IGNORED

Anyone care to check something for me. . . .

2 hours ago, TrekkiesUnite118 said:

At the end of the day all he cares about is "winning" a console war no one has cared about for 30 years. When you realize that, your patience for him drops to zero.

1 hour ago, KidGameR186496 said:

Yup, pretty much. The console wars ended years ago, but some people (Even in the current homebrew scene) want to presume what their system can do compare to other consoles instead of, i don't know, make a fun title to enjoy on a dead platform.

maybe all his "awareness" nonsense is working and he's bringing it back!  Starting to see random articles like this pop into my feeds.

image.thumb.png.4ce80034168ed7fce2c773f509f67c0d.png

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

maybe all his "awareness" nonsense is working and he's bringing it back!  Starting to see random articles like this pop into my feeds.

image.thumb.png.4ce80034168ed7fce2c773f509f67c0d.png

That article started a war from the Mega Drive and SNES camps and who is the first comment on that article? Kirk Johnston, trying to single-handedly win the argument XD

https://www.timeextension.com/features/gunstar-heroes-developer-treasure-on-why-mega-drive-is-better-than-snes

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

That was more like a proof of concept showing that the SNES could have indeed handled Earthquake in Samurai Shodown if the developers had more time and memory space, not a full-fledge title.

1 minute ago, KidGameR186496 said:

That was more like a proof of concept showing that the SNES could have indeed handled Earthquake in Samurai Shodown if the developers had more time and memory space, not a full-fledge title.

Yeah, that's what I remembered, and it seems to be a proof of concept too, but with even bigger sprites!

16 minutes ago, KidGameR186496 said:

That article started a war from the Mega Drive and SNES camps and who is the first comment on that article? Kirk Johnston, trying to single-handedly win the argument XD

https://www.timeextension.com/features/gunstar-heroes-developer-treasure-on-why-mega-drive-is-better-than-snes

Well that's awesome!  🤣  I didn't read the article or comments when I saw that headline, just thought it was funny since it was related to the mission at hand.

3 hours ago, TrekkiesUnite118 said:

He's just throwing a bunch of stuff together just to go "look SNES better than Genesis and PC Engine!" without any real thought of if it makes sense, is viable for a game, or if the SNES can actually handle doing all of those at once.

I thought it was pretty unanimously acknowledged that, other than having a slower processor, the SNES's specs were mostly superior to the other two machines.  Yeah, yeah; every system is better at some things than others are, but generically speaking.  We had all three in our house, and it was pretty obvious to anyone looking which games were the prettiest.

Though, looking back, the looks better alongside the SNES than I remember when I was a kid.  I always thought everything looked drab and washed out on Genesis relative to the SNES, but now the effect is nowhere near as pronounced as I remember.  Maybe it had something to do with the TVs we were playing on back then.

3 hours ago, TrekkiesUnite118 said:

At the end of the day all he cares about is "winning" a console war no one has cared about for 30 years. When you realize that, your patience for him drops to zero.

This would be sad if someone was still really partisan about the TG-16 now, but at least you could sympathize with the underdog nature of it, trying to prove once and for all that the system was more capable than developers made it look in the 90s.  To be partisan on the SNES side now is bizarre.  The system "won" the war pretty handily.  What is left to fight at this point?

Is the Genesis a more popular platform for homebrewers or something?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrTrust said:

I thought it was pretty unanimously acknowledged that, other than having a slower processor, the SNES's specs were mostly superior to the other two machines.  Yeah, yeah; every system is better at some things than others are, but generically speaking.  We had all three in our house, and it was pretty obvious to anyone looking which games were the prettiest.

Though, looking back, the looks better alongside the SNES than I remember when I was a kid.  I always thought everything looked drab and washed out on Genesis relative to the SNES, but now the effect is nowhere near as pronounced as I remember.  Maybe it had something to do with the TVs we were playing on back then.

This would be sad if someone was still really partisan about the TG-16 now, but at least you could sympathize with the underdog nature of it, trying to prove once and for all that the system was more capable than developers made it look in the 90s.  To be partisan on the SNES side now is bizarre.  The system "won" the war pretty handily.  What is left to fight at this point?

