IGNORED

Atari 2600 Homebrew Games Released/Completed/WIP in 2023

17 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Added to WIP:

Looking forward to seeing that one covered over the upcoming months.

On a unrelated side note, will the new crop of machines change your production/play methods in any way?  (i.e. using either the gamestation or 2600+ instead of original hardware/harmony cart)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LatchKeyKid said:

Looking forward to seeing that one covered over the upcoming months.

I'm looking forward to seeing that game develop as well, it's off to a great start already!

38 minutes ago, LatchKeyKid said:

On a unrelated side note, will the new crop of machines change your production/play methods in any way?  (i.e. using either the gamestation or 2600+ instead of original hardware/harmony cart)

Good question! I always try to play on authentic hardware whenever possible so it's unlikely that I'll be using any of the modern emulation consoles to play new games. Most of them aren't fully compatible with all games (or cartridges) so it would add frustration and confusion if a game isn't working properly as it wouldn't be as easy to troubleshoot where the issue lies. Luckily I already have a Retron77, which has an updated Stella running on it, if I do need to plug an emulator directly into a modern HDMI TV so there's not really a need for me to buy another and less compatible HDMI Atari 2600 style console.

- James

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Added to Physical Release:

Updated WIP:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Updated WIP:

When you've already named the game even though I was hesitant, then the final game got its name :) I'm trying to remember other historical Atari 2600 games.

zttuztzutu.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kikipdph said:

When you've already named the game even though I was hesitant, then the final game got its name :) I'm trying to remember other historical Atari 2600 games.

zttuztzutu.jpg

Great final name choice! I thought it was one of the better suggestions of the bunch and I wanted to attach a name to your game in the listing. 🙂

- James

• Like 1

Added to Completed:

Updated WIP:

Added to WIP:

Updated WIP: