IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

4 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Agreed that the Amico business model,  If it had come to pass, was different.

As far as singling you out,  well,  I think it was more that you come across as one who still sees this as a viable option,  that Amico may someday release;  And for better or worse it (at very least) Appears that you are ignoring some bad behavior...

Suppose I ask the questions directly,

1)  Would you say Amico is now a scam?  (Whether or not that was the initial intent)  

2)  Would you agree that Tommy knowingly lied multiple times about multiple things when it came to this console?

3)  Is it OK that they (Amico Fanboys) were threatening to show pics of his (Mr. Beefy's) kiddo just to get him to stop asking  unflattering questions?

Answer if you wish.

From the beginning I had never known if this product was viable, if there's a market for it as they talked about. I would have liked to find out.  As far as it someday releasing, the company effectively went bankrupt last year.  Companies can rebuild themselves, even from bankruptcy, and while I'm not expecting anything, I certainly hope they do.  

Not sure what you think I'm ignoring or how you would know, no matter, the first question is a good one.  I'd say that it very well could be.  We'd need more information to know better.  The second question is not very good.  One could answer yes if there were two inconsequential instances.  We all know the reality, even the Amico fans livestream panel have talked about it.  And I've already made several comments on the multiple examples brought up earlier in this thread.  The third question, with all due respect, is just plain insulting.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

“Digital games is the most cost effective way”

Sure, for the people doing the delivering. Why do so many downloadable new games still cost 50-60 dollars? You dont own them and can not resell them. 

There are downloadable video games that sell for a few dollars or less, they could never sell for that price distributed physically.  There are also video games that take many years to develop, with dozens of people working on them, costing publishers in excess of fifty million dollars.  If you're asking why has the same downloaded games sold for the same price as the physical edition.  It's likely due to agreements negotiated with retailers.

The ability to resell downloaded software could easily be permitted.  Or it could be similarly restricted with those physically distributed.  That's up to the publishers.  As far as ownership of physical games, check the eula.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Server upkeep is a cost people don't consider. There is a reason IE didn't have their servers ready (i.e. Fundable). They blew their money.

Yeah, you need a certain economy of scale to keep an online storefront economically viable. That's not much of a problem to the Big Three, Valve, Google, Apple and the like but a lot of the smaller players in the market struggle to get the volume.

Also the unit cost of most physical media is measured in cents these days. The bigger problem with physical media has always been knowing how many of them to make so you don't end up with a warehouse full that you've practically got to give away.

Certainly, for the scale they're operating on, Evercade cartridges make a lot more sense than an online store would have done for the Amico.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I know of Cathedral but what are the other two? And what is the console exclusive? (not doubting you, just curious)

Fairy Fire and Hummingz are the other native games, and NNNNNN has the Evercade mascot Cadey as the player character so at least it is a unique version. It looks like a different rom is available for play on a real NES or emulator.

Other exclusive content:

- Micro Mages second quest, which is a physical exclusive on Evercade and was debuted on Evercade, though they’ve since made the rom available elsewhere

- Quest Arrest is a special exclusive Game Boy Color version of the game

- as far as I can tell the Gaelco games have never been released on any platform other than Evercade

- Mappy Kids got an English translation and the first release ever outside Japan

- Breath of Fire has a custom font that is a lot more pleasant to read
- More games that were previously untranslated are coming this year

- probably something else I’m forgetting.

So it’s definitely not just roms on carts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, mr_me said:

Companies can rebuild themselves, even from bankruptcy, and while I'm not expecting anything, I certainly hope they do. 

After everything that's been revealed, you hope Amico releases and rebuilds themselves. So, you're a terrible person who supports liars and scammers. Established. No reasonable adults should be wishing Tommy success after the extent of his lies and manipulation became clear.

The second question is not very good.

He asked if you agree Tommy lied. It's a fine question. You're a tool.

One could answer yes if there were two inconsequential instances.

This not a full, English, sentence. It is not a complete thought. Tommy's lies have been documented over, and over, and over again. Dodging this question is EMBARRASSING.

The third question, with all due respect, is just plain insulting

Everything you write insults me. It is a completely fair question, one that you just dodged because it's difficult to answer. Here, look at this quote from you from like a day ago:

This comment is a complete personal mischaracterisation of a forum user, personal attacks like this rather than addressing the subject of discussion are very inappropriate.

This is your stance. Personal attacks and mischaracterizations of forum users is not okay right? So why in the mega-thread do I not see you coming to Mr. Beefy's defense? Pat's defense? Kevtris? Because you're a bad person, you do not write in good faith, and you're a liar.
Honestly? You're one of the worst blights on the internet I've encountered since 1995. But the people like GoldLeader, who keep patting your head and encouraging you, keep saying "well he's never actually broken rules" are worse. The amount of enablement you receive here is insane. You are feeling singled out and harassed because that's called self-policing.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Fairy Fire and Hummingz are the other native games

They are in the latest cart, right?

27 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

- Mappy Kids got an English translation and the first release ever outside Japan

To be honest I would have preferred it stayed in Japan because I found it absolutely terrible. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zapzapzac said:

This is your stance. Personal attacks and mischaracterizations of forum users is not okay right? So why in the mega-thread do I not see you coming to Mr. Beefy's defense? Pat's defense? Kevtris? Because you're a bad person, you do not write in good faith, and you're a liar.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Attacking people is okay if they had been deemed by Tommy as deserving it. It's cult mentality, and why isn't is so sociological interesting to see he can't say he disapproves of certain behaviors when it is against someone he was told to dislike. Truth is he doesn't disapprove of the child exploitation of my kid. I'm not lying and if he doesn't like being called out on it, he has the ability to change that. He actually has stated that I specifically should not attack anyone. Yet never once said that in the years of attacks towards others who just wanted to discuss the console and not just swallow the tripe a salesman was shoving in our face. 

