. I have Popeye, Pac man Collection, KC Munchkin and Jr pac Man.... plus More all ready to go. 
Also.. some way to make the Atari Vox work with the games. It DOES play the chime and speaks "AtariVOX" but doesn't work with the games. It's probably really hard to get that working because of how the games load up, but it would be super cool if that worked. 

Edited by captcapcom
  • Like 3

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see any 7800 releases anytime soon; I would think any new cart releases will be 2600-compatible so that all the folks with an older machine can run them too.  There are far more older 2600s than 7800s being actively used. And I can't see any releases of software from other companies.  I'd love to see a multicart of old Parker Brothers or Imagic games, but the copyrights for those games would be rather difficult and/or expensive to nail down.

I suspect that we'll see updates of classic 2600 Atari games, and maybe some of the better 2600 homebrews that don't infringe on any copyrighted material from non-Atari companies.  I think what they did with Berzerk was great, and Mr Run and Jump is getting a lot of positive reviews.  Those are the sort of releases I would expect to see in the future.

Is there no love for Starship? It needs a remake. I loved that in the arcade. Actually, most of the time I saw it, it was by itself with no others machines around.

Also there is the 2600 Space War. Does Atari own rights to that, or is it Cinematronics? I don't see anything in its manual. That could use a remake as well.

Edited by atwwong
Added more thoughts.
  • Like 1