IGNORED

Crazy Climber & Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Pitfall Harry

Thomas wrote:

quote:

My statistical approach must have confused me totally. At least the two sequence theory wasn't completely wrong.

While that may be true, I guess I'm not sure how it was helpful...

quote:

Now I have the box code question too.

Russ, how is the count going? I guess the answer is the key.

I haven't tried to start counting yet actually; may do that now/soon though.

quote:

Update: No, it wasn't the key. Now I know the first answer!

I assume you mean that you have this one (box code) answered? Not sure what you mean by "wasn't the key", but that's okay.

Matty wrote:

quote:

I must have miss something, can't find any question. Can someone give me a hint. I have read near all posts here and have found nothing.

I don't know, I think there's been lots of great help posted. The things I got stuck on eventually resolved, either with more trying and/or more reading. I'm sure it'll be the case for you too.

quote:

So I think the numbers are a question. They end with a ?.

Yep. Funny though; when I first found the numbers (finally!), I didn't notice that the question mark was extra (duh!). I also didn't get "gaps" inside the digits at the resolution I was at, so I couldn't tell '0's from '8's. I was wondering why there was a '00', but then later, at a different resolution, it became '08' and then it made more sense.

quote:

Is the Braille too a question? The last can be a ? too.

Absolutely. It IS a '?'. See my comment on spacing earlier in the thread...

quote:

And maybe the Box code?

As another hint, yes, there's definitely a question mark in the box code.

quote:

Don't know how to read this Box code? Must I use for each box a diffrent letter? Or are these Boxes letters?

Or the boxes in the left and top?

I think I muddied the waters a bit here when I started referring to the "box code" that I'd found... So let's go over it:

Along the left and top border there are boxes. This is the question Thomas & I have deciphered.

In the middle of the map is another bit of boxes, bigger, but not really a code despite what I was saying (they DID remind me of a cypher/code I knew as a child, though not exactly, and it turns out that was a red herring). This, it turns out, is a hint meant to allow you to find the Braille code, which we'd already found out. Thomas, earlier in the thread, essentially tells you how to see it for what it is once you've found it.

quote:

Please help me someone? I think I get lost here in this topic.

It's rough trying to figure out how much to give away though... I've gotten some good hints here from others, whether or not I've found or figured out what I'd seen, yet I think we're all a little scared to give away too much...

quote:

PS: Can't read this left tree to not. But someone has post it here already. But I wish too how to read it. I don't understand it.

Thomas explained this one for the most part, but here it is again... There is not only some dots in the treetop, but also above it. Basically, it's a row of dots four pixels high. Now, if you take the top two rows of dots and put them under the lower two rows, and reduce both to black & white the right way, you'll notice that they actually form letters, which form a clue.

Anyway, hope that helps, but not too much.

Wow, thanks, now I finally can read the text at the left tree. Thanks, I have not understand it before so good. Now I understand it and can read it.

Yes, its a log, not a KG.

Thanks for your help. I hope I find out the others questions too. So I must see the boxes at the left and top, the Box code, the Braille, and the numbers. The Braille I finally solve. Must only see what it mean.

Have now try the box code in the middle, can't read all good, here what I get:

A clue eneobeb

in Braille

blazes a

subterranean

Trail

The letters in Bold are right I think, the others I don't know in the moment.

[ 05-19-2002: Message edited by: MattyXB ]

quote:

Originally posted by Russ Perry Jr:

Thomas wrote:

I assume you mean that you have this one (box code) answered? Not sure what you mean by "wasn't the key", but that's okay.

I thought the position of the key could be the answer to the "box code question", but it's far off.

If you don't want to count yourself, you should write a litte program. That's what I did and it reduces the chance of error significantly.

While that may be true, I guess I'm not sure how it was helpful...

If you have another look at your decoding, you will know why there are two sequences. And with that knowledge, decoding was a bit easier too. Can't say more, somebody might be listening...

BTW: Does Pitfall Harry have a surname? Or any other person involved in the Pitfall! games?

[ 05-19-2002: Message edited by: Thomas Jentzsch ]

Thanks. now I have solve the Boxcode in the middle too. Try to find now the Boxes at the left and top. But that is very hard I think.

Need I the 00001111 or the number 17 to solve it?

Or is there an total other way to solve these boxes?

