IGNORED

Crazy Climber & Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Pitfall Harry

This is the FIRST time I actually sat down and read this whole contest. And although I'm not even a contestant, I'm willing to take a stab at an answer.

I don't care about winning those two carts either, so it doesn't matter if I'm wrong either (which I likely am, since this contest is so dam complex).

clue 1:

"The answer lies south of the border"

clue 2:

"The journey starts somewhere within"

Well if the journey starts somewhere within, I'd say it starts in MY STOMACH

Answer 1: MY STOMACH

And what lies south of the border that could feed my hunger? TACO JOHN'S

Answer 2: TACO JOHN'S

But I figure that these two answers are so simplistic, that they couldn't possibly be the correct answer with all this color and braille stuff floating around.

But then again, Pitfall Harry said the answer would stare you in the face.

Answer 3: YOU

Mystic: Did you go see Anna Graham?

Harry Jr.: Yes.

Mystic: And did she notice the slightly out of place character in the message from your father?

Harry Jr.: Do you mean the message with the blue and red dots on a grey field... the one you handed to me in an envelope annotated with the same elderchat.png filename you used when you later posted it on the AtariAge message board?

Mystic: Yes. That's the one.

Harry Jr.: Yes, she did. She reasoned that the final character in the message was purposely shifted out of place by my father to create a positional ambiguity which might confuse potential interceptors of the message. It turned out not to be a punctuation mark afterall, but rather a single letter of the alphabet. Once she realized that, her powers of anagam recognition enabled her to instantly unscramble the true meaning of the message.

Mystic: Geepers, she's really smart.

Harry Jr.: Yeah.

Ben

I thought I was onto something last night.. about 2 am.. but I fell asleep and lost it. (and my wife kicked my butt for staying up with my "stupid crap").. I need to hide from her better... lol.. hmmmmmm..I feel like I am so close... but I still can't see.. GRRRR

Iguana: Mystic I have a question for you

Mystic: What is it my son?

Iguana: What is black and blue and red all over?

Mystic: I do not understand my son.

Iguana: Your body if you do not stop seaking inthese riddles. try this in for size.(Iguana pulls ot a "mystical" hand gun and starts fragging the mystic) Ha! try reading these dots!!

Mystic: But my son, life is but a game.

"I would like to say this is only a mental breakdown and in no way should be construed as a threat to Pitfall Harry or his excellent contest!"

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Jentzsch:

Thanks for the last tip, Ben.

While having a long hot bath, I could solve my first anagram.

I swear, I have already checked this place, but without success. Maybe I should look other similar places.

Update: I finally decoded the number code!

One more to go...

BTW: Don't think to twisted for this! There is only on little thing, that you have to do, before you decode.

Wow, man... I've been totally lost recently. I don't get the red/blue thing (anagram or not)... I don't get why Anna = Cathy... And thought the Mystic et al have been very verbose, little is sinking in.

(BTW Ben, did you prepare these dialogues ahead of time, or are you making them up as you go along?)

So it's not "...RA ?" but "...RAH" ? Hmm...

RA made perfect sense to me. That's a right angled one which reverses the picture.

So finally this should be another anagram. My "powers of anagram recognition" are very weak. "HARRY" maybe and something else.

Did anybody find a solution already?

Congartulation Thomas. So you have all 3 questions? Or do you miss the Braille one?

So you win, I have no idea anymore.

Good luck Thomas.

PS: If you not collect Atari 2600 VCS games Thomas, I know a guy who you can sold your price.

Finding three questions is not the same thing as having found three answers. I will announce at once as soon as somebody has solved all three to claim First Prize.

Keep in mind that Second Prize is quite valuable, too, and certainly worth fighting for IF and When First Prize has finally been won.

Ben

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

Congartulation Thomas. So you have all 3 questions? Or do you miss the Braille one?

I think, I have two questions and one or two correct answers (Ben knows ).

The Braille question seems to be another anagram which I'm still trying to solve.

PS: If you not collect Atari 2600 VCS games Thomas, I know a guy who you can sold your price.            

You are not the first one to ask, and probably not the last.

But until now, I haven't won anything.

GRRRRR....I feel like I am at sq one again.. noe of it is making sense.. I have gone over all the clues and everything in the post here.. and as far as I can see.. I can only see maybe two questions.. (reb/blue braille.. and numbers) and I still haven't gotten them.. (unless the first braille is the first question... which again... lost on me)... I keep waiting for that glimmer of light that points it all togather (like those dumb hidden picture things).. "Why can't I see the sailboat!!"

Anybody here who solved the Braille question/anagram?

After having decripted the two other questions, I still have some clues left:

1. the Braille encoded question

2. the resorting poem

3. the Braille clue

4. the ring inside the "!"

5. the key at 82

#1, #2 and #3 belong together, that's where I'm quite sure. But how #3 and #4 might help here, I don't know.

Since the two other questions did not need those clues, I think they are either worthless (which I don't believe) or neccessary to solve the question in #1.

I thought I had the Braille question anagrammed properly, but I can't find an answer to the question I think it's asking, so that would seem to indicate that it is NOT in fact correct. I did find a second anagram that makes a sensible question, but again, no answer.

Still no time to look more at the red/blue, but it still means nothing to me. Ugh.