Is the Genesis a more popular platform for homebrewers or something?  

Basically there's been a lot of stuff happening in the Genesis and even PC-Engine homebrew scene over the years and people are realizing both had areas where they really shined and could in theory outshine the SNES. Basically all of those systems have their strengths and weaknesses and none of them are the best at everything. But they all have their own little area they excel at. A good example of this kind of homebrew is Gasega68k's Starfox demo. This is running on a stock Genesis with no expansion chips. Even the music. So naturally people make the joke about the SNES needing "cheater chips" to pull this off while the Genesis can do it on it's own.:

This kind of stuff pisses Kirk off and you can see him in comments for this kind of stuff throwing fits and starting console wars. Hell how I got involved was he started replying to decade old comments I made on youtube and started picking console war fights with me. Most of what he was spewing was nonsensical specs that made no sense. Then I realized he was starting threads on NesDev for the sole purpose of getting that community to try and write his youtube arguments for him to use in his responses with me. So I started posting on NesDev and pointed out what was going on and things went further downhill for him from there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TrekkiesUnite118 said:

Basically there's been a lot of stuff happening in the Genesis and even PC-Engine homebrew scene over the years and people are realizing both had areas where they really shined and could in theory outshine the SNES. Basically all of those systems have their strengths and weaknesses and none of them are the best at everything. But they all have their own little area they excel at. A good example of this kind of homebrew is Gasega68k's Starfox demo. This is running on a stock Genesis with no expansion chips. Even the music. So naturally people make the joke about the SNES needing "cheater chips" to pull this off while the Genesis can do it on it's own.:

This kind of stuff pisses Kirk off and you can see him in comments for this kind of stuff throwing fits and starting console wars. Hell how I got involved was he started replying to decade old comments I made on youtube and started picking console war fights with me. Most of what he was spewing was nonsensical specs that made no sense. Then I realized he was starting threads on NesDev for the sole purpose of getting that community to try and write his youtube arguments for him to use in his responses with me. So I started posting on NesDev and pointed out what was going on and things went further downhill for him from there.

Yup. The SNES, Genesis, TurboGrafx, and Neo Geo have their own advantages and weaknesses, but they could do wonderful thing under the right hands 🙂 That's the reason why each console have their distinctive looks, and that's how you knew which console was when looking at the games in magazines.

5 hours ago, TrekkiesUnite118 said:

Unfortunately, it's not something that "no one cares about." It's not just Nintendo vs. Sega either, I've seen people arguing online over Amiga vs. Atari ST. Maybe it's because I didn't exist during the 90s, but I seriously do not understand why some people want to revive asinine schoolyard squabble so baddly.

• Like 1

Wow funny that one article seems to really go into it, sure the ex-Konami guys had a preference, they liked both, but at the close of that piece they said they were fanboys of the underdog in hardware, the Genesis/MD because so much trickery the SNES could do natively, it just couldn't, or at all, so they enjoyed finding ways to make Sega stand out and do marvelous things with the raw speed of that main processor it had, and it showed.  Kirk hates that, really hates, that and hte article makes it very clear what those shortcomings are, as do the comments others made after.

42 minutes ago, TrekkiesUnite118 said:

A good example of this kind of homebrew is Gasega68k's Starfox demo. This is running on a stock Genesis with no expansion chips. Even the music. So naturally people make the joke about the SNES needing "cheater chips" to pull this off while the Genesis can do it on it's own.:

Yeah, well, wasn't it known in the 90s that Genesis was generally better at 3D/polygonal stuff?  This is not exactly a revelation, is it?

This is a controversy on the 2600 side as well.  Is using a co-processor on the cart "cheating"?  I always say if you're using a modern IDE and compiler, and you can compile your 2600 code and run it at a click in a quality emulator with a robust debugger and step through each instruction, you already have light years' advantage over contemporaneous programmers.  How is this concept of "cheating" even meaningful?

Wouldn't having Game Maker available to mock up and demo your program ideas be "cheating" in a sense also?

Sound is pretty impressive for Genesis, though.