I think this is with the number box the last riddle I need.

Must only know too how to read the Braille text right.

Maybe I found it out, but I think not.

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

I think this is with the number box the last riddle I need.

Must only know too how to read the Braille text right.

Russ and I (and maybe somebody more quiet than us?) are just one step ahead of you.

BTW: Have we already beaten the record for the longest thread?

A message from Pitfall Harry, the elder...

elderchat.png

- A mystic

For those of you who may have seen this post before I edited it to include this text in italics, please be aware that I edited it. It is now correct and won't be modified again. I apologize for the confusion.

Ben

[ 05-19-2002: Message edited by: Pitfall Harry ]

quote:

Originally posted by Pitfall Harry:

A message from Pitfall Harry, the elder...

Now he is trying to confuse me again. I must be very close to the solution.

But this time my confusion didn't last very long. I deciphered it already! (had to search the web for an acronym)

But I think, the very right pattern is wrong (?->!). But that doesn't matter to me.

[ 05-20-2002: Message edited by: Thomas Jentzsch ]

There was an error, and I fixed it. What appears in italics below the horizontal line is for the benefit of anyone who may have seen the clue before I fixed it. They would need to take another look at it and consider it in its fixed form.

If you never saw what I had posted before the italicized comment was added, then what appears in italics can be completely disregarded. It is NOT part of the clue.

And no, the red and blue dots are not a correction to the Pitfall! Map. It is an additional clue.

Ben

[ 05-20-2002: Message edited by: Pitfall Harry ]

Argg, I can't read it. I have flip it everywere and spin it, but I can't read it. What have I done wrong.

Red and Blue, sometimes I see letters, but then other not work.

I get :

H Q

Y S R

K N F

T W F

B O

But I think this is wrong.

I think I will quit soon this contest. I get nothing importent anymore.

But it was fun at all.

[ 05-20-2002: Message edited by: MattyXB ]

quote:

Red and Blue, sometimes I see letters, but then other not work.

For Matthias only:

Die Muster sind nicht umsonst in zwei unterschiedlichen Farben. Überleg' mal welche Buchstaben Sinn machen könnten und welche nicht. Dann kommst du auch drauf.

Yes, I see that there are 2 colors. But what I do I have nothing.

code:

HJ Q

Y S RW

K SZ DJ

T RW DJ

B O

Thats all what I get. If 2 letters together it mean that its only one from them. And I see nothing again.

Sorry I am to old for that.

I think I read it wrong.

PS: Or wait, I will try something.

I have an idea.

It work, now I see it. I must very blind.

Not easy but great work. It was hard. Maybe it will help me for other clues in the map.

[ 05-20-2002: Message edited by: MattyXB ]

quote:

Maybe it will help me for other clues in the map.

I'm not sure. This could be the hint for the log/trio sentence.

I think Ben doesn't syncronize his hints to what we have got already.

The new hint doesn't help me to the answer the Braille question. And I haven't found any way how it could help decoding the numbers too.

But you have solve the boxes left & top. How can I read them?

Need I the binary code like:

00001111 (only example)

or need I the numbers like:

17 (only example)

I have try many, and can't see anything. So many numbers, how can you read there something?

I have try to put them together, watch hours the numbers, nothing. Maybe you can give me a hint?

For the record, when someone does *finally* figure this out and win, I expect someone - ANYONE - to post the questions, where they were located, how they were translated, and the answers. Those of us who gave up/ran out of time/are too far behind would love to know how the winner finally achieved the right answers!

quote:

Originally posted by Pitfall Harry:

I have complete solutions at the ready to post when this has all ended. But yes, I would like to know how the winner put it all together too.

Gave up because you're too far behind? I never expected this to be solved in a day.

Ben

Great, can't wait to see it.

But we must wait till december.

I like too, to see a map without anything, only the clues.

Good luck to all who have found 1 - 3 questions, and can answer it. I have only found the Braille and I think I must resorting it. But thats hard.

Maybe I found more, but I don't think so. So I am very interesting to see the answers of all clues.

Oh.. that was me hitting my head against my desk... I am getting frustrated.. I have made no progress today.. GRRRRRRR.... I am still at the point where I am turning the map 90 degrees to see what else.. (from the turning/jar clue)... what am I missing?? hmmmm.