IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2022 Thread!

chicgamer

On 11/19/2022 at 10:04 AM, Armscar Coder said:

I have my outgoing package all packed up and ready to go.  I do appreciate my recipient giving some specific suggestions as that is always helpful.  I was hoping to get it shipped this week, but it will have to wait until Monday.  As I was wrapping the gifts this week, my daughter really got into the Christmas spirit by making some homemade decorations and decking out the tiny hallway outside of her bedroom.  If you are wondering, the elf party is in her brother's room.

Those pictures are awesome. Nothing like Christmas spirit!  I'm hoping one of your gifts from last year still has a little magic left in it!!

• Like 3

Bloody 'ell! And here I thought I was usually an early mailer!

20221121_212248.thumb.jpg.a28aba56ac2399343011f14a696992d4.jpg

20221121_210633.thumb.jpg.682be2c10b33ea0bbb70136d7c2619f1.jpg

I will set this aside with my stocking for the next month. (I filled my own stocking since most of my circle doesn't anymore, after I realized I could keep the surprise by going crazy on etsy mystery bags! 🤣)

Edited by HoshiChiri
  • Like 10

On 11/20/2022 at 2:26 PM, CyranoJ said:

I've only been here since 2007. I have no idea what this is, lol :)

Ha!  Once again I've made the assumption that "everyone from so-and-so country grew up with so-and-so cartoon".  I did the same thing with @carlsson a few years ago with Dunderklumpen.  Goes to show how cartoon-centric my brain is... and assumptions on my part.

Anyways, Dot is cool and particularly so because she's wacky. So is Dunderklumpen.  I'd love to see a cross-over.

• Like 3

For that matter, Dunderklumpen also is a somewhat forgotten, perhaps even obscure movie from 1974.

By the way, if you like Per Åhlin's style of animation, did you check out Karl-Bertil Jonssons julafton? It is broadcasted over here every Christmas Eve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagan_om_Karl-Bertil_Jonssons_julafton

Edit: I found out about the English DVD release from 2004, in which one scene with a bare chested bag lady was censored. Swedish TV has no qualms to show cartoon breasts at prime time on Christmas Eve, one of the most important TV days of the year.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ClassicGMR said:

LOL I was the guy who first digitized and uploaded this commercial to Usenet like 20 years ago. It had a 5 second bump for the animated Mr T/Wacky Wall Walkers special at the beginning, which I intentionally left in since it was so amusing. I knew someone would edit it out fairly quickly.

I wonder if this is my same uploaded source footage or if someone found another copy. It looks a little cleaner but hard to tell... (Someone might have worked on it).  Heh.. it was on my childhood tape VHS during the Pac Man Christmas Special if I recall correctly. Recorded from live TV on our family VCR. :)

• Like 5

22 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I really hope the recipient I’m sending these presents to, really enjoys them! 

His list to Santa was clear and humble. ☺️

You definitely didn't get me, then, because I asked for a gold-plated Ferrari and an Amico for good measure. DON'T ASK DON'T GET, right?

(I can't even remember my list but I'm sure it was some variation of "if it makes me laugh you're already a winner")

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 11/22/2022 at 12:28 PM, CaptainBreakout said:

Ha!  Once again I've made the assumption that "everyone from so-and-so country grew up with so-and-so cartoon". 

Everyone knows Reboot!!! Right? ..... Com'on... guys???? lol   BTW: I'm shipping my package out this Saturday!

reboot christmas.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think I post this link every year... so it's not annoying OCD, it's TRADITION!

(there's a difference, I think)

https://doctoroctoroc.bandcamp.com/album/8-bit-jesus

Great music to wrap presents to, especially for recipients in this thread. I plan on doing that this evening.

Oh, and Thanksgiving is officially over, so bring on the jingle!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2022 at 10:50 PM, carlsson said:

I'm expecting to receive some items soonish, 

Apparently the big piece I've been waiting for said hello to my front door last Wednesday, but since I was not home to sign for it, the postal service brought it back and are planning to contact me in some way really soon now. How about sending a text message, an email, perhaps even make a phone call so I could intercept it sooner? Or for that matter, let me decide how I want to receive it since I paid premium for import duties and express delivery? Unfortunately I am getting deja vu feelings about this, like it happened before.

• Sad 3

The replacement for my missing item arrived safe & sound! That leaves 1 more thing, but it's more of a stocking stuffer so if it runs late I can mail without it.

But it's gonna get some extra time, because for the first time in 2 years I'm sick! Stomach flu slowly hitting all the family. At least I was low on the list so I have plenty of supplies for a speedy recovery 😅

• Like 5

On 10/30/2022 at 10:43 AM, chicgamer said:

I miss K-Mart. My first job was at K-Mart. And I miss 3-D. Anyone remember 3D stores (apparently, they were only in Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan)? The first time I tried out a Colecovision was at a 3-D.

Look what I found in my basement last night!!!

571427668_IMG_70821.thumb.JPG.f1540b918d026eb57fb7138fe2711111.JPG        2122851484_IMG_70831.thumb.JPG.5bd8f2debf1f10ec99e4d2ed6c80ea89.JPG

• Like 5
  • Haha 1