IGNORED

Atari ST/TT/Falcon Homebrew Games Released/Completed/WIP in 2024

Atari ST/TT/Falcon Homebrew Games Released/Completed/WIP in 2024

Below is a list of all the Atari ST/TT/Falcon homebrew games that have either been physically released, completed or have released an updated WIP in 2024. Please let me know if there are any missing or inaccurate entries. NOTE: Games are only added to this list if there is a playable binary or video of the game.

Physical Release

Completed

WIP

Other Platforms:

More Info:

• Demo: Not the full game. Limited either by levels, time, lives or in some other way
  • Video Only: No public binary has ever been posted of the game.
  • WIP: Work in Progress, games that have not been declared 'Completed', 'Done' or 'Finished'
  • Declared Completed The date the game was declared 'Completed', 'Done' or 'Finished' and moved to Completed category
  • Dates listed are in relation to the Pacific Time Zone
  • Games that are described as 'Proof of Concept', 'Not A Game', 'Experiment' etc.. will not be listed here
  • Like 3

Hello everyone, I've been keeping track of all the new releases for Atari 2600, 7800, 5200, 8-Bit, Lynx and Jaguar systems (see links above) for a number of years and also run the yearly Atari Homebrew Awards. This coming year we're looking into adding the Atari ST/TT/Falcon line of homebrew games into the award categories and thought it would be a good idea to start this thread.

I would love assistance with information about homebrew games that have had updated binaries or videos in 2024, so feel free to post below with links!

Thank you so much and looking forward to learning more about the Atari ST/TT/Falcon scene!

- James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Added to Completed:

Hello there 😏✌️

Greetings from overseas to all friends of the good old atari ST !

I have been working on a game for the atari ST for quite some time (actually it has been about 7 years 😎),

and now that it is completed, i would like to offer it to you, for free.

nullmira tutorial (English).pdf                      0mira309.ST

The game is called "nullmira" and I developed it with Omikron.Basic 3.03.

0mira.thumb.jpg.2b1b70841a0ebaeece4f38b7fb61f2ef.jpg 

It is a round-based single-player rougelike hack&slay roleplay game and it is inspired by very old computergames

like Moria, Larn, and Hack, pen&paper games like Dungeons&Dragons, and of course the book "Lord of the Rings".

Modern representetives of this genre would be "path of exile" or "diablo".

System requirements:

atari ST/STE/falcon with at least 1 MB RAM, a blitter-chip is recommended

ST-high-resolution ( black&white 640x400 )

keyboard controlled (mouse optional)

run "foldr10.PRG" before playing! (it is in the auto-folder)

Nice features:

random-generated dungeons and items

graphics, with minimal animations

german language ( 🫣 maybe that will be a little bit of a downside for some of you 😉)

Update: I wrote a short tutorial in English

Those of you who overcome the language barrier might find a quite well balanced game with

a lot to discover and plenty of game depth, for an atari ST homebrew-game that is 😉

Here are some screenshots:   (fixed👍)

The town of nullmira. This is where the adventure starts

0mira1.thumb.jpg.10e22c7754e85b2efc9821bab7ba6f91.jpg

One of the shops in town. Items are randomly generated.

0mira2.thumb.jpg.6ac3f1aeaff6d4cd97f171b44e0dcd2a.jpg

The wilderness. Maybe I should explain at least some of the german gibberish 🙃

0mira3.thumb.jpg.d710cda8dec9d5aa6782c9f4dbf83716.jpg

HP= hit points                                                                                               STÄ= strength

MP= mana points                                  TIEFE= dungeon depth                      INT= intelligence

LEVEL= charakter level                   TREFFEN= hit chance                           KON= constitution

EXP= experience points                 SCHADEN= damage dealt                        GES= dexterity

GOLD= gold(money)                           SCHUTZ= armor class                         CHA= charisma

0mira4.thumb.jpg.17263bb03872baa6a27a09918539369f.jpg

One of the procedurally generated dungeons, with the map. The possible depth of the dungeon

is more or less unlimited. Deeper levels offer greater treasures ...and meaner monsters,

so try not to end up as monsterfood😋.

0mira5.thumb.jpg.22751742e301ed2b901f851a691de3f1.jpg

The equipment menu, with the little on-screen keyboard (for mouse control).

Have a look at the READ_ME.TXT for a command list in english.

So much for now, I really hope you have some fun with "nullmira" 😊

Cheers, Klaas

0mira309.ST

0mira.jpg

0mira1.jpg

0mira2.jpg

0mira3.jpg

0mira4.jpg

0mira5.jpg

Edited by Klaas
Added a tutorial in English
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DarkLord said:

I am unable to see any of the pictures...  :(

Thank you for the advice 👍

Same here... 🙁 Apparently there is a problem with the file host. For some whatsoever reasons they deleted the pictures instead of giving them the promissed unlimited lifetime.