15 minutes ago, The Mr. Video said:

Unfortunately, it's not something that "no one cares about." It's not just Nintendo vs. Sega either, I've seen people arguing online over Amiga vs. Atari ST. Maybe it's because I didn't exist during the 90s, but I seriously do not understand why some people want to revive asinine schoolyard squabble so baddly.

Oh yeah, and also the 8-bit equivalents, and all of them look down on TRS-80 people, just like Apple users and Apple eschewers look down on each other.

Part of this is people do not make decisions logically, but emotionally, and the logic simply provides the justification after the fact.  If you dropped $1,000 on an iPhone, you want to feel good about having done that.  You don't want to hear that you overpaid for features that have been standard on other devices for years or whatever the arguments are at the moment.  If you do hear that, you're going to look for ways to reinforce your decision, and this can lead to absurd arguments.  For and Chevy guys can tell you all about it, too.

The 80s/90s were a different time.  It wasn't common to have multiple consoles or computers in one house.  Even having more than one TV in the house was novel when I was a kid.  So, if you asked for SNES for Christmas and Genesis got the Mortal Kombat with the blood code that let you do all the fatalities, well, too bad; you were just stuck with what you had available because ypur parents weren't going to drop the equivalent of $450 again next year so you could have both.  People just didn't spend on video games anything like they do now.  So, if you had the inferior version, your friends were going to bust your balls about it, because again, gotta' justify that choice.

At this point, it's even sillier.  In the 90s, there was a feedback loop between console sales and the available library for it.  Now?  Why would you begrudge Genesis people their homebrews?  It doesn't even tangentially effect your preferred platform.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrTrust said:

Yeah, well, wasn't it known in the 90s that Genesis was generally better at 3D/polygonal stuff?  This is not exactly a revelation, is it?

This is a controversy on the 2600 side as well.  Is using a co-processor on the cart "cheating"?  I always say if you're using a modern IDE and compiler, and you can compile your 2600 code and run it at a click in a quality emulator with a robust debugger and step through each instruction, you already have light years' advantage over contemporaneous programmers.  How is this concept of "cheating" even meaningful?

Wouldn't having Game Maker available to mock up and demo your program ideas be "cheating" in a sense also?

Sound is pretty impressive for Genesis, though.

It was and it wasn't. Other than Virtua Racing there really wasn't a ton of mainstream 3D stuff on it. But the main point I'm getting at is that for Kirk the Genesis, and to a lesser extent the PC-Engine, aren't allowed to be better than the SNES at anything. Any new homebrew that shows off some advantage or cool trick those systems can pull off but the SNES might not be able to you can see him in the comments starting wars and throwing tantrums about it.

These threads and demos he keeps making aren't about actually making a cool game or helping the SNES homebrew community. They're simply about trying to prove that "The SNES is the bestest at every thing and no amount of stinky Genesis and PC-Engine homebrew can prove otherwise!". Which if he was actually making real SNES demos that would be one thing and we'd have more respect for him. He'd still be a petty child, but he'd at least have some skills and credit to back up his stuff. But that's not the case. His demos are game maker mock ups that are constantly being questioned on whether they could actually work on a real SNES.

He's nothing more than a 40+ year old manchild throwing a tantrum on the playground because another kid made him feel insecure about his favorite toy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrekkiesUnite118 said:

But the main point I'm getting at is that for Kirk the Genesis, and to a lesser extent the PC-Engine, aren't allowed to be better than the SNES at anything

If I understood the bickering right (it's been a while) I think he got quite a bit butthurt over this, too, since Genesis had quite a bit more posts than SNES --

image.thumb.png.585689fdfe9a91d634c3ced4a4610da0.png

I dunno... now that I think about it, that seems too ridiculous and petty even for Kirk, so I probably misunderstood.  😁

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

If I understood the bickering right (it's been a while) I think he got quite a bit butthurt over this, too, since Genesis had quite a bit more posts than SNES --

image.thumb.png.585689fdfe9a91d634c3ced4a4610da0.png

I dunno... now that I think about it, that seems too ridiculous and petty even for Kirk, so I probably misunderstood.  😁

Maybe that's why he's like this. He gets butt-hurt so often that his ass is an absolute carnival of agony. He's just in an immense amount of rectal pain, guys! He doesn't mean it!

