IGNORED

ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

18 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

BTW: The color timing issue with your console was there from the 1st show (see top of IXION play field). So that's perfect consistency. :D 

Very interesting! I guess it's not too surprising since it's the same 2600 as we play on now with the same (but replaced) RGB mod. 🙂

- James

6 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Very interesting! I guess it's not too surprising since it's the same 2600 as we play on now with the same (but replaced) RGB mod. 🙂

I am only mentioning, because you had suspected that the mod might be the culprit. Probably you just have to replace the TIA to get rid of the problem.

On 2/11/2023 at 3:32 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Six viewers! :) 

Very cool, I didn't realize the first game played was Super Cobra Arcade!  I feel honored :D (and a bit embarrassed I wasn't one of the six people watching 😊 ).

On 2/11/2023 at 3:32 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

BTW: The color timing issue with your console was there from the 1st show (see top of IXION play field). So that's perfect consistency. :D 

You can see the timing issue on SC:A as well in the lower right display of the current level; the bottom of the '1' is chopped off. ✂️ :P 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, johnnywc said:

Very cool, I didn't realize the first game played was Super Cobra Arcade!  I feel honored :D (and a bit embarrassed I wasn't one of the six people watching 😊 ).

I can't remember, but depending on the time this was live, I might have been one of them.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew Thanks for presenting Top&Tom 2 (aka Bot&Tom) that well. Tanya's and your comments really made my day! 👍

You're welcome, it's such a fun game we could have kept playing it for much longer.

11 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

And thanks to Twitch for a stable connection at least during this time. :D

What a nightmare that was, for all the messing about during the stream to try and get it working, it turned out the issue was outside of my network. It was possibly my ISP issue as there was about 5% packet loss one hop away from me and it cleared up by itself about 2 hours after the stream. If I did this full time I would definitely invest in redundant connections to the Internet to avoid this issue.

18 hours ago, vitoco said:

I couldn't join this afternoon, but it seems that there were connection problems... lots of portions of the stream available!!! I guess that the show will be uploaded in a single video to YouTube.

You bet, since I didn't have to reboot my computer or stop the recording the show will be uploaded in full without interruption to YouTube and you won't have any issues watching it there. 🙂

- James

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 1:45 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I am only mentioning, because you had suspected that the mod might be the culprit. Probably you just have to replace the TIA to get rid of the problem.

That would be nice! I might let me soldering skills increase before attempting that, we don't want a repeat of what happened to that poor POKEY chip I "removed" from a Ballblazer cart.

- James

2 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

That would be nice! I might let me soldering skills increase before attempting that, we don't want a repeat of what happened to that poor POKEY chip I "removed" from a Ballblazer cart.

No soldering required - your TIA is socketed. Just get a new one from Best, or a donor that's also socketed.

You only need to:

1. Open the case
  2. Unplug the two Molex connectors (there's a release tab on them)
  3. Remove the screws holding the RF shield to the case
  4. Unplug the connector from the switch board
  5. Remove the two screws connecting the switch board to the RF shield (optional - but it's easier to work with if you remove the switch board)
  6. Remove the bottom of the RF shield
  7. Slide out the main board
  8. Flip it over, GENTLY ;) pry out the old TIA from the mod board using a chip lifter  
  9. Carefully seat the new TIA, and squeeze it into place
  10. Reroute the cables so they clear the shield
  11. Reinstall the shield
  12. Reconnect the switch board
  13. Reconnect the Molex connectors
  14. Test!!
  15. Reassemble

Actually... what you should do first, is find a TIA without that issue. :ponder: Then do the above steps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

No soldering required - your TIA is socketed. Just get a new one from Best, or a donor that's also socketed.

Since it's socketed then I can definitely handle doing this, thank you so much Nathan!

Now I begin the hunt for an inexpensive TIA or a dirt cheap 'parts' console with a working TIA. Best has them for $39.95 USD + shipping which is a decent price but I'd probably find some other things in their catalogue to order at the same time if I go through them.

- James

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

BTW: Is there e.g. a thread, where we can find a summary of the results from the last 4 years? We have the archive, but to have some kind of overview would be nice.

There's no individual thread or post with a summary of Years 1-4 but I'll put one together after the Awards are over. 🙂

- James

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5th ANNUAL ATARI HOMEBREW AWARD RESULTS!!

2136470561_20230225b-5thAnnualAtariHomebrewAwards.thumb.jpg.97109c196780dd22632dbf9d0142334d.jpg

Thank you to everyone who tuned in to watch the event live, everyone had an amazing time! If you missed it, below is the video and a link to the list of winners and runners up!

WATCH EVENT: https://youtu.be/c_4lKhBXWhM

FULL RESULTS: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/347449-5th-annual-atari-homebrew-awards-voting-information-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=5216388

- James

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, mksmith said:

Congrats James on another successful Atari awards.  Thank you again for all your ongoing efforts during the year to keep them alive!

Seconded. The awards (and the stream!) have been a huge service for the Atari community. I appreciate all of the work that you put into both!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back from a business trip to Melbourne Australia where I was lucky enough to meet up with Matt Smith @mksmith

PXL_20230309_032520297-altered.thumb.jpg.53a594033441eeec52ffa179a581f68e.jpg

I also checked out an arcade in Melbourne but I'll leave my review until the next show. Below are some pics of a couple of the games I played while I was there.

Now that I'm back I will start working on my Atari 2600 project and doing some shows here and there, but ZPH is still on break for a little while. Today I started catching up to the Atari Homebrew release lists for all the new games and updates that happened while I was gone. There will probably be a show this coming Tuesday so keep your eyes open for that!

- James

PXL_20230309_033747906.thumb.jpg.5a9373a2a0f6d510bea8c3ff71d047de.jpg PXL_20230309_043629019.thumb.jpg.b2b1dfe9ee88ef17cb2eb00708909c90.jpg

PXL_20230309_043529509.thumb.jpg.d1faf63db7a7eaaf0e1a2e698243827a.jpgPXL_20230309_043051266.thumb.jpg.a511c08199c46a97e3cb96b173f9ce8d.jpg PXL_20230309_042436368.thumb.jpg.bbcca2a2183e0f4945f710c9f91ef7b0.jpg PXL_20230309_041748795.thumb.jpg.625cb578b7668d8aabb1c51afc127503.jpg

• Like 13