IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2022 (Season 15)

carlsson

Here's the summary for Week 42, running from October 17 - 23. We logged 6608 minutes of eligible play, playing 105 games on a total of 29 systems.

Top 10:

1. Vandal-Hearts (PlayStation) - 1032 min. (#1)
2. Sensible World of Soccer 2020 (Amiga) - 530 min.
3. Raft Rider (Atari 2600) - 407 min.
4. Pokémon Gold (Game Boy Color) - 389 min.
5. Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (PlayStation) - 283 min.
6. Sensible World of Soccer 96/97 (PC DOS) - 270 min.
7. Slap Fight (Arcade) - 208 min. (#2)
8. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 181 min. (#3)
9. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (Atari 2600) - 179 min.
10. Ghost Rush Halloween Edition (Dragon 32) - 140 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Raft Rider (Atari 2600) - 407 min. (PN#7)
2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 181 min. (PN#1)
3. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (Atari 2600) - 179 min. (PN#6)
4. Ghost Rush Halloween Edition (Dragon 32) - 140 min. (PN#8)
5. Donkey Kong (Intellivision) - 112 min. (PN#2)
6. Canyon Climber (Atari 8-bit) - 91 min.
7. Beastie Feastie (Arcade) - 75 min.
8. BolderDan (VIC-20) - 75 min.
9. Q*bert (Commodore 64) - 74 min.
10. Pacar (SG-1000) - 72 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. PlayStation - 1377 min. (#2)
2. Atari 2600 - 952 min. (#3)
3. Amiga - 615 min.
4. Arcade - 582 min. (#1)
5. Game Boy Color - 419 min.
6. NES/Famicom - 305 min. (#8)
7. PC DOS - 270 min.
8. VIC-20 - 259 min.
9. Genesis - 196 min.
10. Handheld/Tabletop - 185 min.

Vandal-Hearts maintains first place and breaks the 3000 minute barrier. The same is true for SWoS 2020, which becomes the most played Amiga game. The pre-NES list is dominated by the HSC entry Raft Rider, while Solar Fox and E.T. have a battle for second place. This week we have a whopping 29 systems (but the record still is 36 systems in week #03 this season), with the PlayStation on top.

The 1000 Minute Club welcomes no less than four new members!

#502 Raft Rider (Atari 2600) - 1021 min.

#503 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (PlayStation) - 1176 min.

#504 Slap Fight (Arcade) - 1191 min.

#505 Arkanoid (NES/Famicom) - 1005 min.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Several new Genesis and/or Mega Drive games because of the Mega Drive Mini 2. The new version of Space Harrier II is really cool.

Arcade
Hellfire - 10
Slap Fight - 28

G/MD
After Burner II - 5
Gleylancer - 36
Space Harrier - 5
Space Harrier II (2022) - 13
Party Quiz Sega Q - 15
Slap Fight MD - 65
Spatter - 10
Tatsujin - 42
Thunder Force IV - 14
Zero Wing - 72

• Like 6

Atari 8-bit:
Ghost Chaser - 100 min.
Gremlins - 7 min.
Monster Smash! - 4 min.

The current round of the A8 HSC is divided into two shorter rounds of two weeks each, these are the games from the first batch. Ghost Chaser takes a bit to learn, and I had to watch a YouTube video to figure out how to move on in the game. I haven't yet finished it, but supposedly anyone who knows the game should be able to finish it in 10-15 minutes. The other two games are bonus games, of which I enjoyed the game mechanism in Monster Smash despite I only played a few games of it.

• Like 5

Here are my times for this past week (October 24th through 30th, 2022) on classic systems:

NES:

Super Pitfall - 21 min. in 3 sessions

This week all I played was "Super Pitfall" on the NES. I actually spent way more time mapping it out, but I didn't play it, rather I used a Youtube video of a playthrough to map it. For mapping I used Magellan, which is actually a tool to make maps for the TI-99. I've never drawn a video game map this way, but after some difficulties at the start it now comes along nicely, and I'm about 70% finished with the map... at least of the part covered by that video, which however seems to be most of the map.

• Like 6

P-47: The Freedom Fighter (PC Engine) 26 mins

One interesting thing about this shmup is that it doesn't seem to have bosses at the end of each stage but a huge amount of things to avoid. 2nd staged was a huge group of missiles. The stage also had some nice parallax scrolling in the background.

• Like 6

Arcade (via MiSTer)

Bank Panic - 12 min

Lunar Rescue - 6 min

Q*bert - 13 min

CoCo2

Jumping Joey (Playtesting) - 105 min

GhostRush - 14 min

CoCo3 

Jumping Joey (Playtesting) - 48 min

Commodore 64

PETSCII Pac-Man - 3 min

Ultimate Wizard - 47 min

Commodore VIC-20

Bolder Dan - 76 min

Get The Diamonds - 13 min

H.E.R.O. - 28 min

Nibbler - 137 min

Radar Rat Race - 8 min

Rodman - 4 min

Texas Instruments TI99/4a

Burger Time - 17 min

Q*bert - 22 min

Snake Plissken - 22 min

I used a time tracking app called harvest. It works pretty good for this purpose, but after the trial period its like $12/month. No thanks. Jumping Joey is a forthcoming game from CoCo semi-graphics guru, Nick Marentes. It's Frogger inspired. 
https://youtu.be/wx88h7Slg7Q?t=493

• Like 6

This week I played:

Bust-A-Move 2: Arcade Edition for Nintendo 64 - 93 minutes

Courier Crisis for Playstation - 196 minutes

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 64 - 727 minutes

Sonic Chaos for Game Gear - 56 minutes

Sonic Triple Trouble for Game Gear - 81 minutes

Yoshi's Story for Nintendo 64 - 266 minutes

Progress:

Bust-a-Move 2 - Set the options to Easy then completed vs com mode on practice and normal, then completed the far left path in puzzle mode.