7 hours ago, The Mr. Video said:

I've seen people arguing online over Amiga vs. Atari ST

OMG we have a lot of that in France (a lot more than Genesis vs SNES)... 😩

In my experience, people who grew up with an Atari ST don't care much, they've accepted a long time ago the Amiga was more powerful; they're just more nostalgic for the ST because that's what they got. Period. But there's a bunch of Amiga fundamentalists that never accepted the Atari ST sold better than the Amiga in some territories (because it was cheaper, simple as that), and can't forgive some 'journalists' who claimed the Atari ST was better at the time. Personally, I have zero nostalgia for the old video game magazines and most so-called journalists at the time were young idiots that wrote a lot of crap, so it's rather childish to hold a grudge about it, but that's what's (still) happening right now unfortunately.

To make things worse, Amiga fanboys usually hate Nintendo because consoles quickly dominated the video game market while they were less powerful than 16-bit computers, a bit like some old retrogamers in the US can't forgive Nintendo for having people forget about the first two generations of consoles. Even though the PC might have been the one that killed the 16-bit computers eventually... 😔

All of that would not be that serious if we were talking about kids, but they're 50 years old mostly. 😅

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, WavyGravy said:

Maybe that's why he's like this. He gets butt-hurt so often that his ass is an absolute carnival of agony. He's just in an immense amount of rectal pain, guys! He doesn't mean it!

So basically he has become one person sized hemorrhoid?  I think we maybe onto a real breakthrough here.  Now all we need is a man sized vat of Preparation H and everyone will be finally soothed.'

@roots.genoa You're not the first one I've seen say that over the years, and wow it does always make sense thinking about it in the Amiga vs Nintendo/Sega (console in general) fanboy whining.  Over there while consoles were largest here and Japan(well more an even share with JP PCs) in your space over there euro-spec PCs were utter king and dominated really made the 8bit consoles seem weak, even at first the 16bit consoles too until things really took off.  Nintendo if I recall got the ire because when a SNES game was more lovingly crafted with the sampled audio, color spectrum and transparencies, the various modes, etc it made the Amiga not look so great and would cause a bitterness much like the Sega kids did in the states feeling similarly when SNES did what it did and far better, or things it couldn't do at all causing the salty console wars some still won't let die.

The ST vs Amiga though, not sure maybe it was just price?  I do know that the ST had enough in basic output to where similarities to the Genesis/MD were quite apparent, and enough so with SNES as well.  Foxysoft from your country was pretty solid 20 years ago on GBA taking ST titles that were put on 16bit consoles and converting them to the handheld, the best of the mix being Another World/Out of This World.  That game got ported everywhere, and then again, even with the original makers blessing to the handheld for free.  http://www.foxysofts.com/index.php?l=content/gba/anworld.inc

12 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Personally, I have zero nostalgia for the old video game magazines and most so-called journalists at the time were young idiots that wrote a lot of crap, so it's rather childish to hold a grudge about it, but that's what's (still) happening right now unfortunately.

Ever since I heard about that magazine (Diehard Gamefan?) where everybody dropped acid before reviewing Cybermorph, then gave it a 10/10 because the visuals blew their minds... it really painted the perfect picture in my head of what these "journalists" are like.

For the uninitiated:

djpubba

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza

Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

Oh, there's a doosy of a story behind that one. I shit you not, but Halverson was high on acid when he wrote the Cybermorph article, along with half the staff. We had just pulled a couple of all-nighters in a row, which was the norm at deadline times. Apparently, when The Enquirer came back to work the next morning, he dropped some acid in the coffee pot, which most of the crew, including Halverson, drank from. I wasn't a coffee drinker at the time so I didn't really notice anything unusual and didn't learn what was going on until George started threatening to murder Cockburn.

So, re-read that Cybermorph article now that you know he was on acid, and it'll shed new light on just why he thought it was such a great game.

Wolfie

Yup. It was all true! I was there too!

01 Jun 2006, 10:32 PM

jriskin

I know I'm like 6 years late on this thread, but I just wanted to confirm any info if anyone is interested...

