IGNORED

Crazy Climber & Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Pitfall Harry

THE CRADLE = RED CHALET = THREE CLAD = ELDER CHAT

Hmm...

I may never figure out this puzzle but at least it's improving my ability to work anagrams (and to convert binary numbers to base-10)!

[ 05-17-2002: Message edited by: room34 ]

ok.. DUH! moment... I have been looking back at the posts.. and the pages and pages of work so far on this and just put togather that I think the "hiroglyphs" are on the irght track.. you said that you turned the map 90 degrees???? in the braille clue.. the first two letters of turning are turned 90 degrees... and here I am thinking of all the other things it could mean... like the roses are red/voilets blue.. was referring to the colors that need to me eleminated to clearly see some of the other things in the map.....

Ben..... I salute you again!!!!! now.. back to this mystic and the new words of wisdom...

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

How does the Jar - Turner - Notes - Harry to H

The last H is a ?.

Now it's a question, but I don't understand it too. Jar Turner could be RAJ (the diamond in Pitfall II).

Some people think it's an anagram, so we jhave to resort the text.

Are you shure, that the last Braille is a "?"? For me it looks like a H.

Ok, now I have see, that the "?" looks like a "h".

code:

+-+-+-+ + +-+-+ + +-+-+ +-+-+

| | | | | | | |

+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ +

+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+ + + +-+ +-+-+-+

| | | | | | | | |

+-+ + + +-+-+ +-+-+ +-+ +-+-+-+

Here an other I found:

code:

+

|

+-+

There are 13 I think. I think that each stand for one letter. So its a text.

[ 05-18-2002: Message edited by: MattyXB ]

quote:

Originally posted by Pitfall Harry:

How would you write a
?
using Braille dots?

Ben

Hot Braille

here you can enter the ? and h and see, that they near the same. Only that the h is at the top, and the ? at the bottom.

With this site I have too translate it.

All Braille letters

But if you have not know it, then it must be a H. Or will you confuse us?

Journeyman: I have given it much thought, and I have come to one inescapable conclusion.

Mystic: And what might that be, Avatar?

Journeyman: You are no great seer.

Mystic: I see.

Journeyman: You speak in riddles. Every answer opens a mystery darker than the one before.

Mystic: The answer lies south of the border. The journey starts somewhere within.

Journeyman: Now, that's exactly what I mean! If you know so much, why is it you can you never say anything in black and white? Why must your every word be cradled in shades of grey? I think you are a fraud...the blind leading the blind.

Mystic: What kind of mystic would I be if I gave you everything in black and white? Would you rather your quest be as easy as twisting open a jar? Complexity is what makes life worth living. It is in struggling through its greatest challenges where we find its most satisfying rewards.

Journeyman: Thanks for the advice, O Knowledegable One. I get better tips from Pitfall Harry.

Mystic: You have learned so much, Avatar. Surely, my work here is done.

Ben

Right now I'm not going to reveal the second question, but needless to say, the info it requires to find IS available within this thread.

As to the Braille 'h' versus '?', of course it's a question mark. Pay attention to the spacing!

As to the code I kept mentioning, look back a ways for details on how to find it. I finally figured out what Thomas meant about it. It's basically a clue as to how to find the Braille question, which means it's essentially useless now that pretty much everyone knows how to find the Braille code (unless of course there's a second function for it).

quote:

Originally posted by Russ Perry Jr:

Right now I'm not going to reveal the second question, but needless to say, the info it requires to find IS available within this thread.

There is so much speciulation in this thread, so I don't think your tip will help a lot.

I only wanted to know where the second question is. I bet, you decoded the number code. Am I right?

As to the code I kept mentioning, look back a ways for details on how to find it.  I finally figured out what Thomas meant about it.  It's basically a clue as to how to find the Braille question, which means it's essentially useless now that pretty much everyone knows how to find the Braille code (unless of course there's a second function for it).

Did you recognize the one word I asked for? I know it won't help any more, because we already found the Braille code, but I'm currious.

BTW: Why is Ben saying Avatar more than once now? Could this be another hint?

Thomas wrote:

quote:

I only wanted to know where the second question is. I bet, you decoded the number code. Am I right?

Actually no, I decoded the boxes along the left & top border. I was definitely working on the number clues, but nothing was working out right. I'm still not sure what to do with that one, though unless I'm forgetting something, it strikes me that either the right tree clue, and/or the crypt clue, and/or the "grey ink" clue have to apply to it? I just can't find a way to get it to work as of yet.

quote:

Did you recognize the one word I asked for? I know it won't help any more, because we already found the Braille code, but I'm currious.

Oh! You know, I didn't even understand your question when you posted it, and I never thought to ask what you meant. The word is "blazes"; the phrase "blaze a trail" is sort of a euphemism for travel, pass (implies speed and/or making a new path I believe, though in this context that meaning isn't important).

quote:

BTW: Why is Ben saying Avatar more than once now? Could this be another hint?

Everything he says has the potential to be a hint; exactly what words/phrase will help is extremely unknown right now. :-)

quote:

Originally posted by Russ Perry Jr:

Actually no, I decoded the boxes along the left & top border.

Congratulations!

So there is the third question hidden there and we have found them all three now.

I'll still haven't got any further than recognizing the sequences and the maximum distances between two values.

I hope that's didn't help you to much.

I was so stupid (again!)!

My statistical approach must have confused me totally. At least the two sequence theory wasn't completely wrong.

Now I have the box code question too.

Russ, how is the count going? I guess the answer is the key.

Update: No, it wasn't the key. Now I know the first answer!

[ 05-19-2002: Message edited by: Thomas Jentzsch ]

I must have miss something, can't find any question. Can someone give me a hint. I have read near all posts here and have found nothing.

So I think the numbers are a question. They end with a ?.

Is the Braille too a question? The last can be a ? too.

And maybe the Box code?

Don't know how to read this Box code? Must I use for each box a diffrent letter? Or are these Boxes letters?

Or the boxes in the left and top?

Please help me someone? I think I get lost here in this topic.

PS: Can't read this left tree to not. But someone has post it here already. But I wish too how to read it. I don't understand it.

[ 05-19-2002: Message edited by: MattyXB ]