Courier Crisis - Played from Level 7 through to the ending.

Zelda - made it from the beginning through the Water Temple

Sonic Chaos and Triple Trouble - completed both games as Sonic with all emeralds

Yoshi's Story - completed the game 5 times, unlocking all levels for Trial Mode as well as the black & white Yoshi's for Story Mode.

• Like 6

Amiga 

Sensible World of Soccer 2020 348 

Intellivision 

Shark! Shark! 44 

Space Spartans 204 

Sub Hunt 102

I'm wearing out the joysticks playing SWOS.  I've been using the 2600 adapter and the Ultimate PC Interface to use 80s era joysticks to play the game and now two of them have developed little problems that will force me to open them up.  Nothing I can't handle of course, and it feels a bit like "well that's the way it should be" except that we are dealing with 30 year old hardware here.

The Ultimate PC Interface also got some use for Intellivision emulation this week as we were playing Space Spartans in the Intellivision HSC.  Rather than dig through the closet and find an Intellivoice, I chose to just emulate the game, but it requires the original controller, so the U.PC Interface came to the rescue.  I bought this thing years and years ago before the "Vision Dapter" was a thing.  I don't own an ECS or a Keyboard, so I am not really using it to its fullest potential.  Oh well, life is hard sometimes LOL.

• Like 5

By the way, we keep MSX1 and MSX2 apart in the tracker (just like we keep Amiga OCS and Amiga ECS/AGA apart, plus many other similar cases). Most of the time a game only exists in one of the formats, but in cases of ambiguity, if you happen to know which system it was, it helps to specify it. For instance Contra is MSX2 only, while Dynamite Bowl exists in both formats.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, carlsson said:

By the way, we keep MSX1 and MSX2 apart in the tracker (just like we keep Amiga OCS and Amiga ECS/AGA apart, plus many other similar cases). Most of the time a game only exists in one of the formats, but in cases of ambiguity, if you happen to know which system it was, it helps to specify it. For instance Contra is MSX2 only, while Dynamite Bowl exists in both formats.

Apologies.  I forgot that Contra was an MSX2 game as I would have listed that separately.  I know that the version of Dynamite Bowl was supposed to be the MSX version, not the MSX2 just for clarification purposes.

• Like 4

No worries. Here is a shortlist of formats in the tracker where diversity occurs:

Amiga, Amiga AGA/ECS, Amiga CD32

Amstrad CPC, Amstrad CPC Plus

Apple II, Apple IIgs

Atari Jaguar, Atari Jaguar CD

CoCo 1 & 2, CoCo 3

NES/Famicom, Famicom Disk System

FM Towns, FM Towns Marty (though perhaps the difference is obvious?)

Game & Watch, all other forms of Handheld/Tabletop (because Nintendo was so dominant)

Game Boy, Game Boy Color (as you all know by now)

PC DOS, IBM PC jr

Intellivision, Intellivision ECS

MSX, MSX2 (the latter would include 2+ and possibly Turbo-R as well)

Neo Geo AES/MVS, Neo Geo CD

Odyssey^2, Odyssey^3

Sega 32X, Sega 32X CD, Sega CD

TG-16/PC Engine, TG-CD/PC Engine CD

For the moment being, we group Atari ST and Atari STE. There hasn't been a single Atari Falcon game played in the history of the tracker. We also group BBC Micro and BBC Master, and likewise group Commodore 16 and Plus/4. It doesn't seem like a single C128 only game has been played as well. Oric-1 and Atmos are the same except for keyboard and ROM version. We do group TRS-80 Model I/III.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Mostly played modern games this week, but still got in some Famicom games
FAMICOM/NES

Battle Formula - 29 min Hard as nails but really fun, I only barely got past the first boss.

Bomberman 2 - 5 min

Boulder Dash - 5 min

Cosmic Epsilon - 3 min

Dragon Quest (Dragon Warrior in the US) - 20 min - accidentally closed game before saving :(. Did not realize that the Japanese version only used password saves.

F1 Race - 6 min

Moai Kun - 20 min I've been to Easter Island and can confirm that this is a 100% accurate simulation.

Mappy - 7 min

ATARI 2600

Galaxian - 15 min

Keystone Kapers - 15 min

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, randomcat2000 said:

Battle Formula - 29 min Hard as nails but really fun, I only barely got past the first boss.

Great game... over here in the US it is known as Super Spy Hunter... Also has one of the most distinct soundtracks of any NES game, though a few other Sunsoft games have similar sounds in the music. 

• Like 4

On 10/24/2022 at 8:04 AM, Atarian7 said:

Atari 2600

Hunchy 2 - 15 minutes

Pac-Man 8k - 10 minutes

Raft Rider - 347 minutes

Solar Fox - 78 minutes

Any new high scores in Solar Fox Atarian7?

Times for the week are:

Atari 2600

Alien 27

Eggomania 16

Kaboom 10

Solar Fox 44

all fun

• Like 4

On 10/24/2022 at 6:02 PM, onlyinajeep said:

Does anyone use a timekeeping app on their phones to keep track of times? I've just been using a notepad type app, watching a clock and adding things manually. An app would be cool, type in a task, hit a button to keep time...report at end of week.

This is my timekeeping system paper on right is Solar Fox. Paper on left are other games. 

2CD948D6-204A-40BC-8285-280A8DA0E563.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1