RE: Cybermorph... There were only a few of us there that weekend, I believe I was the only one who stayed all night that night besides George and D. Halverson. Fortunately for me I don't drink coffee...Dave and George both DID drink it, and trust me, while it might not have been a heavy trip, those two were staring at the screen for HOURS...

Dave, seriously thought the characters in the game knew he was watching! On the other hand he once mentioned he was afraid David Blane knew he(halverson) knew he(blane) was magical and thought he might come and get him. But who knows, he was probably stoned then too, my pot-dar isn't very strong. I highly (bad pun) doubt he would have dedicated THAT many pages and the cover if he wasn't so obsessed with it from being on acid.

If anyone has any questions from my era of Gamefan, feel free to ask. I'm still good friends with Terry W. but I rarely see the rest of the crew except the occasional run-in at E3 or the infamous E3 Sony parties (which I passed on even going to E3 this year).

Jacob Riskin

Additional links:

cyber1.jpg

cyber2.jpg

cyber3.jpg

cyber4.jpg

On 11/10/2023 at 2:24 AM, Kirk_Johnston said:

The only thing I can see to even remotely call out there is the dead Goomba shadows overlapping other sprites, which is nothing more than me being lazy in GameMaker 

So you want to be taken seriously, want to speak with authority on SNES graphical capabilities, all in the context of pushing the SNES to the limits (in any area), but we're supposed to be okay with you being lazy on details? How does that even work?!?! That's not being lazy. That's being disingenuous to your audience. Either take the time to fix it, or don't do it at all. Because YOU had to be called out on this. You didn't volunteer this information until people called you out on it - until there was pressure to invalidate your credibility. If you knew better and didn't say anything, then that's disingenuous.

My 8bpp image fits into VRAM with plenty of room to spare

Plenty of room to spare?!?! But your own incorrect and "messy" math, you literally only have room for 96 (8x8 sprite cells) max with no room for 2bpp tiles. A single frame of your Alucard sprite takes like 30-40 of those 96 cells (again, 96 meaning no room for 2bpp tiles for the layer). How is that, in anyone's imagination or interpretation of a 4th gen console, plenty of room to spare? It's this kind of bullshit. People that see your videos or whatever, and don't know, see this a line like this "plenty of room to spare" and actually believe you. I'm sorry, but that makes you a fraud. You are purposely misrepresenting the systems capabilities. Ohh, just like the "multiple accidents" where you showed off 24bit color images im place of the actual reduced 8bit images in your videos - got defensive about it when you got called out: "it looks the same anyway", finally acknowledged it, and then did it again!

But if some people want to see some [messy] numbers, here they are (this is why I choose not to do the math and programming part of making games as much as I can avoid it):

SNES has 64KB VRAM
8bbp tiles take up 64 bytes
If I were drawing a whole background layer of 8bpp tiles, which I am not, it would be 896 tiles at 64 bytes each, which is 57,344 KB
That would leave 6656 bytes for the tilemaps, sprites and 2bpp layer
I've been told each tile needs 2 bytes in the tilemap, so, that’s 896x2 = 1,792 bytes. 
I have two tilemaps, one for the 8bpp layer and the other the 2bpp layer, so that's 1792x2 = 3585 bytes.
6656-3584 = 3072 bytes available for the 2bbp tiles and the sprites.
The 2bpp tiles are 16KB and the sprites 32KB
If I were just using all sprites for the remainder, I would have enough room for 96 sprites (no 2bpp tiles).
If I were just using all 2bbp tiles for the remainder, I would have enough from for 192 2bpp tiles (no sprites)
So, if we mix and match the exact amount of each type to get what I need for this mockup, I am within the VRAM limits.
And the link below has an image that shows pretty much every foreground layer and sprite used in this example.

"I've been told..".

THAT's the crux of the issue. Yeah, you've been told. You've been told by me multiple times (even on this "authentic snes sub-forum"). You've been told by other people, multiple times. The problem is, you shouldn't need to be told anything. Even if you don't code, you should be able to derive ALL of this without being "told" anything. I mean, YOU are the one parading yourself around as the SNES graphics expert. And, ironically, dismissing ANYONE else's criticism if they "haven't coded for the SNES". 

And this leads to my issue with you. Yes, you specifically.

