IGNORED

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

Not to take away from soulbusters list....but take a look here for a list that shows the variants and other released items. :-)

http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/released-homebrew-games

Great list and if all works our well, Opcode games will be making a huge debut, Intv Dave will be coming back with some stuff as well as Collectorvision, Rev, and Willy from Elektronite!

2017 is already a great year for us all, as I hope 2016 was as well for everyone! :) :thumbsup:

Finally updated with Super Pro Baseball and Mystic Castle.

I also added Lock 'N' Chase with the Collapsing Lupin. I figured it belongs on the list as long as Space Cadet, Hardhat, Mouse Trap and others that had no game code changes.

that makes 60 in total.

Edited by SoulBuster

Hmmm.... well, it's unfortunate that these "secret squirrel" games are being produced where everyone is not offered a chance to purchase or play them but I suppose that is up to the discretion of the programmer or manufacturer. Doesn't really encourage me to continue collecting for the game system because the only chance I'll get to have these games is when some jackass on eBay finally posts it for ten times what it's worth and everyone not given the chance to initially purchase it falls over themselves trying to buy it. Perhaps I'll spend my money elsewhere...

I assume the reason is IP and/or lawsuitaphobia, but it'd still be nice to know what it is (though I have a guess).

That and the fact that you can make a shit-load of money by being "exclusive." Then there's also the opportunity to double-dip: selling your "exclusive" title to your "exclusive buyers," and then putting it on eBay anyhow for others. :roll:

As long as the Intellivision collector community takes it, it'll go on and probably get worse.

-dZ.

That and the fact that you can make a shit-load of money by being "exclusive." Then there's also the opportunity to double-dip: selling your "exclusive" title to your "exclusive buyers," and then putting it on eBay anyhow for others. :roll:

As long as the Intellivision collector community takes it, it'll go on and probably get worse.

-dZ.

The question here is who decides who is in the Exclusive club if there is such a thing... Who are these decision makers.... lol ,How can I join ? Anyhow - with all the gear, accessories and games coming out these days. People are going to be more choosey on what to spend there hard earned coin on... Its just getting way to crazy for a common person to keep up.. All good though- Choice is a good thing...

Cheers Brothers

Edited by m-crew
  • Like 1

Anyhow - with all the gear, accessories and games coming out these days. People are going to be more choosey on what to spend there hard earned coin on... Its just getting way to crazy for a common person to keep up.. All good though- Choice is a good thing...

Cheers Brothers

You are right on the money m-crew, ever since "crappy bird" was released I saw the light and realized that I did not have to own "every Intellivision game that was sold".

There are some I would not bother with.

Lots of choice is great and I only get the ones I want now as the obsession I once had has passed!

Edited by Utopia
  • Like 1

You are right on the money m-crew, ever since "crappy bird" was released I saw the light and realized that I did not have to own "every Intellivision game that was sold".

There are some I would not bother with.

Lots of choice is great and I only get the ones I want now as the obsession I once had has passed!

I had a similar epiphany in the last year or so. Don't get me wrong, I've been lucky enough to obtain a nice chunk of games, but I obsessed over the ones I was missing. I'd still like them, but not enough to pay an arm and a leg and it no longer stresses me out not having them. It's kind of liberating.

• Like 2

What are the differences?

I forget some of them. Would have to play. He had more listed on the site I thought. Only this now:

Fast forwarding to 2011, David was asked by Darren, a collector and gamer, to fix/finish FUBAR which is another game by Michael Hayes. Once deep into programming, he only saw fit to revisit SameGame & Robots and to really finish it. Being a big fan of the Intellivoice module, it was only fitting to add human voices to the game. With the 2004 version seeing a very limited release, the updates made to the game, and higher quality production, a 2012 release was believed to be warranted.

• Like 1

I think we are headed down a rabbit hole.

On one hand, I believe that game play should make the difference. Donkey Kong Arcade and DK Arcade are the same levels. D2K had 4 new levels, different game play. D2K SE also added new levels, again different game play.

So was the game play changed in SGR 2012 from 2005?

And here is where the rabbit hole is. If game play makes the difference, then:

Blow Out

Brickout

Hard Hat

Land Battle

Lock N Chase 8k

Magic Carousel

Mouse Trap

Number Jumble

Space Cadet

Takeover

and others I may not be missing. Game play on these were not altered and they were already released on Intellivision Lives. They were just given the CIB treatment, recently.

On the other hand, I like the fact the CIB treatment was extended to some of those games and that makes them a homebrew release.

So with SGR, has the game arena while playing changed? If in a major way, then yes. If minor, to fix bugs or add voice, I would say no. I have not played the game yet.

Not to contribute to the Rabbit Hole but, other than the collapsing Lupin animation, was there any change to gameplay mechanics of the 8k Lock'n'Chase? I'd almost consider it similar to updates to Auto Racing, Math Fun, Kroz, etc).

In the original LockNchase you can stop by turning into a wall. In the 8K version if you turn into a wall it keeps going until the next turn. I don't see any imorovement in making turns; you still have to make sure you hit the disc a moment early.

Not to contribute to the Rabbit Hole but, other than the collapsing Lupin animation, was there any change to gameplay mechanics of the 8k Lock'n'Chase? I'd almost consider it similar to updates to Auto Racing, Math Fun, Kroz, etc).

In the original LockNchase you can stop by turning into a wall. In the 8K version if you turn into a wall it keeps going until the next turn. I don't see any imorovement in making turns; you still have to make sure you hit the disc a moment early.

I see the point and it is why I listed it. But then on the other hand, even though LNC was release BITD, this version was not released in cart form, which is why the games I mentioned are on the Post 125 list. Then you have to consider Mouse Trap. All it got was new packaging. The game play is identical to the released version of Mouse Trap. In this scenario, The original and recent Mouse Traps are no different than the two versions of Pacman, release by AtariSoft and Intellivision.