I'd recommend just muting. He doesn't know what he's talking about or lies. I mean he can't even accept they don't have FCC certs which is easily done with a simple search.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zapzapzac said:

Honestly? You're one of the worst blights on the internet I've encountered since 1995. But the people like GoldLeader, who keep patting your head and encouraging you, keep saying "well he's never actually broken rules" are worse. The amount of enablement you receive here is insane. You are feeling singled out and harassed because that's called self-policing.

So I'm an enabler now? (haha)

I believe mr_me has a right to have his own opinion.  In a free society we have freedom of speech.  I'm not going to tell him how to think.  I asked the questions to him directly.  I gave him the chance to provide his opinion,  not yours, nor mine, nor Mr Beefy's...(Especially as we likely agree on all the answers anyway).

I gave him the rope,  if he chose to hang himself with it, that's on him.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

I believe mr_me has a right to have his own opinion.  In a free society we have freedom of speech.  I'm not going to tell him how to think.  I asked the questions to him directly.  I gave him the chance to provide his opinion,  not yours, nor mine, nor Mr Beefy's...(Especially as we likely agree on all the answers anyway).

Yep.  Gonna have to change username to GoldEnabler.   Looks kinda similar.  

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

I agree.

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

Yep.  Gonna have to change username to GoldEnabler.   Looks kinda similar.  

Oh holy crap I've seen GoldEnabler in a movie before! That's why he seemed familiar. I even found the clip he was in!

ezgif.com-gif-maker.thumb.gif.3c05166b092cfefee96381008a16ec1c.gif

20230128_1328582.gif

Edited by MrBeefy
Loop the gif...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

..I mean he can't even accept they don't have FCC certs which is easily done with a simple search.

This as clear and obvious trolling you can have.  Suggesting something that wasn't said in order to provoke a response.  Nothing subtle about it.

53 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

What does everyone think about the official Amico news source deleting comments about Amico?

With John Alvarado as a mod it looks bad for the company, IMO.

At this point, what doesn't look bad for the company? They're just delaying the inevitable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

his opinion

Nope. We're not discussing opinions. You asked him straight up:

2)  Would you agree that Tommy knowingly lied multiple times about multiple things when it came to this console?

There is one, objectively true answer to this question. Period. I have no desire to rehash the near infinite pile of evidence to support Tommy being a liar. Everyone here is aware Tommy routinely lied about the Amico. He still cannot answer yes to this question. How is anyone thinking this man deserves to have his opinion heard? What philosophical drivel is that? Why on earth, 3 years later, does mr_me deserve a right to an opinion on the Amico in a public space?

Yes, you have provided rope to hang himself with but no one then points and laughs at the hanged man. You just give him more rope next time. Then next time he comes back, hanged, and you offer more rope. Fantastic.

Edited by zapzapzac

11 minutes ago, zapzapzac said:

Nope. We're not discussing opinions. You asked him straight up: True

There is one, objectively true answer to this question. Period. I have no desire to rehash the near infinite pile of evidence to support Tommy being a liar. Everyone here is aware Tommy routinely lied about the Amico. He still cannot answer yes to this question. How is anyone thinking this man deserves to have his opinion heard?

You can always put him on ignore.

Yes, you have provided rope to hang himself with but no one then points and laughs at the hanged man.   We Don't??

You just give him more rope next time. Then next time he comes back, hanged, and you offer more rope. Fantastic.

Maybe I should have said "Answers", not "Opinions", but either way, Yes I think he, like all of us, has the right to be heard.  That certainly doesn't mean I agree with him.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

What does everyone think about the official Amico news source deleting comments about Amico?

With John Alvarado as a mod it looks bad for the company, IMO.

I don't usually watch this sort of content, but I gotta say, I REALLY like this guy's delivery style.  Love the style, the inflection, the mannerisms.  Shame it's wasted spent on this type of petty back n' forth nonsense, though.

Also, what's his hat from?  It's pretty nifty and 2 out of 3 people there seem to have one.  At least the seem the same.

image.thumb.png.af288e458fb3e7160e84530915e46b98.png

20 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I don't usually watch this sort of content, but I gotta say, I REALLY like this guy's delivery style.  Love the style, the inflection, the mannerisms.  Shame it's wasted spent on this type of petty back n' forth nonsense, though.

Also, what's his hat from?  It's pretty nifty and 2 out of 3 people there seem to have one.  At least the seem the same.

Gen X is one of the worst, honestly.   I will say he's a massive crypto/NFT nut, so he does know a thing or two about scams. 

6 hours ago, zapzapzac said:

Nope. We're not discussing opinions. You asked him straight up:

There is one, objectively true answer to this question. Period. I have no desire to rehash the near infinite pile of evidence to support Tommy being a liar. Everyone here is aware Tommy routinely lied about the Amico. He still cannot answer yes to this question. How is anyone thinking this man deserves to have his opinion heard? What philosophical drivel is that? Why on earth, 3 years later, does mr_me deserve a right to an opinion on the Amico in a public space?

Yes, you have provided rope to hang himself with but no one then points and laughs at the hanged man. You just give him more rope next time. Then next time he comes back, hanged, and you offer more rope. Fantastic.

The ignore/mute feature is great. I recommend it.

Screenshot_20230128_223924_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fb1c5240a039caf600c1b888a40440ec.jpg

It helps reduce the amounts of lies and blatant stupidity you have to read.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Flying Tigers hat I think.