I've been told each tile needs 2 bytes in the tilemap, so, that’s 896x2 = 1,792 bytes

There is SOO much more to this number than this. You don't get to simply say.. I'm only using this much tiles, so I only need this much tilemap space. It's doesn't work like that. Why am I nitpicking something like this? Because you are literally taking the system to its limits for VRAM space. There's no room for error here. You don't get to "push the system" right up to the edge and also get to be sloppy with the details - or not even understand how the details come into play. This is more than just "messy". Remember, YOU are presenting yourself as an authority on this subject (you have a whole YT channel dedicated to this). You don't get to be hand-wavy, because you don't have the experience of doing anything like this on the real hardware. You didn't cut your teeth on this kind of stuff. Hell, 8 months around you had a melt-down because you couldn't figure out some simple beginner stuffs about the SNES PPU.

Let me put this into perspective, since you actually 100% dismissed me in one of your tantrums when I told you about clipping your screen usage for using 8bpp mode so you could get a little more usage out of vram - and you were like "I won't compromise! I want full screen 8bpp glory!", but NOW has changed your tune haha;

If you're using a 256px wide display resolution (no clipping), and you want to scroll.. horizontally.. you need more than a 32x32 wide map. You need a 64x32 map. You don't get to choose a 33x32 or 34x32 wide map, or whatever. Yes, can manually (either by not scrolling vertically, or using an HDMA for a "sew" line) use only 28 of the 32 rows (29 if you plan to scroll verticall.. you need one more row than your display height). These details are important. Because you either clipping the display via the window mask registers to get something like a 248px or 240px wide display area, or you use a 64x32 map config. If you choose a 64x32 map space, but only use 33x32 area at a time.. you don't get to use the off screen area for tiles or sprites, etc. That trick only works if you manually cut off the map for the vertical size, not horizontal. Why am I mentioning this and 64x32 map? Because that's TWICE the vram size as a 32x32 map. It's still twice the size of you clip/not use some rows too. And you've never once mentioned the 16x16 tilemap mode. You never mentioned horizontal display width clipping.

What does that mean? You're math is wrong. Or you need to make some modifications for this math to work out. Neither of which you understand. Simply because you've "been told" rather than understand this for yourself (again, you don't even need to have coded on the SNES to understand this. This is very basic stuff).

And because you are scraping EVERY byte you can possible get because you are right up against the limitation (i.e. "pushing hardware"), both your understanding and your math need to be accurate.. not messy.  If you can't even figure the simple stuff out, how is anyone supposed to take you seriously on the more complex details???

There are other parts can I easily pick up apart, but this round and around hamster-wheel thing with you gets tiresome. The above is a demonstrative pattern that you keep falling into. Again, if you're going to "speak with authority", which you ARE doing through blog and video mockups, and present things that push the system.. you better both get it right and understand what you're talking about. 

I'll give credit where credit is due; you have learned more and grew in your understanding since 8-9 months ago, but you still carry that same shitty attitude, and worse yet your level of arrogance has gone up.

Regardless of what I have or have not said in the past and the actual way it was originally conveyed and intended, and regardless of how that has been portrayed here, I think I’ve covered that enough with my example above.

What? "Ignore what I said in the past. Ignore that I was wrong, etc." What is that?? You literally can't be an adult and say, "Yeah, I was wrong in the past and I've grown and learned more now in my journey - blah-blah-blah.. <soap box>". 

And, as mentioned by someone else, if I really need help with the math stuff, I can ask for that. It certainly doesn't make any of my current demos or mockups impossible.

And by help, you mean "being told". If only there was a way for you to actually learn this stuff.. as well as gain some humility in the process.

I think my two literal working SNES demos show by actual design and execution that I know more than enough how to design SNES games/demos using this stuff, be it using HDMA for backdrop colour gradients, a bit of row/line scrolling down the screen, drawing window/shape masks, or whatever, and still while making sure the ideas work within the SNES limitations, as they clearly do. 