Unfortunately I am not able to edit the post anymore... 🥴 whaaat a mess...

0mira screenshots.zip

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Klaas said:

The game is called "nullmira" and I developed it with Omikron.Basic 3.03.

Those of you who overcome the language barrier might find a quite well balanced game with

a lot to discover and plenty of game depth, for an atari ST homebrew-game that is 😉

Wow, that looks awesome! I would love to play it on my STacy. Any plans for an English patch? If not I will play it with a close friend who is German.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zap! said:

Wow, that looks awesome! I would love to play it on my STacy. Any plans for an English patch? If not I will play it with a close friend who is German.

Thank you very much 🙂 STacy is a funny machine, unfortunately I haven´t got my fingers on one yet. If you try it out please let me know if nullmira runs propperly on it! As for now, I cannot say that I have plans for an English patch, but who knows... maybe some time in the future. Till then I hope your friend can help you out. "Viele Grüße" to your friend! 🙂

8 hours ago, theboyfromanotherplanet said:

Looks really cool. Nice to see a hi-res game as I'm often too lazy to change cables 🤣

Thank you very much 🙂 I really like the high resolution mode very much. It is great for applications and it is a pity that there are so few games for it. Cool that you still use original atari hardware 😎 

• Like 1

Adam is Me by Bello Games | Party Version (20230721) | Declared Complete: July 8, 2023 | Last Updated: July 21, 2023

Bugziacs by Bello Games | Final Binary (20190601) | Declared Complete: June 1, 2019 | Last Updated: June 1, 2019

I don't know how far you want to go into the past but you can use this list as inspiration: https://demozoo.org/productions/?platform=9&production_type=33

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mikro said:

I don't know how far you want to go into the past but you can use this list as inspiration: https://demozoo.org/productions/?platform=9&production_type=33

Thank you for the suggestion and links! I hadn't planned on making a list of every Atari ST+ game release, only for this year and then others going forward. Perhaps someone else might want to create a comprehensive list of all the past game releases? Maybe the combination of DemoZoo and Pouet might already be serving that function. 🙂

- James

On 2/7/2024 at 4:14 AM, Zap! said:

Yes i second this, would love an english patch please, have tried it on real hardware and look lovely on a SM124 but the language i'm struggling with.

Thanks anyways

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 6:35 AM, mikro said:

On 2/8/2024 at 7:35 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Thank you for the suggestion and links! I hadn't planned on making a list of every Atari ST+ game release, only for this year and then others going forward. Perhaps someone else might want to create a comprehensive list of all the past game releases? Maybe the combination of DemoZoo and Pouet might already be serving that function. 🙂

- James

I think it would be quite useful to have historical lists. I don't expect James to do it - he has enough on his plate.

There have been some great games for the ST/Falcon over the past few years that probably need a little more love and attention.

Since they're spread over many sites it would be nice to have a de facto list.

Let's see what we can come up with. Perhaps in html to make it easier.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 10:00 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Hello everyone, I've been keeping track of all the new releases for Atari 2600, 7800, 5200, 8-Bit, Lynx and Jaguar systems (see links above) for a number of years and also run the yearly Atari Homebrew Awards. This coming year we're looking into adding the Atari ST/TT/Falcon line of homebrew games into the award categories and thought it would be a good idea to start this thread.

I would love assistance with information about homebrew games that have had updated binaries or videos in 2024, so feel free to post below with links!

Thank you so much and looking forward to learning more about the Atari ST/TT/Falcon scene!

- James

My website AtariUpToDate keeps track of all releases (not just games) and the start page shows all releases of the last 12 months:

https://atariuptodate.de/en/

And there's also my magazine ST-Computer (German only):

https://www.st-computer.org/en

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kimchipenguin said:

My website AtariUpToDate keeps track of all releases (not just games) and the start page shows all releases of the last 12 months:

https://atariuptodate.de/en/

And there's also my magazine ST-Computer (German only):

https://www.st-computer.org/en

Wow, what a great resource you have set up! Thank you so much for letting me know! I've bookmarked it and will continue to check it for updates.

- James

On 2/10/2024 at 4:22 PM, JamesWD said:

Yes i second this, would love an english patch please, have tried it on real hardware and look lovely on a SM124 but the language i'm struggling with.

Thanks anyways

Thank you very much 🙂 I think it would be great to have an English patch, but I suppose it would probably take quite some effort and time to work through the 5000ish lines of code. Furthermore the game has a bit of a humorous tone and I´m not sure if my English skills would suffice to get that right. Maybe I will find some time to give it a try. Thanks for the encouragement!

• Like 1