"A broken clock is right twice a day". One, the demos DID have to be altered. And one those demos had to pull some mid screen sub/main tricks to get it near to what you wanted. YOU never accounted for that. The person that hacked SMW to show it off, deserves the kudos.. not you. Also, I don't think anyone really doubted those two demos in working order.. rather the criticism is that they "looked like ass" compared to what you were throwing away (in mode 1). Your demonstration didn't prove that it was absolute worth the trade-off in how you went around portraying it. So no, you get to take cred for that and say, "See? These two unrelated demos, that I didn't even code up and had to be cut back, gives me complete validation and credibility going forward in everything I saw and mockup". It doesn't. Those were simple demos. The ambitious stuff you're trying to post here, is leagues ahead of that stuff.

Edited by turboxray
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Biff Burgertime said:

Ever since I heard about that magazine (Diehard Gamefan?) where everybody dropped acid before reviewing Cybermorph, then gave it a 10/10 because the visuals blew their minds... it really painted the perfect picture in my head of what these "journalists" are like.

For the uninitiated:

Additional links:

cyber1.jpg

cyber2.jpg

cyber3.jpg

cyber4.jpg

Wow! For some reason I don't remember this. Tho I didn't really care about ratings and more about what import games they were covering at the time.

Funny thing is, this is how I got my Boxed SGX and all SGX games for a total of $50 from my friend back in early 1993. He wanted a jag, and sold me the SGX setup hahah.

Edited by turboxray
  • Haha 1

Man, just imagine, if some of you guys spent as much time and energy as you do trolling my threads and actually put that into making something for SNES yourselves, even just posting some more interesting SNES topics in here if literally nothing else, how much you could achieve ...

Much like you keep suggesting I should go actually program something for SNES directly myself, I think you could do something a lot more worthy with your precious time than make me the centre of your universe for however many hours per day.

Of course, that does not apply to the likes of TrekkiesUnite118 (hardcore Genesis fanboy troll) and Turoxray (hardcore PC Engine fanboy troll) for example, since, if you still haven't clicked yet, they have never even remotely had any intention of contributing anything positive to the SNES community, be it development related or otherwise. And if stalking me is how they choose to waste their days, so be it. I guess it makes them feel more relevant, and by extension maybe they think that means the systems they love suddenly are too. More power to them.

But some of you other guys are wasting precious hours, days, weeks of your life trolling my threads, when you could actually be more genuinely fulfilled and happy just celebrating whatever it is you love as much as I love SNES.

It's your choice though. Free will and all. :)

You sir can go F yourself, that first line is the epitome of gaslighting, ego, hubris, pathological psychopathic behavior with a huge heaping dose of total and utter lack of self awareness.  It also proves you're reading things if you're going to hit with that level of lack of tact.

If it wasn't for multiple failed attempts to learn C going back to the 90s because I can't wrap myself around the logic needed to do such work I would grab that SNESLIB and make a complete and total ass out of you, even if it took 6-12months of dedication to do it.  There's nothing more than I'd like to do than code some games up, games I had tried to plan out going back 25 years.  Games (dead drive ages ago) I lost the sprite and tile work, along with design docs for things I had cooking, all gone.  I'd get those things alive just to finally both realize that dream but also to spite you for your year long trail of lies and denial.

This is what you're up to now?  Did you remove the blocks on us since your signature isn't the same it was this afternoon?  So now you're going to target specific members, in particular two of them who have in very long prose you're undeserving of broken down why you're wrong, utterly full of it, and in nice terms showing what your coding and math errors are and how things are accomplished?  You'll pass them off as troll for public enemy #1 (Sega) and public enemy #2(NEC) because they both were threats to Nintendo's SNES.  How pathetic must you have to be to write that crap?  Oh they may have explained it in a lot of detail, but only because they're console war generals, leaders of the troll movement to wipe turds all over the greatness that is the unquestionable Super Nintendo?  What is wrong with you?  What's next, going to dunk on Kulor too, or is that one a bit too shaky as you like to illegally use his clips he asked you to not use of his shooter?

You say they're stalking you, but it's clear going from space to space, YT account to the next and so on, you've got the pattern here of lies, manipulation and stalking.  While I can see in a twisted world view them correcting you could appear to be stalking, someone has to stand up to the lies you're shoveling.  You're making the SNES community and those who care about the games, hardware, and culture look bad, really really bad, like 90s console war fanboy trolls if they don't line up at the trough.

• Like 6